• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion "Hidden content is only available for registered users"

• Thread starter Deleted member 4629
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4629

Hi dearest members of Famiboards,

First of all, i'm so sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place. I looked around but i just couldn't find an appropiate thread to ask this question, maybe i overlooked something, if so please let me know.

So, i'm a pretty new member of Famiboards. I joined in April of this year. But ever since i joined, when i looked in threads, i couldn't see certain messages. Instead, it would say "Hidden content is only available for registered users", like this:
image.png

Does anyone know why i am not able to see these messages? I don't see anyone else having trouble with it. If its respect the privacy of certain people i fully understand that, but i'd just like to know why, and if possible how to see the messages.

Thanks in advance!

I think it's just a misunderstanding; because it's highlighted green it means that you are a registered user who can read the message

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Come back to this thread in incognito mode and you'll see what I mean

I think it's just a misunderstanding; because it's highlighted green it means that you are a registered user who can read the message

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Come back to this thread in incognito mode and you'll see what I mean
The text underneath the banner is the content available for registered members.
* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Oh my God, how stupid of me. Yea, i was very confused. But after your explanations it makes sense now.

Thank you for your answers everyone, i really appreciate it!

Oh my God, how stupid of me. Yea, i was very confused. But after your explanations it makes sense now.

Thank you for your answers everyone, i really appreciate it!
Nah, you're not stupid at all, we're all new at some point 😋

If you wanna get real fancy, you can also use [reply][/reply] to limit hidden messages only to people who have actually posted in the thread before, and also [plain][/plain] to limit BB code from being activated so you don't have to type with spaces between codes (which I thought was a neat little trick buried in the Xenforo coding haha)

Last edited:

If you wanna get real fancy, you can also use *** Hidden text: cannot be quoted. ***
to limit hidden messages only to people who have actually posted in the thread before, and also [plain][/plain] to limit BBC code from being activated so you don't have to type with spaces between codes (which I thought was a neat little trick buried in the Xenforo coding haha)
Oh wow, thanks! Someone should make a list of all these hidden features, i think that would help with accessibility.

I have to say you really made me laugh today. But that's it OP, everyone mess up with new stuff once in a while. Cheers!
Hahaha, well i'm happy to help brighten your day! :p

If you wanna get real fancy, you can also use *** Hidden text: cannot be quoted. ***
to limit hidden messages only to people who have actually posted in the thread before, and also [plain][/plain] to limit BBC code from being activated so you don't have to type with spaces between codes (which I thought was a neat little trick buried in the Xenforo coding haha)
plain, plain, plain, plain

Oh wow, thanks! Someone should make a list of all these hidden features, i think that would help with accessibility.

Hahaha, well i'm happy to help brighten your day! :p
Three steps ahead of you 😋 Admittedly you have to really scroll to get down to the bottom past the banner ad, but along the sidebar of Help has access to a number of links and resources

plain, plain, plain, plain
breaking-bad-walter-white.gif

And I still can't read the word correctly now from typing it six times with square brackets 🙃

Three steps ahead of you 😋 Admittedly you have to really scroll to get down to the bottom past the banner ad, but along the sidebar of Help has access to a number of links and resources

breaking-bad-walter-white.gif

And I still can't read the word correctly now from typing it six times with square brackets 🙃
Ah, neat, thanks! Thats going to be really helpful for future posts and comments.

Back
Top Bottom