• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Hi-Fi Rush Rated in Australia for Nintendo Switch and PS4

Classification date
15 December 2022

Media type
PC, Playstation 4 (PS4), Nintendo Switch, Online/mobile, Xbox One, Arcade

Classification date
15 December 2022

Media type
PC, Playstation 4 (PS4), Nintendo Switch, Online/mobile, Xbox One, Arcade

The mobile and arcade thing is something that appears frequently in Switch game ratings in Australia, so it seems to be one of the ways to classify the platform in that rating department.

The rating is outdated and from before release; the final rating being the "other version" below (here). Even without this listing we would know from the court document leaks that Hi-Fi Rush was full multiplat before the acquisition anyway. The rating is unrelated to the current port rumor.

Please be excited for this announcement though:

IZ00bnL.png

The rating is outdated and from before release; the final rating being the "other version" below (here). Even without this listing we would know from the court document leaks that Hi-Fi Rush was full multiplat before the acquisition anyway. The rating is unrelated to the current port rumor.

IZ00bnL.png
I believe this is a repost from RESETERA, but the main intention of the original post (at least, the one most people saw and reposted, being mine probably whoops) wasn't to point out that the port rumors were right, but to agree with lolilol about the existence of the PS5 and Switch versions of the game.

Also just gonna repost what i said on reddit:
I want to point out that this doesn't debunk the "The ports existed at some point" rumor, which is what I pointed out in the original post. I was drawing connections to Lolilol, not the current port rumors.

My post above:

It should be noted that this doesn't confirm that there are versions coming for these platforms soon
That was never my intention. My actual intention was to prove these ports existed and could be ported in the future, if Xbox so chooses.

IZ00bnL.png
I would love to buy a 3DS version of Redfall

I believe this is a repost from RESETERA, but the main intention of the original post (at least, the one most people saw and reposted, being mine probably whoops) wasn't to point out that the port rumors were right, but to agree with lolilol about the existence of the PS5 and Switch versions of the game.

Also just gonna repost what i said on reddit:

I've known about the rating for many months, didn't learn about it from your reddit post or any of the twitter accounts / articles / threads reposting (regularly without credit it seems) it lol. Mentioned it in smaller circles when the court doc leak happened because it was relevant; it just wasn't worth widely reporting on (especially in the unresearched form all of these outlets are presenting it in), and I still believe that. I don't think it has any relation to lolilolailo's info (which IS part of the port rumor, they aren't separable), even though I believe that info regardless.

Additionally, the point in posting the Redfall rating is to show that the intern filing for the rating ticking the box for a platform doesn't mean they actually have a completed or even currently in production version on those platforms (most publishers don't handle this the way ZeniMax do, even Nintendo sometimes chooses the vague "Multi Platform" option despite obviously always being exclusive to their own hardware). The info from the court leak is from 2020, and i'm not confident the PS / Switch versions actually progressed far enough past the acquisition at that time to have still been planned for a launch as of 2022. Feel like the new rumor is more likely to have been a (relatively) more recent decision to restart work on those ports.

Last edited:
Yeah this sounds like game got re-rated after the acquisition. Which reveals one thing: Microsoft indeed killed the other platforms versions of the games after the acquisition. Tim Schafer implied this.

It more sounds like Switch will get nothing from todays rumors.

I’m so glad more people will get to play this game! I really wanted it to do well so I bought it on pc despite it being on gamepass

Hi-Fi Rush coming to playstation is pretty surprising. Cool if true though. Wasn't really expecting new bethesda games to show up on sony platforms after the acquisition.

In Australia, games are rated for multiplatform so they don't have to be rerated if new releases are made

So this means nothing
Someone at the r/gamingleaksandrumors once said AU rating boards also require playable builds (though unclear how complete) of the games. Mondomega is right, this game seems to have got re-rated after the acquisition.

honestly..it really sucks if they removed the switch and ps versions. Hi-Fi Rush isn't really going to be a system sellers and would sell nicely to those console's bases. A very short-sighted move from MS

Wouldn't surprise me if it's only a PS4 version, same as Psychonauts 2 - arbitrarily keeping the "next gen" versions exclusive

Hyped for the arcade version. I'll play it in Japanese arcades with @Aurc @big lantern ghost

MV5BOWU3ZDdlNDctMjI1OC00MDgyLTg5MTYtOTU0ZGM3OGMzOTI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzk0NzgwMTE@._V1_.jpg
I haven't been able to play Hi-Fi Rush yet. If it comes to Switch or PlayStation, I'll finally be able to give it a go. I know Christmas just passed, but I'm asking Tower Knight from the PS3 version of Demon's Souls if he can put in a good word with Santa for me.

yakuza-ono-michio.gif

It more sounds like Switch will get nothing from todays rumors.
Why so negative on family boards?

I haven't been able to play Hi-Fi Rush yet. If it comes to Switch or PlayStation, I'll finally be able to give it a go. I know Christmas just passed, but I'm asking Tower Knight from the PS3 version of Demon's Souls if he can put in a good word with Santa for me.

yakuza-ono-michio.gif

1*zDZzqrpKTaiPlRw8Rj0FjA.jpeg

IMG-6056.jpg

He’s holding up two fingers…. maybe this is meant for Switch 2? I mean it does kinda make sense

/s but I want to believe😭

lolilo kinda implied that it WAS in dev for Switch but not anymore, could be a remnant from the time that it was. Best to wait until Direct to find out.
if this was a recent update, then it's still probably poised for it. if it was canned, then they could have just not put it in the game

I'm curious what "I'm Here Baby" could be referencing for Sony. Death Stranding?

I think the Rock Out Anywhere isn't a Switch 2 hint, just a "play at home or on the go" reference given the Switch's portable nature; nothing deeper than that
I heavily recommend the game to anyone as an enjoyer on series x. I’m double dipping on switch if this shadow drops and gets a physical.

lolilo kinda implied that it WAS in dev for Switch but not anymore, could be a remnant from the time that it was. Best to wait until Direct to find out.
if it was canned, why would it be in a recent update?

all of these articles are missing the fact that the person who originally found it seems to be a Tumblr fangirl with a crush on Chai, truly one of the most ideal sources for a game leak.
their post was made six days before the subreddit post.

Wonder if MS are gonna pull a Psychonauts 2 and have the PlayStation version be PS4 only (hence the PS4 rating) so it doesn't have fast loading/support dual sense etc...

Back
Top Bottom