• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Guitar Players |ST| - We turn it up to 11

Vanillalite

Bob-omb
Welcome to the Fami Guitar Thread!

Consider this a catch all guitar players from those who have never picked up an instrument to those who have been playing their whole lives and everything in between. We can share tips, our fav songs to play, pics of our gear and anything else you can think of!

I'll start off by sharing my first ever semi hollow guitar my wife surprised me with for Valentine's Day. Never had a non solid body electric before this. It's from the Ibanez Artcore lineup. Plays like a dream.

img_0883cjkhz.jpeg

I used to play a lot of guitar, playing since the age of 13. But I quit ages ago. Nowadays, I can barely take a chord without my fingers hurting. In 2013, I could play Dream Theater solos. I do still have a certain fondness for the guitar as an instrument, and guitar based music of course.

Nice guitar you've got! I've never touched a hollowed out one in my life, but I suppose the acoustics does remarkable stuff for the sound.

I'm 43 and I bought my first guitar last year. I'm trying to self learn since, and it's not easy lol, but that's something I've always wanted to achieve.
Sooner than later I'd like to buy myself a great electric guitar, but before this I want to be able to reach a minimum level.

I'm 43 and I bought my first guitar last year. I'm trying to self learn since, and it's not easy lol, but that's something I've always wanted to achieve.
Sooner than later I'd like to buy myself a great electric guitar, but before this I want to be able to reach a minimum level.
Honestly the quality you can get these days for $500 and under is crazy compared to the past.

Hell you got people out there that think the Mexican Strats are better than the American ones.

It’s also easier than ever to self teach with all of the apps out there and YouTube tutorials. Biggest thing is to just play. Even if you suck just play. Play play play.

I play bass(well I’ve been slacking and I’m self taught and I have a lousy ear) and I’ve been trying to teach myself mandolin… well I’ve got C,D and G down but my strumming needs a ton of work

Hey fami, I have a question : is it possible to practice guitar with a guitalele ? It would be more easy for me to carry through travels, I'm leaving for a month mid july and I'd like to be able to keep on practicing.
Are the chords shapes the same ? Are The pentatonic scales forms the same ?

Hey fami, I have a question : is it possible to practice guitar with a guitalele ? It would be more easy for me to carry through travels, I'm leaving for a month mid july and I'd like to be able to keep on practicing.
Are the chords shapes the same ? Are The pentatonic scales forms the same ?

You can play guitar chords but bear in mind it will sound like a guitar with a capo on the fifth fret.

Sigh I either need to buckle down with my bass and rocksmith or get focused on my mandolin. In theory the latter is easier as I don’t keep it cased and zero setup needed but momentum is tricky for me

Back
Top Bottom