• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Grubb: PlayStation Showcase should air in May, but definitely before SGF

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him

A lot of fans have been waiting to see what it next from Sony so here is hoping it is a banger of a show!

Checks out with what he’s been saying. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the first week of June, that’s when they held their State of Play last year.

Can’t wait to see the $300 plus internet required handheld that only streams PS5 games from your console!

I don’t really need more game info with how much I have to play, but a layout of the future is good for me. Let’s hope it’s not all multiplayer stuff though.

What if they drop a trailer for a Bloodborne remake by Bluepoint Games (set to release Q4 2023) followed by the announcement of Bloodborne II by FromSoftware?

Last edited:
My totally reasonable predictions:

Wild Arms UE5 remake
Syphon Filter reboot
Sly Cooper 5
Dark Cloud 3
Resogun 2
LocoRoco 3
Ape Escape 4
The Puppeteer 2
Soul Sacrifice 2
Oreshika 3

God I Hope not, but you're probably right :(

For me I'd just like to see actual Spiderman 2 and Stellar Blade gameplay. I doubt the latter will release this year unless it's an extremely shallow action game experience.

Feels like we need a new batch of games to look forward to long term now that the PS4 cross gen period is winding down. There’s definitely a good few big projects floating like Spider-Man 2 that need proper showings and release dates, but that list is getting smaller.

I’m just happy we finally have cool games to play at a steady pace. I really dug Like A Dragon Ishin from February, next week we have Star Wars (though Xenoblade takes absolute priority for me), and in June we have both Street Fighter 6 and Final Fantasy XVI. Some great stuff still to come this year too like Spider Man and Alan Wake.

About Sony output I'm only interested whatever Housemarque and Bluepoint are cooking, but I will be very excited if the game from GenDesign (Aka from Fumito Ueda game) appear here.

even when most of it will be CGI trailers and the game is 2-3 years out
This definitely saps my excitement out of tuning into these shows. I get why CGI trailers exist but they do almost nothing for me.

Wild Arms UE5 remake
Syphon Filter reboot
Sly Cooper 5
Dark Cloud 3
Resogun 2
LocoRoco 3
Ape Escape 4
The Puppeteer 2
Unless said CGI trailer is about any of these, in which case good job Sony keep them coming.

What is still scheduled to release, anyway? FF7R2, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and maybe one of the GaaS things they’ve been developing I guess, but am I forgetting something?

This definitely saps my excitement out of tuning into these shows. I get why CGI trailers exist but they do almost nothing for me.

Unless said CGI trailer is about any of these, in which case good job Sony keep them coming.

What is still scheduled to release, anyway? FF7R2, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and maybe one of the GaaS things they’ve been developing I guess, but am I forgetting something?
Lost Soul Aside, Stellar Blade, Syn-Duality, whatever the Persona inspired dating sim RPG was called (Eternights??), the KOTOR Remake, and Death Stranding 2 were some of the other bigger games they’ve featured at these shows that haven’t locked down release dates yet. Maybe Syn Duality did, I forget. Death Stranding was at Geoff’s show, but iirc is still an exclusive.

Lost Soul Aside, Stellar Blade, Syn-Duality, whatever the Persona inspired dating sim RPG was called (Eternights??), the KOTOR Remake, and Death Stranding 2 were some of the other bigger games they’ve featured at these shows that haven’t locked down release dates yet
Oh right, KotoR and DS2. Forgot about those. I vaguely remember the rest too. That’s more than enough to fill a showcase with.

It's ASTRO time.
200w.gif

Can’t wait to see the $300 plus internet required handheld that only streams PS5 games from your console!
You joke, but after this remote play device started being talked about, I picked up a Logitech G Cloud which does exactly what the Q Lite is supposed to do, and it’s amazing. It turns the PS5 and the Xbox into Switches.

Anyway, about the Showcase. Here’s hoping for some good PSVR2 announcements! It feels like that thing died as soon as it came out. And I was so hyped for it too.. 😰

You guys think the rumored Persona 3 remake could be announced here?
Possible. Atlus is due for some announcements soon, be it either in Sony’s show, the XBOX event, or SGF. We should see something somewhere in there. Although we might be getting SMT news at the concert/event in two weeks, too.

I think it’d be a standalone announcement for Atlus personally even if it is a remake since it’d generate the most buzz. But if they have some marketing agreement it’d be out of their hands.

I can imagine some of the big games that might get announced. However, what I'm currently wondering is if any of the rumored PlayStation hardware (PS5 redesign, PS5 Pro, PS5 handheld) would get mentioned here. As someone who is waiting for the "Slim" before buying a PS5, that redesign is where most of my interest lies. A May date feels a bit early to talk about a new design for the PS5 if it's coming in late summer/fall (my assumption), but if this event is about kicking off a "Phase 2" of the PS5 of sorts with a ton of new things to look forward to, maybe it does make sense to show the new PS5 design as well.

For me I'd just like to see actual Spiderman 2 and Stellar Blade gameplay. I doubt the latter will release this year unless it's an extremely shallow action game experience.
Wasn't Stellar Blade already confirmed for 2023? love the genre but not much excited about it.

In regards of the Showcase, I just hope it's not an E3 2016 like "we'll show you some hype trailer perfectly cut but you'll play this in years." Not my jam.

Here's hoping Capcom finally shows what Pragmata is. I also hope that Sony unveils the PS5 Slim/Gen 2 (With a price cut please🥺).
It's possible. It was supposed to release this year, wasn't.

Sony first party software does literally nothing to move the needle for me. Hopefully they got some good third party reveals.

Wasn't Stellar Blade already confirmed for 2023? love the genre but not much excited about it.

In regards of the Showcase, I just hope it's not an E3 2016 like "we'll show you some hype trailer perfectly cut but you'll play this in years." Not my jam.

Yeah it was last year, I'm just setting myself up just in case it is delayed or something.

No. Atlus doesn't go to Sony events, and they have P6 and another 5 spinoff to announce to. Likely will do an event similar to the Yakuza one last year with Ishin remake, Gaiden and 8

My totally reasonable predictions:

Wild Arms UE5 remake
Syphon Filter reboot
Sly Cooper 5
Dark Cloud 3
Resogun 2
LocoRoco 3
Ape Escape 4
The Puppeteer 2
Soul Sacrifice 2
Oreshika 3

I knew Sony cratering their Japan Studio and legacy IP was an April Fool's Joke, all along. Haha, you're so funny Sony.

sad-sad-guts.gif

Hope we see some new ideas or IPs for the "Phase 2" of PS5 (I've seen a lot of people call it that, seems kinda silly but I'll roll with it). The PS4 was so exciting because, even for the returning IPs, they were either greatly expanded upon or just rebooted altogether, and that's been almost entirely absent from the PS5 so far. The only big 1st party games that I don't really think of as iterative sequels are Returnal, Astro Bot, and I guess Sackboy, and the latter two really didn't register all that much in the grand scheme of things (although I did like Astro Bot for what it was).

Obviously, iterative doesn't mean bad, far from it. They've had a great lineup so far in terms of pure quality. I just want to see more new ideas. Still doesn't really feel like PlayStation has entered the next generation so far, mostly just an extension of the PS4.

Hoping for FF7 Rebirth.

Hoping I can get hyped for DS2. The first one was a great experience and really fucking cool from a game design perspective, but I can’t say it was “fun” most of the time so I was fine with it being a one off. Not sure how I feel about a sequel but hey, it’s Kojima so I’ll be there.

I'm absolutely ready for a Playstation Showcase, I just hope it's one that doesn't just play the hits (Street Fighter, FF16, Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, etc.). I want the weird/different stuff too!

Really wonder what Spider-man 2 is gonna do to shake it up given they're kind of forced the use (mostly) the same map over and over. I have a feeling Insomniac has some wacky shit up their sleeve, though.

I'm expecting Spidey 2 to be a very safe sequel. They'll take more risks with Wolverine, but I think that game will play more like TLOU than Spidey.

Really wonder what Spider-man 2 is gonna do to shake it up given they're kind of forced the use (mostly) the same map over and over. I have a feeling Insomniac has some wacky shit up their sleeve, though.
I really felt the burn out while going through Miles Morales earlier this year, and that was after giving myself a twelve month break after playing Spider-Man Remastered. MM was way too much of the same thing. SM2 better have a good hook that isn’t just Peter and Miles co-op.

I mean I love their games but insomniac sequels are all basically just more polished and refined versions of the last game. I expect no different with it just being a more refined spider-man 1 with a one-off gimmick

I really felt the burn out while going through Miles Morales earlier this year, and that was after giving myself a twelve month break after playing Spider-Man Remastered. MM was way too much of the same thing. SM2 better have a good hook that isn’t just Peter and Miles co-op.
I mean I love their games but insomniac sequels are all basically just more polished and refined versions of the last game. I expect no different with it just being a more refined spider-man 1 with a one-off gimmick
Right. I think Insomniac might be the most reliable 8.5/10 developer in the business. But I'm always hopeful that their next one is what really makes them pop off.

Just add sky islands to NYC like TotK is doing with BotW's map.

I would honestly be fine with Spider-Man 2 just being more Spider-Man. Maybe include fewer inane side quests about catching pigeons.

Aside from that, I guess SF6 is what I’m most excited about. Don’t really feel anything for the rest of their upcoming releases.

Loved Miles Morales for what it was, but Spidey 2 definitely needs to shake things up. A side game sharing the same DNA as the predecessor is fine, great even. But the sequel should shake things up.

Back
Top Bottom