• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Godzilla series Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Coming This Fall

Yup. That is indeed Godzilla

Looking forward to it. I think this show will live or die depending on if Apple put enough $$$ into it that we actually get to see Godzilla/other monsters for a decent amount of time.

I really enjoyed that Skull Island anime Netflix dropped recently, so I'm riding high going into this, hope they pull it off.

Screenshot_12.png

Oh shit, time to renew my AppleTV+ subscription. Looks great, can't wait.

Just watched it. Pretty good so far; honestly it's nice to go back to Godzilla 2014's tone and overall aesthetic. I've found the rest of the MonsterVerse fun overall (got my criticisms though), but I missed this more serious/grounded tone.

Curious to see how things develop.

Really loving it so far!
The human component of the story is lot better than the Monsterverse movies; don't get me wrong, I had a great time with those films, but the human stuff was a mixed bag. Here though, characters are well rounded and the actors do an excellent job.
And yeah, it does a great job of recapturing the darker tone of the 2014 film, which is refreshing to return to.

Between this, Godzilla Minus One, and the next Legendary entry in April, it's a great time to be a kaiju buff.

Episode 3 was dropped early, anyone else watch it yet? Still enjoying it, myself.

It's nice to not just see a more serious tone/compelling characters, but also getting to see the 2014 design for Godzilla again. I don't mind the KotM/GvK redesigns, but I've got a soft spot for 2014's.

Back
Top Bottom