• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective |ST| Plz buy this masterpiece, I am shilling for free because of how good it is (Demo available. Tag spoilers)

MrBones

#TrustTheProcess #NotMyPaperMario
Banned
Featuring a fully remastered soundtrack by TGAA Composer Yasumasa Kitagawa, of GOAT fame

This demo allows you to play up to Chapter 2 of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Save data from the demo version can be transferred to the full version, allowing you to continue your progress after purchasing the game. Additionally, having save data from the demo will unlock the following content in the full game:
  • Two screen backgrounds:
    • Sissel
    • Town
  • Music track (can be listened to in the Music menu):
    • “Ghost Trick”
Solve your own murder in this quirky, puzzle-packed mystery classic, now in high-definition!
BANG! A single bullet rings out in the dark city. But as one life ends, the story is just getting started… Sissel wakes up as a ghost and realizes he has lost his memory along with his life. “Who am I? Who killed me? And why?” With only a few hours until sunrise—and oblivion—to uncover these answers, Sissel must solve the mystery of his own murder, starting with the detective who may have witnessed the crime… Using the powers of the dead, you can possess and manipulate objects and even rewind time as you work to solve brainteasing puzzles in a story chock-full of quirky humor and charming characters.
This long-awaited high-definition remaster of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, the classic mystery puzzle game directed by Shu Takumi, creator of the Ace Attorney series, features upgraded visuals and sound. Enjoy new music arrangements by celebrated Great Ace Attorney composer Yasumasa Kitagawa which are fully synchronized with the original music so you can switch between them at any time during gameplay. This is no trick: it’s the ultimate version of this puzzle-solving mystery adventure classic!
Note: the “Full Version Available” button shown on the Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective demo title screen and at the end of the demo will become functional after the full version’s release. Until then, this button will not link to the store page.
Demo Links: eShop, Playstation Store, Xbox Store Steam

Ghost Trick is an absolute masterpiece and a must-play for anyone who's a fan of video games, or just good fiction in general. And I really don't say that lightly. Please check it out!

DS version also had a demo downloadable through Nintendo channel. It also played through chapter 2. 12 years later I'm downloading demo once again.

I was intending to get this game at some point but probably not at launch, having played through the demo I'm now buying it at launch. That was super cool and fun.

i really hope this meets and exceeds capcom's expectations 🤞
It totally will and Capcom will do nothing about it. Ultra SF2 sold over 1m on Switch and SF Collection did 800k and they promised to "bank on that success". They didn't. Capcom's screwup on Switch is the biggest of them all, 2 Monster Hunter games and one Megaman game were all they did for the system.

i really hope this meets and exceeds capcom's expectations 🤞
I did my part (i.e. I preordered an imported physical copy because Capcom FUCKING HATES European Switch owners). After years of hearing people gush about this game, I just have to see it for myself.
It totally will and Capcom will do nothing about it. Ultra SF2 sold over 1m on Switch and SF Collection did 800k and they promised to "bank on that success". They didn't. Capcom's screwup on Switch is the biggest of them all, 2 Monster Hunter games and one Megaman game were all they did for the system.
I like (or would that be dislike?) to think that the "Ok, but not anything special" support that Capcom gave the Switch is actually them banking on the success of the early tests. As in, had those games or the Switch itself not sold well, the only thing that Capcom would have put on the system would have been USF2, Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2 and (Japan only) Monster Hunter XX. Which is a really depressing thought, ngl.

I love this game to bits and the soundtrack is an absolute banger. One of the best OSTs on the DS, without a doubt. Just perfection.

Not seeing demo in EU Eshop yet
Have you tried going to the prepurchase page? I couldn’t find it at first because I was thinking it would be its own thing. When I went to the purchase page for the game there was a download demo link below the purchase option. This was on the eshop from my Switch.

Despite knowing several Ace Attorney fans, I was the only person at my local EB Games to
1. Pre-order a copy of this game when it first released
2. Have even heard of this game prior to its release (including the employees)

This is not a hipster brag, this is a plea to "please buy this video game, it owns." I'm honestly amazed they've even bothered remastering this one, that's how poorly I'm assuming it sold back in the day.

Demo downloading as we speak, always wanted to pick this up on DS but never had the chance. Glad to correct this transgression

wow, my curiosity was piqued, but the adamant support here has sold me

I loved this game on the DS. Finished the demo and I just wish they somehow made this widescreen. It just looks so off on a full screen TV, especially when you see the nice loading screen visuals that are in wide-screen.

Controls are fine, music is still great (sounds amazing on my speaker system) and the game runs smooth. I played on Playstation, but does Switch version offer touch controls? The game felt better when you got to move the stylus around object to object.

Man I'd love a sequel to this game. It's still charming as ever. Can't wait for a whole new crowd to play it (especially those coming from the growth in popularity the Ace Attorney series garnered over the past decade).

Despite knowing several Ace Attorney fans, I was the only person at my local EB Games to
1. Pre-order a copy of this game when it first released
2. Have even heard of this game prior to its release (including the employees)

This is not a hipster brag, this is a plea to "please buy this video game, it owns." I'm honestly amazed they've even bothered remastering this one, that's how poorly I'm assuming it sold back in the day.
Capcom's marketing department utterly failed Ghost Trick the first time around. They're redeeming themselves now at least. Just hope that's reflected in the sales.

FydIPygWIAArKbu

Like the game a decent amount, but doesn't seem like there is anything new here at least from what I have seen for old buyers to experience right?

Like the game a decent amount, but doesn't seem like there is anything new here at least from what I have seen for old buyers to experience right?
Just the rearranged soundtrack and bonus galleries.

I am mainly buying/shilling for support's sake, but I'm looking forward to playing again with the new soundtrack as well.

I have this for iPhone — a version that is apparently not sold anymore? — but I will get this again. Maybe on Xbox! Ghost Trick is lit. Anyone jumping in for the first time will be wowed, I bet!

I've never heard of this game before until the remaster announcement. Just played through the demo, saved the life of a cute girl and an even cuter doggo, 10/10.
Writing and overall presentation feels very charming, bonus points for full touchscreen support in portable mode! Although I do find it weird that it's not fullscreen, it doesn't really take away from the game by much.

What little story there was in there intrigued me, so I'll probably get the full game when it releases :)

Finished the demo. That is a fun and interesting game. I very well may be buying it when it comes out. Shame that there is no physical release though.

Finished the demo. That is a fun and interesting game. I very well may be buying it when it comes out. Shame that there is no physical release though.
If you're okay with importing there are physical releases in Japan and Asia that are multi-language.

Have you tried going to the prepurchase page? I couldn’t find it at first because I was thinking it would be its own thing. When I went to the purchase page for the game there was a download demo link below the purchase option. This was on the eshop from my Switch.
It's added now on the store page too, it wasn't yesterday

I don't even want a sequel necessarily. I just hope good sales give Takumi and co. the leverage/clout to create whatever the hell they want. New IPs, Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick, whatever.

Fuck it, I'm buying 20 copies

But for real, this is a day 1 buy even though I probably won't get to it for a while

i just love all 20 of us ghost trick fans collectively praying to the high heavens this gets to be a real success

Back
Top Bottom