• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

PlayStation [Gematsu] Star Wars : Rebel Assault II coming to PS Plus. FACTOR 5 LIVES, BABY.

Koren Lesthe

Turrican, Terranigma and ESO lover
Pronouns
He/Him
So yeah, the PS1 version of Star Wars Rebel Assault is coming to the PS Plus catalog.
This port was done by Factor 5 and it has its own quirks. Working on a Star Wars game was their destiny, as a few years later, they would release the amazing Star Wars : Rogue Squadron.

I would kill for another Rogue Squadron/Leader/Strike game, or even just a port to modern consoles. As Lucasfilm becomes more and more obsessed with Jedi stories, I really miss the days of pilot stories and top tier ship action.

I would kill for another Rogue Squadron/Leader/Strike game, or even just a port to modern consoles. As Lucasfilm becomes more and more obsessed with Jedi stories, I really miss the days of pilot stories and top tier ship action.
Seeing how pretty much every Star Wars games from the 90s is getting a port / remaster (Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Dark Forces, Battlefront 1 & 2), I think it might happen, one day or another.

At least first with Rogue Squadron 1.

notably, the game was a major turning point for Star Wars as a whole. As it was one of the first projects to include newly filmed live-action footage since the original trilogy ended. 4 years before the prequels were even a thing.
though the gameplay is the fairly limited “FMV” style you’d expect from early games of it’s type.

I remember being pretty disappointed with this game
Still played the crap out of it
Beat it even

Back
Top Bottom