• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion gamescom Opening Night Live |ST| Show starts at 11 AM PT/2 PM ET/8 PM CET, Kyle Bosman pre-show 30 minutes prior

Hey, I was just looking to see if we already had a thread on here and you made one!
Anyways, I don't expect anything big for Switch* but it should be entertaining enough (I wish it wasn't 2 and a half hours though... that's a bit too long)

*There's definitely a part of me that's coping hard that maybe Nintendo themselves will have a surpise - they haven't been involved with ONL before, but they also didn't attend gamescom between 2020-2022.

Looking forward to a release date for Zenless Zone Zero.
Interested to see gameplay footage of Phantom Liberty.
Cool to see Nintendo's larger presence this year.

I've never really followed Gamescom. Does Nintendo have a presence at these events and have they ever shown anything big as far as software or hardware reveals?

They have a stand where you can play some of their recent and/or upcoming games at the actual show, as well as running tournaments for their switch titles (kart, smash, Splatoon are all at this Gamescom) but like all events they attend any more, they pretty much only do announcements on their own terms in directs or social media announcements.

Guess I'll have this running in the background while I work, but beyond AW2 (I really should play the first on Switch after buying it last year lol) and Sonic Superstars I'm not expecting much to catch my eye

Yeah this looks pretty dire for my interests. Maybe a Sonic Superstars release date or something indie that he hasn't tried to hype up prior. Won't be watching live.

Yeah this looks pretty dire for my interests. Maybe a Sonic Superstars release date or something indie that he hasn't tried to hype up prior. Won't be watching live.
I think it was already leaked as October 27th, 2023, same day as Alan Wake 2? Can't remember where I read it though

"The world's biggest in-person gaming event", a statement of fact perhaps but also a slight dig at E3? lol

Geoff already said not to expect anything big at the show at it will be more low-key
Yeah... if the guy who's known for overhyping his shows is trying to keep expectation low for this one, you know exactly what to expect

"The world's biggest in-person gaming event", a statement of fact perhaps but also a slight dig at E3? lol
It is indeed factual and it's a statement that gamescom has been repeating for like a decade now, so I don't think it has anything to do with Geoff's beef with E3

I've never really followed Gamescom. Does Nintendo have a presence at these events and have they ever shown anything big as far as software or hardware reveals?
Nintendo has a presence, but never usually announces anything big.

The Pokemon Company did say they were announcing something here after the Pokemon Presents a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if the Poltchaigeist is what they were announcing.

I really hope R* comes out tonight just to say "We were going to, but now we're not" out of sheer spite.

Oh man i wish Geoff wasnt this obsessed with his movies and shows, really dont need no Zach Snyder at the show.
The audience really doesnt care about this stuff.

Little Nightmares III is actually an awesome announcement for me, wasn't expecting that. Hype is a little bit tempered because it isn't Tarsier, but Supermassive are decently talented devs too.

Getting one interesting thing out of this is more than I expected!

Back
Top Bottom