• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

Seems like the Switch 2 is safe, when it comes to COD.

As for if the game will be coming to the Nintendo Switch (as Call of Duty will now come to Nintendo platforms for 10 years as a part of the Activision / Microsoft deal), Insider Gaming understands that this will begin with the Nintendo Switch 2, which is presumably set to launch next year.

He does have a few genuinely good sources with a good track record, and when he regurgitates their information he is seen as credible. He also (allegedly) happens to have more connections to insiders in the industry than most other self-proclaimed leakers (like RGT, for example) who are in actuality just information collectors, often from the same sources, which they then parrot to viewers in video form.

The problem is he also has bad sources mixed in with the good ones, and he himself isn't really all that smart so he makes uninformed guesses with no real logical input by himself by over-extrapolating from good information, which he then either passes off as facts or information he is "80% confident" or "90% confident" and so on.

There's another YouTuber named AdoredTV, and I personally think he's much more credible. At the very least he uploads only when he thinks he has enough credible information, which can often take months to accumulate. He also does journalism pieces with actual critical input, such as his work on Intel back in 2020 and their dubious history with AMD. He's also known to have made some bad takes in the past, which he at least acknowledges. Unfortunately I don't think he does these sorts of content anymore, or maybe he's waiting again. The last time he made a video was 11 months ago, not counting a PC building video hosted by someone else on his channel.
I don't doubt his AMD sources but his Nvidia and Nintendo leak always had my eyes rolling. But even then, I can't say to much on that. It jist certain stuff he doesn't do. They are journalists out there claiming he says this or that, it makes him look better or more credible. In reality, he is just guessing or whatever he said is misinterpreted. The problem is he will never correct them if it makes him look good.

A year ago people were talking as if Pikmin 4 was the final Switch game.
I legitimately thought pikmin 4 would be the cross gen showcase 🤣

I do want to say if colored buttons is true I’d love it if the buttons had a thin ring around them that glowed the appropriate color and when in sideways joycon mode the leds would switch to accommodate

And they could just not label the letters … and just use colors if they wanted

Last edited:
I am not angry I think it pathetic that he would take credit for something that he likely had someone come on here and research. Like it make you less respected.

What if I made a youtube channel, right now and looked up all the research and discussion and made it either come off as a good educated guess or an "insider" i am connected to, how would it make me look?
I understand, but honestly I don't care much. Maybe because I'm older I'm not that emotionally invested. There are a lot of people like that and it's inevitable to happen. I'm not going to spend my precious energy and be angry at all of them. I'm just better off avoiding them and find no point insulting them.

the last 2 doom games did extremely well on switch with sales, no reason to think they won't

....honestly at the rate things are going Switch might sell more third party games than Xbox lol

Last edited:
I understand, but honestly I don't care much. Maybe because I'm older I'm not that emotionally invested. There are a lot of people like that and it's inevitable to happen. I'm just better off avoiding them and find no point insulting them.
I guess. I will leave it alone.

Don't let people like MLID live in your heads rent free. He will be proven right or wrong soon enough.
If he's bullshitting then it's a short term play to get clicks while Switch 2 speculation is hot. But it's not like we won't know the specs in the next year or so.

With Nintendo hardware launches there are always concern trolls and trolls generally who pop out of the woodwork to rile people up.
MLID could be one of those.

But you take all the evidence and weigh it, so while i'm not dismissing his claims, some of his more specific claims like what nvidia is thinking sounds more like what one low level engineer who is his friend's uncle is thinking. He can't possibly know what Jensen or the Tegra chip team is actually thinking in between counting their money.
This basically.

Extremely excited for a new Doom game.

Black Ops 6 (+ Warzone) as Switch 2 launch title in next march would be very nice.
A functioning Fortnite and Apex legend at launch would also be nice.

Also EA are probably eyeing to port Apex and to re launch Apex, since it’s one of the most popular game in Japan right now.

Heck I’m also expecting Valorant to arrive on the Switch 2 and consoles, since the Japanese market is surprisingly huge.

Also EA are probably eyeing to port Apex and to re launch Apex, since it’s one of the most popular game in Japan right now.

Heck I’m also expecting Valorant to arrive on the Switch 2 and consoles, since the Japanese market is surprisingly huge.
Ew

As unlikely as I believe that is, even if it does happen I hope to god they don't allow for crossplay. That will spell death for the game.

Ew

As unlikely as I believe that is, even if it does happen I hope to god they don't allow for crossplay. That will spell death for the game.
like there’s been rumours surrounding Valorant coming to consoles this year.

But I’m expecting most live service or online game to arrive on the Switch 2 to arrive, because the hardware specs is there to make it happen this time around.

Like FF14, R6 , sea of thieves and most online shooters will arrive.

like there’s been rumours surrounding Valorant coming to consoles this year.

But I’m expecting most live service or online game to arrive on the Switch 2 to arrive, because the hardware specs is there to make it happen this time around.

Like FF14, R6 , sea of thieves and most online shooters will arrive.
I was unaware there was such a rumor. I did consider the possibility since they're also working on a mobile version (which will be it's own thing, fortunately), but I just don't like the idea of Valorant's Counter Strike-type shooting mechanics on a gamepad. Keyboard/Mouse is king in these type of games, so unless any console explicitly allows it I don't see it happening. I've seen the mobile version and it's just a CoDM clone with a Valorant skin.

Or if it does happen, well I hope there is no crossplay. The game will become a headshot simulator for PC players and die overnight. There's a reason why games like these are designed to be so light - it's so you can run it on a potato PC. I don't see why Riot needs to expand to the console market, the mobile version is Valorant only in name and features, but a very different game otherwise, so it doesn't count.

Can we ban MLiD as a source?

Or at least label it as a bad source.
Well, you can ban him from your head 😜

d9t9y85-5bcfff8e-35f8-46e0-b077-ecc534656551.png
com.pentawire.emun64xl-69203ff0-7088-497f-b45f-0add395fba08_512x512.png
icon.png
71CsJPn1arL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
61zKWhljrGL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

People remember the colors because of the SNES, but this will be the fifth Nintendo device with this color scheme (or third for the exact same colors on the same buttons)
I really want this. But, and I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, all of those consoles with colored buttons sold less than their predecessors.. 😓

I was unaware there was such a rumor. I did consider the possibility since they're also working on a mobile version (which will be it's own thing, fortunately), but I just don't like the idea of Valorant's Counter Strike-type shooting mechanics on a gamepad. Keyboard/Mouse is king in these type of games, so unless any console explicitly allows it I don't see it happening. I've seen the mobile version and it's just a CoDM clone with a Valorant skin.

Or if it does happen, well I hope there is no crossplay. The game will become a headshot simulator for PC players and die overnight. There's a reason why games like these are designed to be so light - it's so you can run it on a potato PC. I don't see why Riot needs to expand to the console market, the mobile version is Valorant only in name and features, but a very different game otherwise, so it doesn't count.
Understandable, also if it does arrive it’ll most likely be consoles only, with the exception of maybe playing with friends in cross play.

Also one thing that make Valorant on Switch 2, be fun, is if the Switch improves heavily on gyro and make is seamless like a mouse.

I really want this. But, and I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, all of those consoles with colored buttons sold less than their predecessors.. 😓
Interesting observation. But colored buttons couldn't possibly be the reason why.
Correlation != Causation.

There's a lot of talk of historical precedent, but I think that data simply isn't relevant here or at least not to the degree that we can predict whether Switch 2 will fail. This is a new Nintendo. They are doing a lot of things right and Switch 2 already looks promising from what we know, so lets ride the wave and see where it goes.

Last edited:

Yeah sure all multiplayer free to play titles should get a Switch 2 version that has current gen parity visual features. Rogue Company should get a re-launch lol.

It should greatly boost platforms popularity.

Yeah sure all multiplayer free to play titles should get a Switch 2 version that has current gen parity visual features.

It should greatly boost platforms popularity.
I don't know what Sony is feeding the developers but I wonder if Nintendo could even pull some games away from Gachastation 5

d9t9y85-5bcfff8e-35f8-46e0-b077-ecc534656551.png
com.pentawire.emun64xl-69203ff0-7088-497f-b45f-0add395fba08_512x512.png
icon.png
71CsJPn1arL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
61zKWhljrGL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

People remember the colors because of the SNES, but this will be the fifth Nintendo device with this color scheme (or third for the exact same colors on the same buttons)
NA version will get 50 2 shades of purple

This game bombed horribly and I doubt Microsoft puts in the effort to port it to Switch 2.
Metacritic says otherwise. Metascore of 81/100 from critics isn't bad.

First time Nintendo will get a cod port outside of Fall. Will be interesting if we get bo6 at launch.

Man is Activision running out of ideas though...

Last edited:
Yaknow, I wasn't expecting that after a half year break, I was actually jonesing for a fix of that ol' colored buttons talk. (but please, need some time to pass before the next hit :p)

-

Ah, Tom/MLID. Yea, the motherfucker's a clown/useful idiot who doesn't understand the subject matter and seemingly lacks humility. And if he was using forum posts as source material for his videos, wouldn't be the first time. Reliance on regularly producing material as a 'leaker'/rumor monger youtuber tends to be a red flag...
After all, we in this thread should know that this sort of information generally does not appear/get uncovered with a regular cadence. That is inherently incongruous with a career revolving around consistent 'production'.
Gotta vent, but I'll put this anecdote in spoilers for skippability:
So, the anecdote's about Meteor Lake. Earlier, I had linked to a die shot analysis. Note the date: nearly two years ago.

Remember that this motherfucker Tom was claiming for a while that Redwood Cove would have these double digit IPC gains. Through 2022 and into 2023. IIRC, it wasn't until not that far back, maybe latter half of 2023-ish, that he shifted to that song and dance of 'oh, the engineers were aiming for those big IPC gains I was referring to earlier, but things happened and they ended up having to pare it down'.

That is a load of bullshit.
We know from reviews after Meteor Lake's launch this year, that it's basically a die shrink. We also knew visually from the die shot analysis ~2 years ago that the cores were pocketing most of the transistor density gains from the change in nodes. So we knew ~2 years ago that Meteor Lake was highly likely to just be a die shrink + minor tweaks, which present day reviews demonstrate.
Now, you can say whatever about the skill level of the engineers working on architecture over at Intel. But if your final result looks like 'huh, mainly minor changes', it means that they went in with the plan being 'mainly minor changes/no major changes'. Significant IPC gains were never in the cards. It was always a die shrink from the start. Tom was/is full of shit.
Also, the lack of apologizing or at least acknowledging his old claims being wrong, and the second bullshit claim to cover for the first bullshit claim adds up to a lack of humility that I find off-putting.

If there was ever a time that this thread remotely seriously paid Tom any heed in the past 6 months, then I'm glad that I missed it. Otherwise I'd probably have had developed one of those cartoon style vein bulges.

I don't know what Sony is feeding the developers but I wonder if Nintendo could even pull some games away from Gachastation 5
Whoever dominate the Japanese market… than yes, also those gacha games will now have the option to port these games because the hardware limitations is now gone.

I think that's an interesting possibility... Definitely games like the next Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, 3D Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Splatoon, Zelda and Smash will skip Switch as those are system sellers.

I believe most cross gen games will be games that targeted Switch from the start but end up releasing after Switch 2 is out (the 2 games PH mentioned, DK(?), 2D Zelda(?), Zelda remasters(?), Metroid Prime 2/3(?). Think God of War Ragnarok as an example since that one is clearly a PS4 game that had resolution and frame rate enhancements for PS5.

But almost certainly there will be games targeting Switch 2(as in, started already aiming for more powerful hardware, like games that started development from 2022 onwards or that took awhile to make) that can benefit from having a Switch version. I'm talking about niche franchises - the next Astral Chain being made to look gorgeous and run greatly on Switch 2 with RT, 4K*, 60FPS, maybe Metroid 6 that started development after Dread either aiming for Switch 2 or shifted for it, maybe even Bayonetta 4.

They'd have the developers fully realizing their vision by aiming for Switch 2, while relying on an internal port studio to make down ports of those games for Switch - the catalogue will dry so they can be more likely to buy more niche stuff.

Anyways, congratulations @Brazil , your video was awesome!! And thanks for sharing your information!! We're just gonna crack our heads for months now trying to figure out which games are those 2 😅😅.

What GameCube games are left (not counting Wind Waker and Twilight Princess as GameCube titles).

Unless we're digging deep to StarFox Assault or F-Zero GX.
Metroid Prime 2 is the one we already have rumblings about. Imo it makes sense for Nintendo to have Prime Remastered as an appetizer, then go full on with 4(maybe even ditch the 4...) marketing and have both 2 and 3 having remasters as beautiful as MPR.

My guesses:
3DS:
  • Kid Icarus Uprising - the most likely imo since we had Sakurai hinting on it awhile ago and there's the Bandai Namco hirings;
  • Metroid Samus Returns - I thought that one would make sense as a shadow drop before Prime 4 but maybe they want that as a cross gen game before announcing Metroid 6?
  • Kirby Planet Robobot - sold pretty greatly and was well received, also a real late 3DS release;
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time HD(as in, a remaster with the effort of LM 2 HD of OoT 3D);
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: idk why they'd do this instead of a brand new 2D Zelda or even Oracle remakes. But well remastering a 3DS game takes way less time than fully remaking a GBC game from scratch or making an all new game.

Wild card:
  • Animal Crossing New Leaf - they use that as an appetizer for the next Animal Crossing game that will be exclusive for Switch 2 and come in 2026. They also sell millions of copies for the Switch audience that won't make the jump until the next AC comes. Kinda like NSMBU DX came out just 5 months before Maker 2 and we still got Wonder, but this time it'll be closer;
  • Tomodachi Life: BUT it's not a 3DS port. It's actually Tomodachi Life 2, an iterative sequel, that was taken by mistake as a port with more content (similar to how when people reported on a port of Smash Wii U and Mario Maker, and how everyone was sure what we saw at the Switch trailer was Splatoon Deluxe and not 2)

GameCube:
  • Star Fox Assault: Bandai Namco hiring calls make that one super likely... Plus Nintendo wants to give Star Fox another try, so a remakester like Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition that adds more content, fixes what's criticized, has a solid online and beautiful graphics(like MPR);
  • F-Zero GX: I believe people heard about it separately from F-Zero 99?
  • Metroid Prime 2: happening eventually;
  • Twilight Princess/Wind Waker: BUT they are all new remasters and not Twilight Princess HD or Wind Waker HD ports. I mean, reworking geometry and giving new lighting to Twilight Princess, I think WW HD looks amazing but idk maybe a New story;

Wild card:
ANIMAL CROSSING REMAKE: Well, you give Switch install base another Animal Crossing game, have it as a great enough looking game on 4k60 on Switch 2, and announce it's coming like spring or summer 2025 just before announcing the next Animal Crossing for 2026.

They have also stated that a future Tomodachi Life game would allow for gay relationships, and given their decision to make Vivian trans in the English version of the TTYD remake, I wouldn't be surprised if the reaction to that would make a revisit more likely. Personally, if I made the call, I would make it so that there's no option for orientation and that characters can and will just date whomever for the funny.
Please please!!!
Well, we have Fire Emblem games allowing gay marriage, Animal Crossing and Splatoon ditching gender for style and more.

I'm honestly surprised Tomodachi Life hasn't happened so far. It sold só greatly on the 3DS... Feels like a perfect late life Switch game. Maybe they finished the game and were targeting an ideal time to release it? Like Metroid Prime Remastered not releasing as soon as going gold because Dread was releasing, and not releasing in 2022 because the year was super crowded, and Fire Emblem Engage not releasing in 2022 because Three Hopes was already coming, and both games finding a place in early 2023. IIRC Wario games were sat on for a year too??
MLID's opinion changes all the time.

I don't think anything he says is even plausible. He just takes an information we know for a fact(that Drake SoC was finished in 2022) and assumes that everything was done by then and it could release that year.

I'd also point out that... Besides placeholder plans made like before Switch released or just earlier in its life, Switch 2 was never, ever, meant to be released in 2023. And Super Mario Bros Wonder kinda shows that imo.

At this point I ask myself if they wouldn't go desperate mode and contract Saber, Panic Button, Shiver or Iron Galaxy to make an impossible port for Switch, just to avoid "breaking" the promise that it'd come to Nintendo from this year onwards(I mean, if that was the term, idk)
Nate just confirmed the new Doom game will come to PS5. @NateDrake, do you know at all if there’s any chance in hell I can hope for this to come to Switch 2?

Personally I do think it’s pretty likely they late port this.
At this point I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just think like Warner and Ubisoft and think "well, out last game sold amazingly on the platform so we're gonna make a Switch port for it even without PS4/XBO versions".

I remember when I said that I expected Mortal Kombat 12 for Switch to maybe run on 30FPS, and I remember everyone was certain it'd skip Switch... Then it skips PS4 but gets a Switch version loool.

Well it was a disaster at launch but we already saw it with Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein II, they might give Panic Button the time they need to cook and release for Switch later.

But if it comes after Switch 2 is out then yeah, day and date.

Y'all think that new Doom game that leaked will be a Switch 1 game? Or will it only have a Switch 2 version? Apparently it's multiplat according to Nate. Would be impressive to see Panic do another port if it's Xbox Series and PS5 only.

Y'all think that new Doom game that leaked will be a Switch 1 game? Or will it only have a Switch 2 version? Apparently it's multiplat according to Nate. Would be impressive to see Panic do another port if it's Xbox Series and PS5 only.
Somehow NG Doom will skip PS4 and Xbox one, but will released for the Switch 1&2.

But I can definitely see NG doom arriving to Switch 2 and maybe run 1080/60 docked and with DLSS being 1440 or 4K since most doom games are phenomenally optimised.

Well, Mortal Kombat 11 did great on the Switch so they greenlit a Switch version of 1 even with it ditching PS4.

Doom did super well on Switch. I'm pretty sure that Eternal did great too(that one they were aiming for a day and date!! but delayed, thank got, avoiding a MK1 disaster).

I think a Switch port isn't out of question and would kinda explain why we're years without getting a Panic Button port. That or they are behind that Red Dead Redemption 2 port that Totillo mentioned and was rated in Brazil late last year. We've had Kingdom Come Deliverance and Biomutant announced ages ago and only releasing now. And Batman Arkham Trilogy was leaked years ago too.

Capcom just sold over 1 million copies of a Switch port of RE6 of all things. I don't think they need any more incentive to port whatever Resident Evil games they can to Switch 2.

God I hate when I just find out about the existence of stuff like this.

Are the cutscenes real time? They look REALLY damn good! But I know that some developers like the guys who did Hellblade, used prerendered cutscenes and almost seemlessly blended it in with a transition to gameplay. But if this is real time, then it's probably the most graphically impressive 3rd party game on switch. :O

given what happened with Hi-Fi Rush, I don't think we should expect anything new from MS/ABK/Bethesda to hit switch anymore

Does Nate even leak anything Nintendo anymore? Feels like he talks about Sony and Microsoft lately lol
I’m guessing he’s either waiting for the Switch 2 reveal to start leaking some stuff.

And he also mentioned he’ll make a dedicated podcast talking about the Switch 2 specs with maybe rich from digital foundry.

With that we might hear some more info surrounding the Dev-kit and it’s capabilities, since I wouldn’t be surprised if he already heard which Switch 2 ports are in development.

So, I use my Switch 95% of the time in portable mode. I don't have any complaints about the sound quality or volume level on my Switch OLED.

But, how do you think Nintendo could improve the speakers on the Switch 2?
The tablet itself is roughly 34% bigger in the x and y dimensions, most of which will probably be battery, imo. One additional way they could use the extra space is by having an M.2 SSD slot like in the new Surface tablet, though this is entirely my speculation with no real information to back it up.

Switch OLED actually has pretty good speakers, in that they're plenty loud. The only area it lacks in is the low frequencies - sometimes the audio can sound a little thin and harsh. Most they could probably do is either use larger drivers, or keep the OLEDs' drivers and use a third, larger driver for the bass. The former is more likely between the two, but I'd say they won't do anything to improve sound quality at all, and just keep things the way they are. They're already good enough for most use cases, and will help keep costs down.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom