• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

They didn't say this
They said "there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during that presentation", so it's theoretically possible they could show some incredibly impressive footage and say "Hmmm, I wonder what that is? I can't say!" and be true to their word, but seems pretty unlikely.
That goes for Switch 2 as well, in case it wasn't already clear. Switch 2 will inevitably sell much less than the original, but not enough to keep it away from hitting that 100M range no doubt.
Not even PS5 is selling much less than PS4, and Switch is doing much better in its old age than PS4. It is far from clear that Switch 2 will inevitably sell much less.

They said "there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during that presentation", so it's theoretically possible they could show some incredibly impressive footage and say "Hmmm, I wonder what that is? I can't say!" and be true to their word, but seems pretty unlikely.

Not even PS5 is selling much less than PS4, and Switch is doing much better in its old age than PS4. It is far from clear that Switch 2 will inevitably sell much less.
Well, I'm speaking from Nintendo's historical precedent with that. Their "next gen" same brand system has always sold much less, whether they fucked it up themselves or simply demand. This is not comparable to PS consoles tbh, they've never exhibited the same drastic gen-on-gen declines like Nintendo usually does... Until the Switch broke that pattern, of course.

Well, I'm speaking from Nintendo's historical precedent with that. Their "next gen" same brand system has always sold much less, whether they fucked it up themselves or simply demand. This is not comparable to PS consoles tbh, they've never exhibited the same drastic gen-on-gen declines like Nintendo usually does... Until the Switch broke that pattern, of course.
Switch 2 selling less than Switch 1 (let's assume a steeper drop off than PS4 to PS5 due to lack of covid boost) should not impact 3rd party support if Nintendo is still moving 15+ million hardware a year of a piece of hardware that 3rd party devs can port their games to with much less effort than Switch 1.

I currently have no reason to believe they can't hit that and only selling 15 million a year would be way better than Xbox Series but still a drop off from Switch.

This discussion tangent started with dooming about Series S being discontinued depriving Switch 2 of a coplatform for ports(it probably won't be in next 3 years) and Switch 2 being oddly too weak to port current gen games to (scratches head in confusion) now we are on to talking about sales . I guess it's a slow news day

Last edited:
I sense a iPhone 4 moment for Switch 2. This is a clear improvement to a revolutionary product. Sales could double to triple its predecessor and basically set new ground for the type of product it is (that was smartphones). The ceiling for consoles should no longer be 155 million +. It should be 300 million +.

Idk just a hunch. Something has to go terribly wrong for this to tank.

Last edited:
Switch 2 selling less than Switch 1 (let's assume a steeper drop off than PS4 to PS5 due to lack of covid boost) should not impact 3rd party support if Nintendo is still moving 15+ million hardware a year of a piece of hardware that 3rd party devs can port their games to with much less effort than Switch 1.

I currently have no reason to believe they can't hit that and only selling 15 million a year would be way better than Xbox Series but still a drop off from Switch.

This discussion tangent started with dooming about Series S being discontinued (it probably won't be in next 3 yeara) and Switch 2 being oddly too weak to port games to (scratches head in confusion) now we are on to talking about sales . I guess it's a slow news day
It definitely won't, that's for sure. It's just that I'm seeing way too many people claiming the console market isn't growing and making an exception for Nintendo when they're historically the worst example of that... If anything, they have shrunk every single time as long as following up a brand goes, not just "stagnated". I wouldn't make too many assumptions with Xbox consoles these days, the management has proven anything can happen at this point... Switch 2 will be weaker for sure, but not to the point of making existing Series S work useless, no idea what's that about.

I think the XSS's position in the marketplace is somewhat misunderstood. It's not "helping" Nintendo, it's the other way around. Switch 2 is about to be the best thing that happened to Microsoft.

Xbox Series S isn't defining the minimum hardware spec for third parties. If it was, then we'd expect Playstation 5 exclusive games to be visually dominating third parties, as they wouldn't be "held back.”

If it was, we’d see “mid-gen” games - games whose development cycle started after the last cross-gen period and ended before the next one - targeting the Series S. They’re not. If they’re pushing next gen experiences, it’s PS5. If they’re going for broader sales, they’re including the Switch.

Game ports are about ROI. The bigger the install base, the higher the potential return. The more powerful and standard the hardware, the lower the investment.

Even if Sony and MS sold the same number of pieces of hardware this generation, even if the games sell just as well, the ROI is worse this generation. Games cost more to make, which not only makes investment higher, but keeps games from being released as often, which lowers return.

This process has been going on for years and already benefits Nintendo. Even if Nintendo “only” does 3DS numbers next gen, that will be a mighty appealing install base. As for performance, I think alignment with the dominant PC vendor is a bigger book to Nintendo than matching this generation’s 3rd place finisher in power.

But Nintendo is about to offer Microsoft another place to sell all their expensive first party games, without having to give a penny to Sony. And if Switch 2 is successful it will extend the life of the bottom end of this console generation, which benefits the S more than the S benefits it.

I sense a iPhone 3GS/4 moment for Switch 2. This is a clear improvement to a revolutionary product. Sales could double to triple its predecessor and basically set new ground for the type of product it is (that was smartphones). The ceiling for consoles should no longer be 155 million +. It should be 300 million +.

Idk just a hunch.
I'm so so curious to see how a Switch product does on the market that can run most if not all 3rd party games to some level of parity and combining that with the 1st party and momentum and see how the sales go...

It definitely won't, that's for sure. It's just that I'm seeing way too many people claiming the console market isn't growing and making an exception for Nintendo when they're historically the worst example of that... If anything, they have shrunk every single time as long as following up a brand goes, not just "stagnated". I wouldn't make too many assumptions with Xbox consoles these days, the management has proven anything can happen at this point... Switch 2 will be weaker for sure, but not to the point of making existing Series S work useless, no idea what's that about.
It isn't growing now and may well extend into next year and the year after

But we just came off insane boom times during covid and I'm not a fan of extrapolating linearly into the future, because if we were talking about console sales a few years ago and extrapolated it to the future, PS5 was on track to doing bigger Ltd than PS4 easily, now, it mostly likely will struggle to keep pace and fall further behind each year

It isn't growing now and may well extend into next year and the year after

But we just came off insane boom times during covid and I'm not a fan of extrapolating linearly into the future, because if we were talking about console sales a few years ago and extrapolated it to the future, PS5 was on track to doing bigger Ltd than PS4 easily, now, it mostly likely will struggle to keep pace and fall further behind each year
That's what I mean, it isn't growing altogether which includes Nintendo platforms, not like that's an issue anyway because profit margins can be improved and adjusted as needed (especially those profit margins). Covid indeed, it makes you wonder how much of an effect that really had for spending... I have a feeling we'll find out through the numbers soon.

The challenge they will have this gen, which is a big one is no COVID boost. No doubt that buoyed the Switch signficantly. For us that might be a positive though because they're probably almost definitely going to have to release a Switch 2 Pro to maintain even a reasonable pace with the Switch 1. You can't manufacture a COVID surge so you have to do something else.

Having said that one advantage that I don't think people fully understand because they're only fixated on hardware, specs, and even games is the movie division I think is going to have an epic impact on Nintendo as a company.

That Zelda movie I think is going to be big, the director is actually good and cares about the IP. The Mario Bros. 2 movie will be a huge event. If they build up to a Smash CG movie ... look out. There's "popular" and then there's "blockbuster movie popular", when you are "blockbuster movie popular" it completely changes your brand. See: Marvel MCU, see Batman 1989, see Barbie this past summer, etc. etc.

Movies are going to drive the popularity of Nintendo's characters in a way that I think some people are not really factoring in. Think of what Iron Man and Captain America and Thor are today versus the B/C tier 20 years ago.

Agree that Switch 2 will help Series S and Series S will help Switch 2, but in terms of sales PS5 is doing very well, about same as PS4 in same timeframe Sony today official stated that they are very happy, Xbox is doing about same as Xbox One, GTA VI will do big boost for consoles and even Strauss Zelnick CEO of T2 stated that official

Last edited:
Oldpuck,do we can have idea where will be a78c with clocks on 2.0-2.5ghz and with low latency ram compared to Zen2 in Gen9 consoles?

Well, I'm speaking from Nintendo's historical precedent with that. Their "next gen" same brand system has always sold much less, whether they fucked it up themselves or simply demand.
This is an interesting point but I can't say I really agree.
Nintendo has had a few sequel systems, primarily the SNES, GBA, Wii U, and 3ds. The latter two can be easily explained, but the GBA's lifecycle was clearly cut off early thanks to the DS so i don't think it's really fair to compare it to the OG gameboy in terms of sales. That leaves the SNES, which is probably the most interesting case. I don't think the SNES underperformed by a long shot, but there was a good reason why it didn't perform as well, that being the Sega Genesis releasing a bit before the SNES. The more split focus between two good and competitive system drained sales a bit. Even systems like the N64 and GC can be blamed on the circumstances surrounding their launch.

That said, I do want to mention the sheer existence of supply and demand here. Nintendo is likely going to have to sell the Switch 2 at a higher price, and that directly results in the supply curve likely slipping to the left. There will be less sales on this system by default unless Nintendo can drastically increase demand, which is much harder as a result of the Switch 1 already existing and being "enough" for a lot of owners of systems. It's quite up in the air honestly.

“We screwed up this time. Switch 2 is too expensive! What should we do?”
“Pull yourself together. Let’s just keep supporting Switch 1.”
“Our developers will skin me if I tell them just now to make NG games cross-gen!”
“Time for some lateral thinking … what if we down port them?” [opening checkbook]
O5Gf11G.jpeg

Gee @Brazil, that was only a joke. /s I agree with you.

The reason they were acquired is to port third-party games to Switch 2 in the future. Depending on how long Nintendo wants to keep supporting the Switch, they may also port those same games there too. But that's not "why" they were bought.

I don't know why people are overthinking this acquisition so much.

The challenge they will have this gen, which is a big one is no COVID boost. No doubt that buoyed the Switch signficantly. For us that might be a positive though because they're probably almost definitely going to have to release a Switch 2 Pro to maintain even a reasonable pace with the Switch 1. You can't manufacture a COVID surge so you have to do something else.

Having said that one advantage that I don't think people fully understand because they're only fixated on hardware, specs, and even games is the movie division I think is going to have an epic impact on Nintendo as a company.

That Zelda movie I think is going to be big, the director is actually good and cares about the IP. The Mario Bros. 2 movie will be a huge event. If they build up to a Smash CG movie ... look out. There's "popular" and then there's "blockbuster movie popular", when you are "blockbuster movie popular" it completely changes your brand. See: Marvel MCU, see Batman 1989, see Barbie this past summer, etc. etc.

Movies are going to drive the popularity of Nintendo's characters in a way that I think some people are not really factoring in. Think of what Iron Man and Captain America and Thor are today versus the B/C tier 20 years ago.
I like to imagine, when Nintendo movies are released they’ll heavily market the Switch 2 in ads.

Similar to Totk.

The reason they were acquired is to port third-party games to Switch 2 in the future. Depending on how long Nintendo wants to keep supporting the Switch, they may also port those same games there too. But that's not "why" they were bought.

I don't know why people are overthinking this acquisition so much.
I agree. Assuming Brazil is right and that there are Switch 1 games launching after April 2025 by Shiver those PORTING contracts are likely signed and the games in development and would likely have been finished for Switch 1 regardless. Maybe there was a risk they could have gone bankrupt with embracers troubles that precipitated the buyout but that's speculation on my part.

It seems like a matter of time frame and perspectives. I mean if you think about it, BrazilPH would not know of these games if they weren't already planned or in development for Switch 1. And Shiver would have to be onboard for it before the acquisition was announced, so the claim they were bought for Switch 1 ports because of known Switch 1 ports is a bit circular

The longer term reason they were bought is for Switch 2

Well, I'm speaking from Nintendo's historical precedent with that. Their "next gen" same brand system has always sold much less, whether they fucked it up themselves or simply demand.
I'm positive this has come up before, but it's not a law of nature. The market kept getting bigger, but they also kept having more notable competition leaving them a smaller share. From Switch generation to the next there's no new Genesis or PlayStation or Xbox in sight. If anything the opposite, with Xbox hardware becoming less of a going concern. In the last three generation shifts where there was no major post-Microsoft addition, two times out of three Nintendo bested their previous home console high by 40 million.

I think things will go one of two ways. 1) Better than original Switch. 2) They screw the pooch in some Wii U or 3DS way and it's not even remotely close.

are they really going to be releasing it to Switch 1 this late in Switch 1's lifecycle?

I guess they might do that if they think it is wise to leverage on a console with 140 million units sold instead of Switch 2 (unknown)
Imo, it's better to push it on Switch 2 and showcase what its capable of.

Nintendo already said what Shiver will be doing. if there are still Switch ports, it's because publishers paid for them to be made. Nintendo ain't doing shit

I'm positive this has come up before, but it's not a law of nature. The market kept getting bigger, but they also kept having more notable competition leaving them a smaller share. From Switch generation to the next there's no new Genesis or PlayStation or Xbox in sight. If anything the opposite, with Xbox hardware becoming less of a going concern. In the last three generation shifts where there was no major post-Microsoft addition, two times out of three Nintendo bested their previous home console high by 40 million.

I think things will go one of two ways. 1) Better than original Switch. 2) They screw the pooch in some Wii U or 3DS way and it's not even remotely close.
I'd be sincerely shocked if it sold any better, but one thing for sure is that for the later to happen we'll need a monumental fuckup. A significantly higher price alone won't do it... I don't think so.

I think the XSS's position in the marketplace is somewhat misunderstood. It's not "helping" Nintendo, it's the other way around. Switch 2 is about to be the best thing that happened to Microsoft.

Xbox Series S isn't defining the minimum hardware spec for third parties. If it was, then we'd expect Playstation 5 exclusive games to be visually dominating third parties, as they wouldn't be "held back.”

If it was, we’d see “mid-gen” games - games whose development cycle started after the last cross-gen period and ended before the next one - targeting the Series S. They’re not. If they’re pushing next gen experiences, it’s PS5. If they’re going for broader sales, they’re including the Switch.

Game ports are about ROI. The bigger the install base, the higher the potential return. The more powerful and standard the hardware, the lower the investment.

Even if Sony and MS sold the same number of pieces of hardware this generation, even if the games sell just as well, the ROI is worse this generation. Games cost more to make, which not only makes investment higher, but keeps games from being released as often, which lowers return.

This process has been going on for years and already benefits Nintendo. Even if Nintendo “only” does 3DS numbers next gen, that will be a mighty appealing install base. As for performance, I think alignment with the dominant PC vendor is a bigger book to Nintendo than matching this generation’s 3rd place finisher in power.

But Nintendo is about to offer Microsoft another place to sell all their expensive first party games, without having to give a penny to Sony. And if Switch 2 is successful it will extend the life of the bottom end of this console generation, which benefits the S more than the S benefits it.
I personally think the Switch 2 will kill the Series S.

PS and Xbox together this generation will have a smaller combined user base than they had previous gen. Meaning that current gen will have more expensive development cost of games and will have a smaller user base than previous gen. That will be the case if studios and publishers do not port their games to Switch 2. If on the other hand they port their AAA games to Switch 2 the combined user base this generation will be higher for AAA games than previous generation, because the Switch was a non entity for those AAA games by and large.

That should show how important Switch 2 will be. Without Switch 2 the AAA publishers will have to make do with selling more costly games to a smaller user base than previous generation.

As excitable as I am, Animal Crossing New Horizons had 5K screenshots used for marketing purposes, and obviously nothing has come of that. So even if this code is functional, it could well be for, well, that.
5K screenshots? it was not 4K screenshots? i recall everyone going crazy, this mean Switch Pro would release with Animal Crossing New Horizon

When you think about it, everyone who ownes a switch is a potential switch 2 buyer, imagine theres a new 3d mario, a new mario kart and metroid prime 4, maybe some 4k patches for golden games at launch available and you see an epic trailer of the new console in your cinema, where they told everyone you can play your old switch games with better graphics, games from a time where some people where young or met their wive, or they started building a family, played with their kids etc. For me at least, this would shake the fabric of the universe and set an instant hype, i met my wife 2017 and we both loved nintendo 😄👌🏻 Just wanted to point out, if nintendo does the launch well and deliver games steadily, which i think they will, the hogwarts studio purchase is a good indicator, switch 2 sucess would be definitely possible.

(Sry for bad english btw, this is not my native language)

Last edited:
When you think about it, everyone who ownes a switch is a potential switch 2 buyer, imagine theres a new 3d mario, a new mario kart and metroid prime 4, maybe some 4k patches for golden games at launch available and you see an epic trailer of the new console in your cinema, where they told everyone you can play your old switch games with better graphics, games from a time where some people where young or met their wive, or they started building a family, played with their kids etc. For me at least, this would shake the fabric of the universe and set an instant hype, i met my wife 2017 and we both loved nintendo 😄👌🏻 Just wanted to point out, if nintendo does the launch well and deliver games steadily, which i think they will, the hogwarts studio purchase is a good indicator, switch 2 sucess would be definitly possible.

(Sry for bad english btw, this is not my native language)

Bruv there won't be Mario Kart, 3D Mario and MP4 at launch

It's time to be realistic and keep expectations in check, we would be very lucky to have both MP4 and Mario Kart at launch or in the first 3 months

PS and Xbox together this generation will have a smaller combined user base than they had previous gen. Meaning that current gen will have more expensive development cost of games and will have a smaller user base than previous gen. That will be the case if studios and publishers do not port their games to Switch 2. If on the other hand they port their AAA games to Switch 2 the combined user base this generation will be higher for AAA games than previous generation, because the Switch was a non entity for those AAA games by and large.

That should show how important Switch 2 will be. Without Switch 2 the AAA publishers will have to make do with selling more costly games to a smaller user base than previous generation.
PS5 selling almost same as PS4 in same timeframe, Sony is official very happy, Xbox sells about same as durning Xbox One Gen,but im sure Switch 2 will have 3P AAA Support as Gen9

@Brazil also says in his video that one port for Switch comes from a 3DS game and another one from GameCube — both slated for the next FY and (of course) compatible with Switch 2 via BC
I will take a bet that just as Kirby's Epic Yarn appeared on the 3DS in its last year, it will also come to Switch in '25 as the next annual Kirby game, either that or Kirby Planet Robobot.

It's time to be realistic and keep expectations in check, we would be very lucky to have both MP4 and Mario Kart at launch or in the first 3 months
They for sure will have strong lineup for lanuch, at least one strong game

You don't know that, in fact no one knows anything yet, so I don't know why you feel the need to police other peoples hopes and expectations.

I'm not sure how much I vibe with the idea of Shiver porting Nintendo's own first-party Switch 2 titles down to Switch 1. The benefit is obvious, don't get me wrong. The main development teams wouldn't have to waste their own time trying to scale down and optimize a version of the game for older hardware, which in turn means they can start work on their next big projects quicker. But Nintendo does still want to upsell people on the Switch 2, and downporting Switch 2 titles defeats the purpose of that by delaying possible sales. Plus, in addition to whatever final Switch projects they'll publish from studios like HAL, IntSys, and Game Freak in 2025 and even 2026, there will still be a few smaller third parties and indies putting out Switch games to take advantage of the massive install base. To say nothing of existing evergreens that will just continue to sell. Nintendo doesn't really need Shiver to help make sure that the Switch continues to have value as a budget system for the next two years or so.

Not really against the idea that Nintendo will use Shiver in this manner, since they absolutely could, but I am skeptical.

Did people suddenly think they were not going to put out any Switch 1 games anymore?

It doesn't make sense, it looks like people think Nintendo will be able to flip 150m users from Switch 1 to Switch 2 in a month or so lol.

Of course the Switch 1 will continue to live and receive games till 2027 at least, Nintendo themselves said the product lifecycle of the Switch 1 would be 10 years, they have always been very transparent with their intent.

You don't know that, in fact no one knows anything yet, so I don't know why you feel the need to police other peoples hopes and expectations.

I'm not policing, I'm expressing my opinion.

And yes I know that Nintendo is the best video game company in the world and that's not how they operate. They won't throw all the sauce at launch, it doesn't make sense, it must be a gradual transition from Switch 1 to Switch 2 to make sense business wise.

So where do you think it would put a78c clocked at 2.0-2.5ghz?
Well, Oldpuck's provided what's probably the best/most objective answer that we'd have access to. But since I was also asked, I might as well offer my subjective response. If nothing else, maybe my particular phrasing would be interesting?

In broad strokes, I'll word it this way:
Given an X amount of work to do, if the PS5's CPU can execute it within 1/60th of a second (ie ~16.67 milliseconds, or ~16.67 million nanoseconds), then I'm fairly confident that 8 A78C at 2 ghz can execute it within 1/30th of a second (ie ~33.3 milliseconds, or ~33.3 million nanoseconds).

For 2.5 ghz, change fairly confident to very confident.

The sales split is an echo of last generation, and Xbox One got pretty much all the third party support it could ask for. We also have to keep in mind that sales of games on PS5 consistently underperform. The whole console market is kind of in the shitter, and while that might make you think "Oh just drop Xbox", game budgets being what they are, cross console porting being so much easier than they used to be, you kind of need your game on every platform that can run it.
Phil was right. The accounts made a difference. Everyone had their accounts with their library attached to that ecosystem and all their friend were playing. This is why Microsoft was pushing so hard for crossplay last gen and Sony pushing so hard for limited to no cross-gen games.

It is so funny, I had someone told me that Microsoft did all this. The series S, crossplay, third party publishing, just to help Nintendo get more games to fight Sony. That would be a wild theory if true.
Because even if they didn't had the intention.... it is kinda true. Call of duty a requirement. Nintendo is near the minimum requirements for AAA games, Xbox first party games, cross-play. Microsoft pretty much gave Nintendo the boost they need.

Also, Square too, they neglected Japan when it comes to FF.

I'm not policing, I'm expressing my opinion.

And yes I know that Nintendo is the best video game company in the world and that's not how they operate. They won't throw all the sauce at launch, it doesn't make sense, it must be a gradual transition from Switch 1 to Switch 2 to make sense business wise.
You absolutely were policing - "It's time to be realistic and keep expectations in check"

I don't even understand why you felt the need to respond to SR in that way anyway.

You absolutely were policing - "It's time to be realistic and keep expectations in check"

I don't even understand why you felt the need to respond to SR in that way anyway.

I said I wasn't policing.

In which way exactly ? Reminding people to be realistic with expectations to not be disappointed when the line up is revealed is friendly advice, not policing or whatever you're implying, and if he had a problem with what I said he would have answered to me directly. Thank you for your intervention though even though it derailed the thread.

Yeah, Microsoft is shitting the bed vis-a-vis corporate management but Xbox is... Profitable. Some of their games, like Forza Horizon, have tens of millions of players - with something like half the playerbase on console. The Xbox ecosystem needs the Xbox console for a whole host of reasons. Without it it's not clear where Game Pass subscriptions would be when total subscriptions are near the 40M mark and PC subscriptions are in the 10-15M range.

The Series S has been Xbox's only source of userbase growth in years, Series X mainly sells to people who already had Xbox One. That growth in new users has led to sustained Xbox profitability by making up for the growing loss of the hardcore crowd.

Why would Microsoft cut off their own legs? Why would they allow a third party to do so by launching a Series X exclusive?

PS5 is not exactly outselling PS4, launch aligned. The console market isn't growing. The PC market of "gaming capable PCs" is in the ~100M range at best.

The Switch successor is one of the only ways that new users and revenue streams can realistically be opened for AAA developers, so why wouldn't they bring as many as they can to it?
to be clear it's apparently only profitable atm due to Activision games...which feels more like a techicality at this point

keep an open mind, you can have your 'dream line up' at launch (day) but i've seen those quickly become ossified into expectations and become the 'litmus test' on how much the actual launch measured up.

Look at the Switch launch and translate that over to the Switch 2, without Zelda, but with more third parties and probably a Mario game instead. MP4 will be a nice bonus.

Edit: i think Nintendo will focus on having games coming out every month of the every year of Switch 2's lifespan with special focus on the launch year to avoid the uneven droughts and congestion of releases with Wii U/3DS where a bunch of 3rd party titles all come out on the same day and bombs horribly while people then wait for months without another release after that. The type of games they feature will probably also be different. Less very late ports of existing games on the 3rd party side, and more frontload releases for Nintendo, but i doubt they;ll have more than one major Nintendo IP launching per month.

Last edited:
It is so funny, I had someone told me that Microsoft did all this. The series S, crossplay, third party publishing, just to help Nintendo get more games to fight Sony. That would be a wild theory if true.
Because even if they didn't had the intention.... it is kinda true
Phil Spencer is a suit. He's also genuinely a gamer, and MS owns both Xbox, a closed platform, and PC, the biggest and most open one.

I think Spencer's commitment to "you should be able to just play your games anywhere" is real. And I think, as a gamer, he loves Nintendo, and as a suit he doesn't see a way to love a company that isn't Adding Your Distinctiveness To Our Own.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom