• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

Just because he has lived in China for 17 years does not mean he is 17 years old
It's irrelevant, looking through this guy's past tweets you can see that he quotes a lot of Chinese internet articles about AMD and Nvidia, and I'm Chinese you can trust me, it's basically Fake news all over the place.

Someone already asked him.

Given we know that Drake is a custom product done for Nintendo (aka more expensive than off-the-shelf), and everything else from the leaks, rumors and speculation ... this statement doesn't make any sense.

Someone already asked him.

giphy.gif

If I were to play devil's advocate, I was fully expecting the Switch 2 to drop late 2023 to mid 2024. The current Switch has long exceed the phrase "got a little long in the tooth" and is no longer a wonder port machine like 2 years ago. Hogwarts Legacy, for example, looks so bad that I'd rather play a PS3 game instead.

For something that was supposed to have been out already, Samsung 8nm made a ton of sense before the Nvidia leak. Ever since we knew 1536 shader cores is a thing, any and all arguments for SEC8N got thrown out the window.

If I were to play devil's advocate, I was fully expecting the Switch 2 to drop late 2023 to mid 2024. The current Switch has long exceed the phrase "got a little long in the tooth" and is no longer a wonder port machine like 2 years ago. XYZ, for example, looks so bad that I'd rather play a PS3 game instead.

For something that was supposed to have been out already, Samsung 8nm made a ton of sense before the Nvidia leak. Ever since we knew 1536 shader cores is a thing, any and all arguments for SEC8N got thrown out the window.

Don't mention that game.

If I were to play devil's advocate, I was fully expecting the Switch 2 to drop late 2023 to mid 2024. The current Switch has long exceed the phrase "got a little long in the tooth" and is no longer a wonder port machine like 2 years ago. Hogwarts Legacy, for example, looks so bad that I'd rather play a PS3 game instead.

Beware that Famiboards has very thin skin and you could be banned for naming the unmentionable game.

Don’t mention mid…

Switch was on a very poor node, the TSMC 20nm, which had leaking issues. We documented it on the old old site, The Nvidia Shield TV would try to run the CPU at 1.9GHz and the GPU at 998MHz, but would throttle whenever both were in medium usage range, the CPU clock would drop to 1.4GHz and the GPU would drop to 921MHz, if both usage was at 100% the clocks would drop even more. Nintendo should have went with a 16nm node, but the chip was designed and manufactured at 20nm, we see with Mariko, just 2 years into the Switch's life, how drastic the power usage dropped.

Switch 2 isn't in this situation though, it's a custom chip, made specifically for Switch 2, and thus, it's size and power consumption will align with the design of the chip, there is no reason to make the chip as big as it is, if you clock it TOO low, because a smaller chip with higher clocks would perform the same and be cheaper. Switch 2's specs are known, and the clocks are obviously in a range where a cheaper chip couldn't do the same job. That is what we know, and with that knowledge, I can confidently say that even on minimum specs for the size of this chip to make sense, it will be far closer to the PS5 than the Switch was to the PS4.
I love reading your posts. You always have a way to present information and optimistic theories that sound feasible and the most plausible outcome. It’s conforting because sometimes the optimistic takes sound a bit crazy, but you’re always so reasonable and clear. I’ve been reading your posts for years already and you’re one of my favourite members of the community.

Frame Generation is actually really cheap tech to include in a system, you could easily include it quick and easy for only $1 as well. Just trust me
Are you serious? The frame generation technology is exclusive to the Ada architecture, and if the T239 needs to be upgraded from Amp to Ada it will cost a lot more than a dollar.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom