• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

Seeing all these mock ups just make me realize that the new joycons are going to have to be shaped different. Maybe not PS Portal different, but if Nintendo wants this to be visually distinctive from Switch 1 and its myriad of color schemes, screen size alone won’t do it, unless… maybe with almost no bezels it’ll be distinct enough… but screen size and therefore console size can always get lost in how it’s portrayed. This thing is going to need a distinctive shape, aka distinctive joycons.
The Steam Deck gently rolls the buttons around the curved edge of the case. It got me thinking about a curved - angled? - Joy-Con. I'm not sure I can describe it well or have the skills to mock it up. Maybe I've got some Play Doh somewhere?

Okay I got inspired by all the mock-ups being posted so I decided to do my version.

I wasn't aware of the NG joy-con dimensions posted on the last page so I tried to see how an almost 8" screen would look like on a Switch 2 that was only a slight increase in size from the current versions.

Adding a thin bezel and by increasing only the height of the current joy-cons, I got this result.

Eg7y5WM.png

In this mock-up the NG / Switch 2 would only be 0.32" taller and 013." wider. I would love if this turned out to be the case.

Last edited:
Okay I got inspired by all the mock-ups being posted so I decided to do my version.

I wasn't aware of the NG joy-con dimensions posted on the last page so I tried to see how an almost 8" screen would look like on a Switch 2 that was only a slight increase in size from the current versions.

Adding a thin bezel and by increasing only the height of the current joy-cons, I got this result.

lL4dmtp.png

In this mock-up the NG / Switch 2 would only be 0.32" taller and 013." wider. I would love if this turned out to be the case.
Had to pick Wind Waker
Now I want this. Looks sweet with the coloured buttons

Bonus points for y'all making the colored buttons the right orientation for sideways multiplayer

lL4dmtp.png

I don't know about anyone else but the lack of the bezel can make a LCD screen "feel" better than an OLED screen with a bezel. That mock up is just straight gorgeous.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Thanks for these!! Here's a version based on some leaked dimensions of the possible NG Joy-Cons:

Scaled everything up and made sure the screen was essentially 8"

This might be the most realistic outcome, as much as I would love ultra-thin bezels. Maybe a future OLED version will push the screen size within the new body to give use that thin-bezel look. Even then I still think this looks pretty good. It doesn't look TOO drastic of a size increase, only an inch wider and 1/2 inch taller.

14e7Fgx.png

This is gorgeous, and still smaller than the Steam Deck hehe. I'm coming around to these full colored buttons on dark joy cons. I think this and @mjayer's mockups have painted a good picture of what to expect. Seeing a 3D Mario running at 1080p 60 on this device will feel surreal.

Also the rainbow home button is such a nice slick touch.

image.png

Thought: What if Nintendo keeps the form-factor of the joycons the same by kind of mirroring the notches on the system? This isn't perfect, they could tweak the size so that the joycons are at the center of the system, but it's certainly something they could do to keep the joycons centered vertically.

Bonus points for y'all making the colored buttons the right orientation for sideways multiplayer

I wonder, what if the buttons were actually clear and different colours would be achieved by backlight? That would allow for dynamic change of colours with different orientations and consistent layout in games. Probably it could be implemented for some gameplay hints or something.

image.png

Thought: What if Nintendo keeps the form-factor of the joycons the same by kind of mirroring the notches on the system? This isn't perfect, they could tweak the size so that the joycons are at the center of the system, but it's certainly something they could do to keep the joycons centered vertically.
Yeah. I suspect Nintendo will try their best to make Switch 1 joycons compatible with Switch 2. The "rails" (the part you slide on/off) will be compatible with both Switch 1 and Switch 2 joycons. But Switch 2 joycons are slightly longer.

It's also possible there'll be "connector" accessory that you can use between Switch 1 joycon and Switch 2 body (think like a very flat trapezoid) so things kind of flow together a bit better.

are these tiny bezel mockups even possible, let alone probable?

It seems like some are possible. As for probable - at 8” they almost feel necessary. The ROG Ally isn’t really what I’d call a very accessible or approachable size. Comfort aside, it’s a monster. The Deck is also a monster.

I’m not sure how they’re going to pull it off but it needs to feel a lot tidier than those devices.

Yeah. I suspect Nintendo will try their best to make Switch 1 joycons compatible with Switch 2. The "rails" (the part you slide on/off) will be compatible with both Switch 1 and Switch 2 joycons. But Switch 2 joycons are slightly longer.

It's also possible there'll be "connector" accessory that you can use between Switch 1 joycon and Switch 2 body (think like a very flat trapezoid) so things kind of flow together a bit better.
As I've expressed many a time, I fully expect them to be able to connect, sync and charge, but not work in handheld mode due to the increased size and weight putting excess strain on them.

LG has engineered sub-2mm LCD bezels before, so, yeah, if Nintendo wants them. Probable? I think thin is probable, ultra thin less so. I think they'll be willing to have ~9mm bezels on all sides for symmetry and "make up" for the increased size by providing it with bigger, more comfortable controllers. (Not too much bigger, it's still a portable, but a little wider and taller to suit the new device and a grip on the back of each.)

As I've expressed many a time, I fully expect them to be able to connect, sync and charge, but not work in handheld mode due to the increased size and weight putting excess strain on them.
Yeah you did. You don't think a connector accessory can help? Or nah, still too much torque on "weak points" still?

Yeah you did. You don't think a connector accessory can help? Or nah, still too much torque on "weak points" still?
Well at that point you'd be looking at a whole grip accessory to spread the load, no? 8" of glass and metal vs. 2mm of Joy-Con latch sounds like a recipe for disaster. An adapter on the rails could theoretical spread the load of the device across the whole length of the old Joy-Con Rail, but this was already a weak spot unto itself with the strain on the rail causing disconnections after extended periods of time. Furthermore an adapter for the older Joy-Con would negate the size advantage presented by allowing older Joy-Con. Dangerous to the integrity of the Joy-Con and likely not optimised for the changed ergonomics of the new device, I just can't see a world where Joy-Con simply "carry on" entirely compatible in handheld mode rather than being a wireless only, attach-to-charge cheap option for multiplayer.

If I'm wrong I'll be... Somewhat glad, yay, my old Joy-Con still work, but shouldn't I want to use the new controllers?

Even from a branding perspective, the reason Apple forces you to flip the Magic Mouse to charge it is so it's never seen or pictured with a wire running out of it while in use. Inconvenient, yes, but it's about that image, so that it is always seen fully wireless when in use. I think a similar idea is at play here, Nintendo would much prefer to see players and media outlets show the world their new system with their new, well-suited controllers than with awkward Tic-Tacs stuck on either side. (Not to besmirch the old Joy-Con too much, but on a larger device they will definitely look worse in handheld mode than new controllers specially designed to suit the new size.)

I find the current switch is already too heavy for joycons. After light use my OLED's joycons got wiggly in the rails. I don't think size would be the problem in terms of being able to hold up the system, it's just what material they would use. Obviously something longer would be able to distribute the force over more area so they could use cheaper materials, but if they're using the same form factor they could just put metal in the joycons themselves to connect to the rails.

Yeah.

Nintendo head #1: "TSMC 4N, cheaper in bulk, or SEC8N, more expensive node process?

Nintendo head #2: "Well, if we do the more expensive SEC8N, that means bigger body, we cannot fit 7" screen in there anymore. We'd have to go with 8" screens instead. It's cost us even more"

Nintendo head #3: "Sounds like we are all agreed then. We'll do the more expensive SEC8N node process, which forces us to go with more expensive screens as well"

But at the same time we're also rapidly approaching the point of diminishing returns for marketing a bigger screen - one doesn't want a handheld with TOO BIG of a screen.
exactly my fear is that Nintendo Switch sucessor could be a huge console such as SteamDeck

I am not convinced the next Switch will have an 8 inch screen unless there's a second smaller SKU lying around somewhere.

Japan will not be pleased

With that said, if a larger screen is in the cards, this larger Switch needs larger joycons and with that larger face buttons.

Edit: I posted to soon because that second mock-up is chef's kiss.

Last edited:
If color, what do we think they'll go for:

1) Colored lettering like on the n3DS XL
new3dsxl-02.jpg

2) Full colored buttons like on the n3DS
aHR0cDovL28uYW9sY2RuLmNvbS9oc3Mvc3RvcmFnZS9taWRhcy8zZjQyM2MyYmYyYjhjNGUzOTViZmVlMGU2ZjI2NDcwZi8yMDA5NjcyOTUvZHMyLmpwZw==

3) Both 1 and 2, with two different SKUs (a 'sleek' one and a 'fun' one like with the first Switch) having different types of buttons on their joy con

1 is my personal preference for a dark color joy-con while 2 looks really cute on a lighter one. Like pieces of candy on a vanilla soft serve.
2: it will make much easier when you with someone or they are watching you play, and you said press the A button to jump, and you friend look at you and reply is the green button, and i reply, yes

Speaking of screens, i'm hoping we can stick to 1080p and stop racing with higher resolutions in handheld consoles.

Some thoughts and comments on sizes.

7.91" is exactly the size of the current tablet. This opens up the miniscule possibility that the rumored spec is actually the tablet size and not device size. I don't actually believe that, I think the number of sources for "8 inch LCD" are high enough and diverse enough that I don't think that mistake is likely at all, but it's not absolutely unreasonable.

There are some dimensions for shipped items floating around from customs. We don't know for certain what those items are. We don't know how accurate the customs logs are (the numbers are suspiciously round). And even if the items are what they seem to, and even if the dimensions are accurate, the customs records are all for prototypes, which may not reflect final hardware, or may only reflect devkits.

BUT - 7.91" is 12.9% larger than the OLED model's screen. I went back and looked at some of the custom's logs. At least one record looks like a Joy-Con with dimensions. Those dimensions are... 13% larger, pretty much on the nose.

Yes larger screens eat more power (as long as the technology is the same). But the increase is proportional to the 2D size. The battery capacity is proportional to the 3D space. Making a device bigger makes more battery capacity faster than it makes the power draw increase. So yes, from a battery (and cooling perspective), a larger device makes 8nm more likely.

The original TX1 was 116mm2. That's roughly a 10.7mm2 chip. 13% larger is 148mm2. Going by existing estimates, that is not out of the realm of a 8nm version of Drake.

I am not convinced the next Switch will have an 8 inch screen unless there's a second smaller SKU lying around somewhere.

With that said, if a larger screen is in the cards, this larger Switch needs larger joycons and with that larger face buttons.

I’m not so sure. It’s still very much a portable and doesn’t require a TV. If we presume a disproportionate percentage of the audience in Japan uses tabletop mode this could be a very welcome change.

A ”Lite” feels inevitable, but I suspect they’d sell out easily in the two years ahead of its launch. If it’s thin enough and looks modern it’s not unlike carrying around an iPad Mini.

I’m not worried. If Nintendo is making the choice there’s probably some data to back it up.

7.91" is exactly the size of the current tablet. This opens up the miniscule possibility that the rumored spec is actually the tablet size and not device size. I don't actually believe that, I think the number of sources for "8 inch LCD" are high enough and diverse enough that I don't think that mistake is likely at all, but it's not absolutely unreasonable.

There are some dimensions for shipped items floating around from customs. We don't know for certain what those items are. We don't know how accurate the customs logs are (the numbers are suspiciously round). And even if the items are what they seem to, and even if the dimensions are accurate, the customs records are all for prototypes, which may not reflect final hardware, or may only reflect devkits.

BUT - 7.91" is 12.9% larger than the OLED model's screen. I went back and looked at some of the custom's logs. At least one record looks like a Joy-Con with dimensions. Those dimensions are... 13% larger, pretty much on the nose.

Yes larger screens eat more power (as long as the technology is the same). But the increase is proportional to the 2D size. The battery capacity is proportional to the 3D space. Making a device bigger makes more battery capacity faster than it makes the power draw increase. So yes, from a battery (and cooling perspective), a larger device makes 8nm more likely.

The original TX1 was 116mm2. That's roughly a 10.7mm2 chip. 13% larger is 148mm2. Going by existing estimates, that is not out of the realm of a 8nm version of Drake.

Can you share the possibly-joy-con dimensions?

I’m not so sure. It’s still very much a portable and doesn’t require a TV. If we presume a disproportionate percentage of the audience in Japan uses tabletop mode this could be a very welcome change.

A ”Lite” feels inevitable, but I suspect they’d sell out easily in the two years ahead of its launch. If it’s thin enough and looks modern it’s not unlike carrying around an iPad Mini.

I’m not worried. If Nintendo is making the choice there’s probably some data to back it up.
We can see the sales data - the Switch Lite is the least popular system. Sure Japan cares about portability, but even the OLED outsold the Lite there, and the Lite had a 2 year head start. I don't think Nintendo cares about the size of the system, and after the Lite fell off so hard we might see them go straight from launch to V2 + OLED.

This 13% theory to advocate for 8nm is a bit of a reach i think, but if true it'll just make me wait for the OLED die shrink 😭

This 13% theory to advocate for 8nm is a bit of a reach i think, but if true it'll just make me wait for the OLED die shrink 😭
And also I thought 8N was unlikely if it had 12SMs and additionally, if 4N was a viable choice, would they really go with 8N, which would have been more expensive mode process based on density?

I figured oldpuck was simply commenting purely from bigger screen = bigger power draw = smaller process node POV saying that isn’t necessarily true due to bigger battery (correct me if I’m wrong oldpuck - you were commenting mainly on this specific scope and not with other factors in the picture)

I'm not sure it does, actually. Taller Joy-Con probably make sense, but the actual controls don't need to be larger. They can be, obviously, but it's not required. Joy-Con get great battery life and have solid BT signal.

Nintendo might want to make them larger if they're packed with new tech, though...

I spent a little time in Tokyo. I saw Lites everywhere, but the few regular Switches I saw were in tabletop mode on the train out town. Including mine, as that's how we played Mario Kart on the trip.
Can you share the possibly-joy-con dimensions?
@darthdiablo has you - he's the customs guy. And can probably tell you better than me all the caveats on those numbers.

Not advocating for 8nm, just saying that it's in the ballpark of what I would expect if they really went with an 8nm device. I don't think the power situation with 8nm is viable, but that's all assumptions and back of the envelope math, so who knows.

And also I thought 8N was unlikely if it had 12SMs and additionally, if 4N was a viable choice, would they really go with 8N, which would have been more expensive mode process based on density?

I figured oldpuck was simply commenting purely from bigger screen = bigger power draw = smaller process node POV saying that isn’t necessarily true due to bigger battery (correct me if I’m wrong oldpuck - you were commenting mainly on this specific scope and not with other factors in the picture)
Yeah, exactly. I was just saying that yes, a larger screen draws more power, but because of the square-cube law the battery would grow faster than the power draw from the screen. And secondarily that I think an 8nm chip would fit, physically, in 13% larger device.

I still err on the side of 8nm resulting in unacceptably large power draw, without clocking extremely low. And that if you are going to clock extremely low, then Drake is a bad design, from an efficiency perspective. So I'd still bet against 8nm, unless there is something radically different about how Drake consumes power.

Having LCD with very thin bezels would be more expensive than “normal-sized” bezels, right?

Would it still be cheaper than going with OLED? Because if reducing the size of the bezels would make LCD almost as expensive as OLED, I’m sure Nintendo would just choose larger bezels instead.

But I don’t know the prices for this stuff, so if anyone has any idea, I would love to know.

Having LCD with very thin bezels would be more expensive than “normal-sized” bezels, right?

Would it still be cheaper than going with OLED? Because if reducing the size of the bezels would make LCD almost as expensive as OLED, I’m sure Nintendo would just choose larger bezels instead.

But I don’t know the prices for this stuff, so if anyone has any idea, I would love to know.
bezels aren't really an additive cost. it adds a safety barrier around the screen and a place for fingers without interfering with the screen

bezels aren't really an additive cost. it adds a safety barrier around the screen and a place for fingers without interfering with the screen

Is that really a concern though for a system like the Switch? It makes sense for this iPad I’m using to type this post while holding it horizontally, but for a portable gaming handheld where your hands are grasping the sides where the controls would lie? Unless Nintendo at one point thought of using your Switch without the joy cons as another practical use of playing games, but later on in the Switch's life, decided smaller bezels for a more “immersive“ handheld experience with the joy cons was more important.

I guess I don’t really buy the excuse of a safety barrier, and that’s even factoring in the removal of the joy cons from the rail to play something in tabletop mode. I’d be curious how others view this though.

Eg7y5WM.png

Yeah this is my expectation if they want to have backward compatibility with the current joycons, though I can see them adjust the rails or another way for joycons to be attached to the side. I'm not sure why there were doubts for how this size of screen can be made but I probably missed some discussion about that here.

I’m asking this because other users said that thinner bezels are not possible with LCD. Then commented how LG developed extra-thin bezels for LCD and stuff like that…

If it wasn’t possible because of the space needed for something behind the screen and then they needed to develop a way to reduce the space necessary for that, then I thought “well, special screens like what LG developed are probably more expensive”.

But I’m just thinking out loud (or writing it).

Is that really a concern though for a system like the Switch? It makes sense for this iPad I’m using to type this post while holding it horizontally, but for a portable gaming handheld where your hands are grasping the sides where the controls would lie? Unless Nintendo at one point thought of using your Switch without the joy cons as another practical use of playing games, but later on in the Switch's life, decided smaller bezels for a more “immersive“ handheld experience with the joy cons was more important.

I guess I don’t really buy the excuse of a safety barrier, and that’s even factoring in the removal of the joy cons from the rail to play something in tabletop mode. I’d be curious how others view this though.
that's bezels in general. but with panels being laminated, any kind of crack means the whole panel needs to be replaced instead of just the cover

I’m asking this because other users said that thinner bezels are not possible with LCD. Then commented how LG developed extra-thin bezels for LCD and stuff like that…

If it wasn’t possible because of the space needed for something behind the screen and then they needed to develop a way to reduce the space necessary for that, then I thought “well, special screens like what LG developed are probably more expensive”.

that was a while ago, but "bezelless" has been a thing that pretty much every panel maker can do now. probably is more expensive, but OLED is still a more complicated process that would push up casts faster than going bezelless would

Had a thought about it and realized it might not have been totally clear: I'm not making fun of people who don't want a bigger Switch, I'm making fun of me. When I take my Switch places I literally do carry it in my pocket. It fits even when in its case, and I love that.

It's me, I am the grandma.
How big are your fucking pockets????

As an academic question, something that the people designing the motherboard would have to solve, the total size of the chip including the substrate obviously has to fit somewhere. But I wouldn't make any connection between the body (maybe) being 13% bigger, and the chip being bigger, let alone the die size being that much bigger, since the die size is even less relevant. They aren't increasing the body size because the chip size increased. And I'm pretty sure 148 mm² is too small for 8N even with the highest density assumption and the lowest transistor count estimate.

Last edited:
That's very hard to say. I think one reason a SoC's binned is the SoC can still run at the rated frequencies, but not always consistently, which I think based on GBAtemp post about overclocking the Nintendo Switch Lite seems to generally be the case.

I think that's a definite possibility with respect to the Tegra X1+ (Mariko) on the Nintendo Switch Lite.
Still amazing to think that Drake on 4N will likely end up being the best showing of any Volta derivative in terms of perf/watt, assuming that Lovelace really is the end of the road with Blackwell being the next massive uArch overhaul. Not too dissimilar to the Switch's stellar efficiency once the 16nm refreshes in the form of T214 came around.

I don't recall ever saying thinner bezels are "not possible" with LCD; they are however technically more difficult than with OLED. Bezel-less, not less bezel, but NO bezel, is a technical possibility with OLED, in a sense, since flexible OLED can fall over the edge of a device and provide a "negative" bezel. I'm posting from one such device right now.

This isn't practical for Nintendo for a while host of reasons though, and a lot of people don't like this design.

What LCDs can do is have extremely thin, flat bezels, which are practical and cost effective for Nintendo.

Most likely, no. I would love for these to be real, but it’s unlikely. And if it is, that would be amazing. A tech achievement imo. These designs would work if the joy-cons were non-removable. I don't know how they can get that kind of bezel. The side bezels, esp are there for the joy-con rails.

The Switch isn’t one whole device. There are removable parts.

Last edited:
I don't recall ever saying thinner bezels are "not possible" with LCD; they are however technically more difficult than with OLED. Bezel-less, not less bezel, but NO bezel, is a technical possibility with OLED, in a sense, since flexible OLED can fall over the edge of a device and provide a "negative" bezel. I'm posting from one such device right now.

This isn't practical for Nintendo for a while host of reasons though, and a lot of people don't like this design.

What LCDs can do is have extremely thin, flat bezels, which are practical and cost effective for Nintendo.
Thank you for clearing that up. I misunderstood what you said.

I'm not sure it does, actually. Taller Joy-Con probably make sense, but the actual controls don't need to be larger. They can be, obviously, but it's not required. Joy-Con get great battery life and have solid BT signal.

I agree that making the Joy-Con taller is all that would be required, but couldn't that make single-Joy-Con mode more uncomfortable? I'm trying to imagine the different ways you could do it, but they all seem to have issues - either the controls are too far to the side, the sticks and face buttons are too far apart, or the controls are too far from the top when in handheld mode.

Edit: I posted to soon because that second mock-up is chef's kiss.
I've seen this sentiment posted a few times, but I don't think there's any indication that Japan prefers their gaming devices to be smaller. The biggest screen devices are always the better sellers. I doubt a Switch 2 that is marginally larger than the OLED model, which has been the best selling model since it's launch, is going to be off-putting for them.

I really do think most everyone here has got the wrong idea about redesigned joy-cons. Nintendo has iterated and improved upon on the joy-cons several times already. They are also still releasing new colorways of them and making special announcements for them when that happens.

I firmly believe the next system will either have the exact same joy-cons as Switch, the new device will be an integrated handheld that does away with the joy-con concept yet still pairs with existing joy-cons ala Wii U working with Wiimotes, or the “new joy-cons” are so visually distinct from the old ones that they have an entirely new name, detachment style, and play/control capabilities.

There would be way too much potential for customer confusion with two sets of joy-cons on the market at one time. And unless Nintendo has a Switch 2 Lite and OLED up their sleeve to launch alongside the Switch 2, it seems much more reasonable to assume they’d offer the OG Switch as the entry-level device for at least a few more years than expect them to sell both the entire lineup of current joy-cons and accessories alongside new joy-cons and new accessories that are only compatible with Switch 2.

3DS sold until late 2020 so it’s fair to assume Switch will be on shelves until 2026/7 and it will only become cheaper and more accessible in that time.

I also really think Nintendo’s going to want to position the new device as integrating into the ecosystem of peripherals that already exist for Switch. It seems to me the best way to simultaneously offer that and a new and exciting control scheme is to do away with older joy-cons attaching to the new device but make them able to pair and sync with the new device wirelessly.

Making people once again go through the slog of buying new plastic wheels and new Ring Fit bands for a new generation of Switch just sounds like a recipe for customer frustration/confusion. It does not at all sound like the “smooth transition” we were promised. (Yes, I know this was largely referring to Nintendo accounts being carried over but it’s been repeated officially by Nintendo a few times such that I expect the philosophy to extend to more than just online accounts.)

Edit: Deleted an extra "either"

I’m honestly hoping for a fully integrated handheld that has bigger, more traditionally-sized buttons. I almost never play my Switch in handheld because the joy-con buttons feel so small and delicate that I can’t get comfortable….and I’ve got smaller than average hands. I also loathe the absence of a d-pad on an official Nintendo device. It’s just plain wrong.

Even still, OG joy-cons are likely here to stick around for a good while longer which has me firmly believing the new device will bring something different. Frankly, I want my OG Switch to feel like an accessory to the next generation platform and have some cool connectivity features that encourage the use of all the many joy-cons I’ve already bought.

Last edited:
I'm not here to judge, but I do have a question for the people who experienced Switch joy-con rail breaks and feel like there is extreme force on the joy-con when holding it in one hand. The girl in the image below holds the Switch in the way I hold mine:

nintendo_switch_back_handheld_photo_1.jpg

When holding it like this, the middle, ring, and potentially little finger apply a counterweight at roughly the 1/4 - 1/3 mark of the Switch tablet part. Because this, there is hardly any force on the joy-cons, basically only the force needed to press the buttons and move the joysticks. Even holding the Switch in one hand leads to minimal (if increased) force on the joy-con and its rail. That is my experience, at least. There is no experience of 'the rail suffering under the weight of the tablet' (paraphrase) for me, as I read previously.

For the people experiencing these issues: do you hold the Switch like this as well, or do you only hold the joy-cons without pushing against the back of the tablet? In the latter case, I can see why there would be more force on your joy-con rails.

That is not to say you are at fault or anything, mind you: the Switch should be playable by children, and the hand position in the image is not possible with the small hands that a young kid has. So the system should be able to resist the other way of holding it, regardless. I'm just curious whether this might be the case for you.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom