• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

Let's entertain this TSAncle for a bit, shall we? Assuming any of this is real, what would it mean for the Redrakted NG? Do we know where these supposed engineers were heading to and coming from?

Probably hand delivering (or retrieving) and installing a devkit to a game studio in the US, that wouldn't mean much except that more people getting involved

Let's entertain this TSAncle for a bit, shall we?
Let's not.

First off, 99% of the stuff from 4chan is complete BS. Second, the mention of the patented features while not explicitly alluding to them as patented features screams "let me make up stuff I know might be true from patents but pretend I didn't know about them" to me.

Finally, we cannot glean anything useful from a devkit being transported to the US anyway.

Getting promoted for following protocol is one thing, but leaking sensitive information?

The guy said he is a 4chan fan and was excited to post, it's like finding a sextoy in a suitcase, it's quite secretive but they are free to do whatever they want with the information anonymously at the end of the day

Quoted by: D36
Let's not.

First off, 99% of the stuff from 4chan is complete BS. Second, the mention of the patented features while not explicitly alluding to them as patented features screams "let me make up stuff I know might be true from patents but pretend I didn't know about them" to me.

Finally, we cannot glean anything useful from a devkit being transported to the US anyway.
I get that, but what else do we really have to discuss? It's better than us constantly twiddling our thumbs going over the same talking points ad nauseam.

I get that, but what else do we really have to discuss? It's better than us constantly twiddling our thumbs going over the same talking points ad nauseam.

I have a near endless treasure chest of dad jokes and scrollwheel shoulderbutton talking points.

We don't HAVE to post about anything. But there are other recent rumors that are much more interesting, specifically the one from Spain (despite that guy's shaky track record too).

Personally I don't think considering obvious fakes is better or more useful than just doing something else.

Please no more speculation and discussion in the speculation and discussion thread

We don't HAVE to post about anything. But there are other recent rumors that are much more interesting, specifically the one from Spain (despite that guy's shaky track record too).

Personally I don't think considering obvious fakes is better or more useful than just doing something else.

This story seems quite crazy yet very realistic for a "fake" one

The guy said he is a 4chan fan and was excited to post, it's like finding a sextoy in a suitcase, it's quite secretive but they are free to do whatever they want with the information anonymously at the end of the day
Are they, though??? Feels like there should be some rule that prevents them from sharing such sensitive info, so long as it isn't dangerous. Though, I have said that leaks are volatile by design, though said volatility can lead to people making fakes, so I dunno.

Edit: Typo

Please no more speculation and discussion in the speculation and discussion thread
I'm just saying we should discuss something new, like we have been for the past few days. I know this is the speculation thread, but it sometimes feels like we're in purgatory.

I'm just saying we should discuss something new, like we have been for the past few days. I know this is the speculation thread, but it sometimes feels like we're in purgatory.
I'm being ironic, I think as long as it's on topic we should be able to talk about whatever we want

Is he reliable?
I dunno. He said "I WON('T REVIEW TEARS OF THE KINGDOM BECAUSE NINTENDO DID ME WRONG" and then managed to make around dozens and dozens videos of Tears of the Kingdom.

He insulted Lukas and then managed to make a video saying that "Hey guys, Nintendo Direct on the 21th of June !" like nothing happened.

Also, just look at his thumbnails & video titles.

Ok here is my own lexony math to figure out when this console will release:

Let's say it will take at least 5 months from announcement to release, realistically there is only one month left to announce it for still this year. For all following years there are infinite months, though it also gets more unlikely the further we look into the future. So let's say announcing it Juli 2023 has a factor of 1, August 2023 to January 2024 0.5, February to Juli 0.25, August 2024 to January 2025 0.125.

If we say the console could get announced between now and January 2025 and multiply the factors with the respective months, this would make the following percentages of when the console could release:
  • Late 2023: 16%
  • H1 2024: 48%
  • H2 2024: 24%
  • Early 2025: 12%

Though if I include the Nate-Factor for H2 2024 of let's say 0.31 (31 is supposedly the age of Nathan Drake in Uncharted 1), then we would end up with the following numbers:
  • Late 2023: 12%
  • H1 2024: 37%
  • H2 2024: 41%
  • Early 2025: 9%

Last edited:

Him, obviously :

iKLLS7D.jpeg

He glove the bad glove. It's so glove.
/s

He insulted a member of Fami who correctly guessed the exact day of the last Direct weeks in advance.

Anyone good with spanish ?

They used my Switch 2 concept as a thumbnail lol

They talking about a factory worker leaking new controller info

This is a common one of Fami > YouTube > Fami
The controller redesign (from shape to L/R potentially different) from Funcle was shared first here by @fwd a few pages back

ping me in 3hs lol my first language is spanish but im at work so i cant use Youtube rn

I'm a native Spanish speaker. It's not worth it to watch any minute of that video.

They are just reading Famiboards, specially @fwd-bwd posts, and speculating. Well, reading it and mixing all kind of infos and their hopes and dreams altogether.

Ok here is my own lexony math to figure out when this console will release:

Let's say it will take at least 5 months from announcement to release, realistically there is only one month left to announce it for still this year. For all following years there are infinite months, though it also gets more unlikely the further we look into the future. So let's say announcing it Juli 2023 has a factor of 1, August 2023 to January 2024 0.5, February to Juli 0.25, August 2024 to January 2025 0.125.

If we say the console could get announced between now and January 2025 and multiply the factors with the respective months, this would make the following percentages of when the console could release:
  • Late 2023: 16%
  • H1 2024: 48%
  • H2 2024: 24%
  • Early 2025: 12%

Though if I include the Nate-Factor for H2 2024 of let's say 0.31 (31 is supposedly the age of Nathan Drake in Uncharted 1), then we would end up with the following numbers:
  • Late 2023: 12%
  • H1 2024: 37%
  • H2 2024: 41%
  • Early 2025: 9%
I'm still shaky on H1 2024, as I'm not sure when would be the right time to announce Redrakted NG. Maybe the Game Awards, since Nintendo will have likely reached their hardware forecast by then? That timeframe just seems too risky with not enough benefits compared to before the Switch.

While I agree it's funny that people keep thinking it's the current year, I think it's sillier to keep thinking it's next year based solely on the notion that we haven't heard anything.

Because if we haven't heard anything why immediately jump to next year? Why not 2025? Why not 2027?
Well 2027 makes zero sense considering sales of the hardware and the fact they have a SOC done and whatever. I think Thraktor gave a good explanation for why people previously stuck to the end of this year and why next year is viable. I'm team 2024 but is it more based on evidence or simply feeling? It's the latter really but I don't care to for my feeling to be right. I kinda prefer to just go with the flow lmao. When it comes to 2025, I think that's only possible if something has gone wrong either software wise or maybe cost wise. I find it hard to believe that Nintendo's teams wouldn't be ready by the end of next year to begin a steady stream of games for a new system. But it is based on a weak foundation due to my own particular bias.
The somewhat conspicuous gap in September though does (potentially) suggest they may have something they're holding back for that.

I'm pretty sure they've consistently throughout the Switch's life span had a big tentpole game in September each year., they treat that month as more important than any other outside of November I think.
I'm inclined to believe that September's game is just a remaster being shadow dropped. That is if there is a direct in September, which there should be but Nate's wording of autumn direct has me spooked from speaking so confidently lmfao.

Last edited:
At least he deserves special praise for getting through the trouble of making stuff up with an original twist (the TSA thing) and then uploading the picture of a badge.
That s in the off chance that he s lying. If he is not (4 chan screams honesty and integrity obviously), not so sure what to do of his description of the controller and of the console.

I'm still shaky on H1 2024, as I'm not sure when would be the right time to announce Redrakted NG. Maybe the Game Awards, since Nintendo will have likely reached their hardware forecast by then? That timeframe just seems too risky with not enough benefits compared to before the Switch.

Jan Reveal, March Presentation and May Release ?

Yeah doesn't make sense but that's what Team H1 2024 believes 🤭

Let's entertain this TSAncle for a bit, shall we? Assuming any of this is real, what would it mean for the Redrakted NG? Do we know where these supposed engineers were heading to and coming from?
I cannot, in good conscious, entertain that.😹

Besides all Nintendo hardware engineers are in Redmond or Japan, the software for emu is in Europe. There’s only 3 relevant places they would be going.

Or NV HQ, but a lot of these things can be done via video call or email. No need to really be in person.

Him, obviously :

iKLLS7D.jpeg

He glove the bad glove. It's so glove.
/s

He insulted a member of Fami who correctly guessed the exact day of the last Direct weeks in advance.
At last, our sworn sovereign shall finally grace us with his presence once more.

Why wasn't the Power Glove ever an actual thing? We could've had something like that during the Wii era.

I cannot, in good conscious, entertain that.😹

Besides all Nintendo hardware engineers are in Redmond or Japan, the software for emu is in Europe. There’s only 3 relevant places they would be going.

Or NV HQ, but a lot of these things can be done via video call or email. No need to really be in person.

They have to deliver the Dev Kit in person, it's too precious. And they have to install it too and show how it works

You know how expensive dev kits are for a game studio, it's part of the package

At last, our sworn sovereign shall finally grace us with his presence once more.

Why wasn't the Power Glove ever an actual thing? We could've had something like that during the Wii era.

Erm, the Power Glove was an actual thing during NES times.

You can literally find some on eBay.

Why would Nintendo announce new hardware at the Game Awards? That’s not how they run their business. They will announce it on their time on their terms.

What console is 8 years old before it’s successor?
Xbox 360. PS360 were dragged out excessively long, to the point where it was really causing problems.

Also GB, but Nintendo definitely was trying to replace it earlier than they did.

Also, the Famicom was actually multiple years old before it released internationally as the NES. Wasn't quite 8 years between that and the Super Famicom, but it got close.

menus are the obvious one. I can also see it replacing accelerators and brakes in racing games since that's what people say is the reason Nintendo doesn't get many racing games anymore.

wish L3/R3 were moved to the back instead of being on the sticks. never did like that. or make back buttons L4/R4
a scroll wheel as a replacement for a pedal-like trigger would be awful
no way in hell they'd do that

Okay, I know nothing of airport security protocol, but what? Why would they post their badge??? This is looking more and more like bullshit. What would a TSA guy even gain from this? Assuming they're aware of the gaming zeitgeist, that is.
I meant the badge itself. I just don't see the rationale for why they would even want to leak something like this if they weren't as invested as we are and that's assuming that any of this is legit. Are they even allowed to do any of this?
I'm sorry, but I found the question of "why would they bother" or "what would they gain" kinda funny. I don't think being a TSA officer would prevent someone from liking videogames or being deeply into them to be aware of recent leaks. So, if the post was true, which I doubt, the answer to those questions would be: "they just like videogames and are into the latest info".

I appreciate these posts because they're comedy gold, but we don't actually have to debate their believability. They're fake. Even bothering to explain why would be more scrutiny than they deserve.

Nintendo is positioning Pikmin 4 as potential breakout game after the success of Pikmin 3 Deluxe. if P4 does as they expect, I wouldn't be surprised to see P5 in 2025 or 2026

??????????

Uhh, games take much longer to make than 2-3 years, especially since they would probably be engine switching...

AAA games are a minimum five year affair at this point unless you have 3-4 major studios working on them at the same time.

So the question is "Pikmin 5 in 2028 like a traditional AAA game or Pikmin 5 in 2034 like the wait for the last two Pikmin games"

Nintendo is positioning Pikmin 4 as potential breakout game after the success of Pikmin 3 Deluxe. if P4 does as they expect, I wouldn't be surprised to see P5 in 2025 or 2026
And here I am just hoping Pikmin 5 comes out by 2028. A half decade wait is so much better than another decade wait 😭 😭 😭 ....

They had us wait 9 years for Pikmin 3 and now 10 years for 4.....they are cruel to us.

Of course it takes long to make a new Pikmin game, do you know how much time you need to model every single Pikmin manually?

Personally I believe that they could still announce/tease it this year and it wouldn't impact too much Switch Sales. I think that many people who are buying the Switch right now don't care about new console releases and just want a Switch to play the current library on a device that is proven on the market (the typical late adopter).

Why would Nintendo announce new hardware at the Game Awards? That’s not how they run their business. They will announce it on their time on their terms.
Just because they haven't done so before, doesn't mean they won't do it at all. If Nintendo wants to control the narrative as best they can, TGA provides a great opportunity to do so.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom