• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

I believe we brushed off the Nintendo Event prematurely. A lot can happen in the next 120 days.
Nah, it's very likely gonna go down like the other Nintendo Lives. As stated before, they only showcase previously released games and I doubt that Drake's hype cycle will effect it that much. Otherwise, you get the press snooping all over what is supposed to be an event for kids and families.

I meant to respond to this earlier in the morning, but what's wrong with a little bonding 🤨
What, you don't want a little spice in your life?
More like if I go to the hardware speculation thread, I just rather idle conversation and banter be saved for a chatroom or something. It's not like I'm gonna see your faces or attend your kids' ballgame or something.

More like if I go to the hardware speculation thread, I just rather idle conversation and banter be saved for a chatroom or something. It's not like I'm gonna see your faces or attend your kids' ballgame or something.
Skill issue

It's entirely possible that they'll continue to leverage the same technology and deliver an inferior version on the current Switch. But either way, it won't be able to be presented as a "legacy edition" because there is no legacy for this new license. I think that's the point.
given this is EA, I assume the worse until proven otherwise. I'm not going to expect them to move to Frostbite just because they gave Fifa the boot. if they want to skip slapping on the "legacy" label despite being a warmed over Fifa 18, then I'm still counting it

Gasp Well, you didn't have to be so mean about it 😔🥺💔

Holiday 2024 is too late because Nintendo has got no games after July 2023 and if they don’t announce any games until next yeah then that’s bad
The have no games officially dated for after July 2023, at the moment. They still have games Switch-bound for 2023 and beyond that they simply need to show and announce.

Seriously though, with a thread as ongoing as this with hardly any news and bogus rumors while we waffle on about stuff we already know, is it that crazy to see us shooting the shit every now and then? I'd say it'd get either dull or rife with unhinged arguing, otherwise.
Maybe I'll keep talking about food here out of spite 😈😈😈

If we go past July without a single game on the horizon, then I'm inclined to believe you. However, I absolutely refuse to believe that Nintendo doesn't have any games for the second half of the year
Without question, and I'm skeptical about it being a bunch of remastered GameCube games. My guess is that the games are being held back from announcement until they are ready to announce new hardware or their is no hardware coming in 2023, but a new 3D Mario and Prime 4 will also be launching this year, and we are all going to be disappointed that new hardware isn't coming anytime soon.

Seriously though, with a thread as ongoing as this with hardly any news and bogus rumors while we waffle on about stuff we already know, is it that crazy to see us shooting the shit every now and then? I'd say it'd get either dull or rife with unhinged arguing, otherwise.
Maybe I'll keep talking about food here out of spite 😈😈😈
I mean of course a thread with like, 51 thousand posts [and counting] has at least some people going on a tangent. It’s bound to happen. But I don’t think it’s that big of a deal either

and this is why some pages ago i said that a lot of devs(or employes of studios tat make 1 party games) are not risking their jobs(or getting sued) by some leaks.... first we had the uncles, then this (and the track record of Nintendo suing ppl for random things). After switch success, for me, its normal we wont get leaks till last moment... if the revelation is in june/july i dont expect anything till at least we dont get a date for the livestream and i bet Nintendo is going to say "hey in 2 days we will have a livestream"

We're a small Nintendo forum, though. Folks are inevitably gonna get to know each other, and some occasional idle chatter is only natural. I view Fami more as a modestly sized village, rather than a big city where everyone's face blends into the background.

and this is why some pages ago i said that a lot of devs(or employes of studios tat make 1 party games) are not risking their jobs(or getting sued) by some leaks.... first we had the uncles, then this (and the track record of Nintendo suing ppl for random things). After switch success, for me, its normal we wont get leaks till last moment... if the revelation is in june/july i dont expect anything till at least we dont get a date for the livestream and i bet Nintendo is going to say "hey in 2 days we will have a livestream"
It would not shock me if me they decided to announce a reveal presentation the day before. I, as well as everyone else here, would lose our metaphorical and possibly literal shit in anticipation.

We're a small Nintendo forum, though. Folks are inevitably gonna get to know each other, and some occasional idle chatter is only natural. I view Fami more as a modestly sized village, rather than a big city where everyone's face blends into the background.
I used to think that about forums I joined like Nintendojo and GameFAQs, nowadays it's just post, say my piece and stick around if anything good's on. It is what it is. Do what works for you, I just don't think I'm gonna have a Hallmark TV moment and go back to that mindset is all.

Without question, and I'm skeptical about it being a bunch of remastered GameCube games. My guess is that the games are being held back from announcement until they are ready to announce new hardware or their is no hardware coming in 2023, but a new 3D Mario and Prime 4 will also be launching this year, and we are all going to be disappointed that new hardware isn't coming anytime soon.

No shot. If Nintendo launches another 3D Mario on Switch then I have no idea what they're cooking for their next console.

Had spaghetti with tomato sauce tonight

Added cumin

Life is good until I remember we're still in the dark on nuSwitch

Of course. Indie and third-party stuff will be dated as the months and days advance.

I was more so referring to Nintendo games. There are still games Switch-bound from Nintendo in a post-Pikmin 4 world.

This is true even if Redacted launches later this year, without question. It just becomes difficult to reconcile the idea that Nintendo is/will be pumping out high profile software that takes many years to develop, and releasing it exclusively on hardware that is entering it's twilight years. Zelda TotK releases next month, meaning no new 3D Zelda for about five years. A new 3D Mario and Prime 4 later this year would give Switch a huge boost, maybe enough to deliver another 20 million units sold for the fiscal year. Problem is that means a new 3D Mario and Metroid Prime are years away. It's very tough to see how Nintendo makes this upcoming fiscal year highly successfully without their big hitters carrying the water, but in doing so it guarantees no big hitters available to launch alongside new hardware for the foreseeable future.

I used to think that about forums I joined like Nintendojo and GameFAQs, nowadays it's just post, say my piece and stick around if anything good's on. It is what it is. Do what works for you, I just don't think I'm gonna have a Hallmark TV moment and go back to that mindset is all.
Yeah, that makes sense. I guess I'd just recommend scrolling past it, in that case. These big threads that go for dozens upon hundreds of pages won't always have new material for folks to discuss.

Yeah, I'm just takin the piss. 😁 Now to go make me some pasta salad 😋
I'm actually just about to throw together some cajun-spiced pasta, no joke 😁

👏👏👏

And just so this post technically stays on topic: I'm still Team2023 yall *runs back to the kitchen*

Honestly, as long as you're playing TotK, I'd say that things will be fine until at least June. We'll have something to preoccupy us with, especially since genuine leaks are unlikely to happen until right before the big reveal, assuming it comes out this year that is, which it will. Otherwise, whether Drake is farther off and/or you're not the biggest Zelda fan:

you say this like there should be any news in the nintendo hardware thread right now

this is a casual time. nothing from gdc. zelda's a month out. things will get serious later, for now the thread's in limbo

you say this like there should be any news in the nintendo hardware thread right now

this is a casual time. nothing from gdc. zelda's a month out. things will get serious later, for now the thread's in limbo
Well if you're jumping in on this, I may as well get back on my mess again lol

This thread was in limbo when I first found it and it's been that way for a long time, I reckon.

Why do you think it's too late? 2024 seems to be the consensus amongst folk that don't frequent this thread, including analysts who specialize in this kind of stuff
Keyword is late 2024

1) for the people who don’t frequent the thread, they’re irrelevant. They don’t frequent it at all. Their opinion doesn’t matterz

2) analyst go by what they have at their disposal, and it’s an analysis. People need to stop looking at it as gospel.

Like these people in number 1 are the same ones that dismissed the analysis in the past about the switch when it’s negative and agree with it when it’s positive? Why? Because people will agree with whatever narrative and desire they have.
And quite frankly, that same desire is very obvious, and it’s that people want the Nintendo switch to outsell the PlayStation 2, because they have some hard boner for it being the best selling console.

Like seriously, it’s really common how many people want that to happen.

[invents cumin/cinnamon/freeze dried onion/every other seasoning spring rolls]
HOL' UP.

HEAR ME OUT

0832be34-b781-4f69-ba81-205aaa6a5137.0b1ad85930ee0f808a78e4bde96af057.jpeg

+
Spring-Roll-Recipe.jpg

Nah, it's very likely gonna go down like the other Nintendo Lives. As stated before, they only showcase previously released games and I doubt that Drake's hype cycle will effect it that much. Otherwise, you get the press snooping all over what is supposed to be an event for kids and families.
The timing of the event right before one of Nintendo's most busiest quarters in one of their strongest regions is still an opportunity to surprise.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom