• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Fuga Melodies of Steel 2 will be released in 2023 (Demo for the first game now available).

Anime fighters finance CC2 self-published games, they can keep flopping that if they keep getting licenses to make a new anime fighter they will be fine

More info in two weeks.
I am still shocked this sequel will actually get to exist despite the poor sales of the first game. Somehow the Little Tail Bronx universe lives on and that's wonderful.

Official website : https://www.cc2.co.jp/fuga2/en/

I'm surprised this is getting a sequel. I have the first game on my wishlist since it released, but it's too expensive imo. The second tweet says it's on sale, but it's still full price here (Europe).

I still haven’t bought it. I wonder if the sacrifice mechanic I read about will feel stressing in a bad way. I must try the demo though.
You never have to do it except once during the tutorial (but it gets undone right after). If you don't want to use it, you can just choose to lose and restart at the last check point.

I still haven’t bought it. I wonder if the sacrifice mechanic I read about will feel stressing in a bad way. I must try the demo though.

No idea what this is, but i already feel it is undoubtedly something I can not do. Like trying to explore the dark path in a fable game, or anything similar.

My immediate comparison is Valkyrie profile covenant of the plume, where you had a mechanic where you could command a unit of yours to expend all of their life force or whatever in a single battle, which basically made them go super Saiyan, but, at the end of the battle, they withered and died.

The game forced me to do it one time in the tutorial for it. And that was it. Could never do it again. I even started a second playthrough, expressly for exploring the different story path for sacrificing your allies. I sacrificed one more than the tutorial, and just didn't do it again. Fuck that shit lol.

No idea what this is, but i already feel it is undoubtedly something I can not do. Like trying to explore the dark path in a fable game, or anything similar.

My immediate comparison is Valkyrie profile covenant of the plume, where you had a mechanic where you could command a unit of yours to expend all of their life force or whatever in a single battle, which basically made them go super Saiyan, but, at the end of the battle, they withered and died.

The game forced me to do it one time in the tutorial for it. And that was it. Could never do it again. I even started a second playthrough, expressly for exploring the different story path for sacrificing your allies. I sacrificed one more than the tutorial, and just didn't do it again. Fuck that shit lol.
You can save everyone.

This has been on my wishlist for a good while too. Downloading the demo later to finally see if I like it.

For those that have played it, is it a solid recommendation?

I understand you, I feel the same in games like these. Even back when I was 13 and played the first Suikoden I was so set on saving everyone.

Yea I was under the impression the sales reception was not good for the first game? It must have ultimately made them money, which is good news. Game itself sounds like its quality.

... ok just googled. As of Dec 2021 according to this post on RPGsite:

Matsuyama: As mentioned earlier, Fuga: Melodies of Steel's development costs exceeded 327 million Yen. In the 3 months following launch, the worldwide sales have accounted for recouping 120 million of that cost. (In other words, the project's sales have yet to cover for its development costs.)

The first game is VERY good. I'd recommend it if you enjoy strategy games. There's more depth to it than you'd think, and it's a solid 20+ hours with replay value.

This is a great game and one of the best games CC2 has ever put out (I love Asura's Wrath, Solatorobo, Silent Bomber - this game is up there for me in those rankings). Can't wait for the sequel.

I found out about this game a while ago and put it on my wishlist. A demo and a sale were just what I needed, loving it so far.

@Maronic03 thank you for this thread. I stayed away from this game bevause of the sacrifice cannon thing, but playing the demo I really like the game is something special. The sacrifice is still horrible and terrifying, and if I ever get to a point where I have to use it (outside of the tutorial), I’ll quit the game or maybe even restart.

It really is a very cool game. I like those kids.

@Maronic03 thank you for this thread. I stayed away from this game bevause of the sacrifice cannon thing, but playing the demo I really like the game is something special. The sacrifice is still horrible and terrifying, and if I ever get to a point where I have to use it (outside of the tutorial), I’ll quit the game or maybe even restart.

It really is a very cool game. I like those kids.
There is a check-point before every boss, so restarting isn't a big time loss anyway (some regular battles on the harder routes can get pretty tense though, don't be scared of using items).

There is a check-point before every boss, so restarting isn't a big time loss anyway (some regular battles on the harder routes can get pretty tense though, don't be scared of using items).
I finished the demo and bought the digital deluxe version right away. I wanted to give them as much money as I could, even if I don’t care much about the extras. Much better game than I was lead to believe. Thanks again.

I finished the demo and bought the digital deluxe version right away. I wanted to give them as much money as I could, even if I don’t care much about the extras. Much better game than I was lead to believe. Thanks again.

I gave it a 8.5/10 back in the days, among the highest scores on my site in the last years (I prefer to avoid to limit our scorse between 7 and 10 like many websites used to do lol)

Fuga: 8.5/10

it is in Italian, but you can get the feeling with Google Transalate: I think it is GREAT, under an artistic point of view, with a delicate but pretty mature way on handling the war topic (something even more relevant nowadays) and its gameplay dynamics are solid (even if stresfull, sometimes!)

I can't wait to see the sequel

I still need to play the first game so having a demo is awesome, I am glad this series gets to continue!!!

The stream is about to start:

Edit 1: So far this is your typical "Japanese stream where nothing is actually being announced"

Edit 2: The best sales for the 1st game were: america>europe>japan>asia

Someone is translating in the chat, they said: "matsuyama acknowledge the existence of furry communities in america, which helped boosted the game sales"

Edit 3: The 3 more sacrificed characters in japan were Boron, Socks, and Malt.
In the US it was Mei, the 4 years old little sister, who was number one.
How dare you.

Edit 4: The three characters with the most fanarts were Malt, Jin, and Mei.

Edit 5: They're talking about the sequel, they shown a new key art and story teaser.
From the chat : "the trailer said the kids board the Tarascus to fight the out of control Taranis that's got their friends trapped aboard apparently?" This would fit with the secret video from the first game.
Hanna is likely part of these "trapped friends" considering her place in the key art.

Edit 6: They are aiming to release the game for the 1st quarter of 2023. Next month, the alpha build is scheduled to be finished.
More info will be released at this week famitsu (6 pages).
An artbook has been announced. There are bunch of other merchs too, available today apparently (not confirmed).

The stream is over.

Edit 7: This is where you can get the merch

Last edited:
The stream is about to start:

Edit 1: So far this is your typical "Japanese stream where nothing is actually being announced"

Edit 2: The best sales for the 1st game were: america>europa>japan>asia

Someone is translating in the chat, they said: "matsuyama acknowledge the existence of furry communities in america, which helped boosted the game sales"

Edit 3: The 3 more sacrificed characters in japan were Boron, Socks, and Malt.
In the US it was Mei, the 4 years old little sister, who was number one.
How dare you.

Edit 4: The three characters with the most fanarts were Malt, Jin, and Mei.

Edit 5: They're talking about the sequel, they shown a new key art ans story teaser.
From the chat : "the trailer said the kids board the Tarascus to fight the out of control Taranis that's got their friends trapped aboard apparently?" This would fit with the secret video from the first game.
Hanna is likely part of these "trapped friends" considering her place in the key art.

Edit 6: They are aiming release for 1st quarter of 2023.

Oops, i replied accidentaly. Please ignore.

I might a well use this to post the key art and trailer

QFE39Bn.jpg

The steam page is up

Last edited:
That's pretty dope!

I do kinda wish that their next game after this is Solatorobo 2 tho lol... or Tail Concerto 2 :O
Unfortunately both of those series are owned by Bandai Namco and they don't want anything to do with them.

I'm happy to support CC2's independent games anyway, Fuga was a big surprise for me and retroactively entered my top 3 games of 2021 when I played it a few months ago, so I'm really excited for the whole trilogy.

That's pretty dope!

I do kinda wish that their next game after this is Solatorobo 2 tho lol... or Tail Concerto 2 :O
We already know from the director that the goal is to make a trilogy out of Fuga.

Oh it's going to be on Gamepass day 1? May pick it up off there then. Sounds like they're still doing 3 as well regardless? Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom