• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Fuck Ridley, fuck Kraid, fuck Mother Brain, when is Crocomire coming back?

Mekanos

Tattletale
Pronouns
he/they
super-metroid-metroid-other-m-super-nintendo-entertainment-system-crocomire-video-game-png-favpng-hUKYpi9zYWDLf6XaTwbHyq5bH.jpg

Look at this fella, isn't he adorable? His only claim to fame is an easy boss fight in Super Metroid where you push him into lava and (cruelly) watch him burn alive. But he could be so much more! Why not put him in Smash? Or perhaps a video game where you play as Crocomire? The possibilities are endless. He was almost in Zero Mission but Nintendo cut him because they knew if included, he would be so popular that nobody would ever want to play as Samus again.

He could even be in Mario Kart as Dry Crocomire:

ca1aa-photostudio_1605668093856.jpg

Fellow Crocoheads, we must ask the question, when will we get our day?

The very first time I ran into this thing, it scared the crap out of me. The music didnโ€™t help either.

CROCOMIRE RULES

I played Super Metroid for the first time back in 2013 (I know, I know lol) and didn't know too much about the game so when that part happened with the Crocomire skeleton popped out at the last second it made me jump.

I was honestly really impressed something like that so old and unexpected got me. They should bring em back, even as an easter egg!

I played Super Metroid for the first time back in 2013 (I know, I know lol) and didn't know too much about the game so when that part happened with the Crocomire skeleton popped out at the last second it made me jump.

I was honestly really impressed something like that so old and unexpected got me. They should bring em back, even as an easter egg!
I first beat SM in 2012 so I'm right there with you

It still became one of my favorite games even 20 years later

I was very scared when I started reading the topic title because I thought this was going to be an F Marry Kill thing.

Mekanos gets it

Prime 4 needs a Meta Crocomire fight where he's a cyborg skeleton. The space pirates saved his bones...!

Iโ€™ll be a gentleman and say Iโ€™d never have intercourse with any listed in the title of this thread. Also Crocodile died a pretty permanent death in super. He ainโ€™t coming back.

Wait, what?

I'm fond of this story because I'm actually a footnote in it. Shortly after the game released, I was looking through the sound files and found one named "Metroid Sekrit" in the folder for Amiss Abyss. I brought it to people's attention on DK Vine, but at the time nobody knew what to make of it, and it took four years for a member to actually find the secret itself and reveal it to the public, which is why the discovery was framed the way it was.

I remember the first screenshots of Other M and thinking the monster that was ultimately Vorash was a 3D Crocomire.

Finally! About damn time someone put respect on Crocomireโ€™s name.

Mekanos gets it

Prime 4 needs a Meta Crocomire fight where he's a cyborg skeleton. The space pirates saved his bones...!
They should absolutely bring him back! They actually wouldn't even need to go the bone recovery route, since Prime 4 takes place before the poor bloke dies via lava, so he'd be in prime shape (no pun intended)! They should stop bringing the other guys back, and give love to the one who's only had a single appearance. #RockDaCroc

We don't have official confirmation in either direction. It could be the same Kraid from Zebes, or it could simply be a member of the same species.

We must secure an exclusive Famiboards interview with Sakamoto to provide clarification on this matter.

We must secure an exclusive Famiboards interview with Sakamoto to provide clarification on this matter.
I'll bet you anything the dude has no idea himself. ๐Ÿคฃ I think until they say something about Kraid in Dread, I'm just gonna assume it's a clone, or a totally different bloke. It's either that, or there was a crew on Zebes who captured him within the small window between Samus blasting his Krussy into oblivion, and the planet getting blown up, which would be silly!

We don't have official confirmation in either direction. It could be the same Kraid from Zebes, or it could simply be a member of the same species.
I think itโ€™s Kraid brother, also named Kraid.

Back
Top Bottom