• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

TV former Paramount+ series "Grease: Rise Of The Pink Ladies" is getting a DVD release after it was wiped from the service.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Grease is still the word as Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies is getting another shot at being discovered by viewers following its cancellation and removal from Paramount+.

The prequel starring Marisa Davila, Cheyenne Isabel Wells, Ari Notartomaso, Tricia Fukuhara and Jackie Hoffman has hit Video-On-Demand (VOD) services like Apple’s iTunes and Amazon. Each episode is available for $2.99 with the full 10-episode season available for $19.99.

Paramount Home Entertainment also announced that a DVD release for the whole series is slated for Nov. 7 with more than 30 minutes of special features included in the box set.
Disney+ and Max, take notes. this is how you should handle content getting taken off your site.

the show's creator, Annabel Oakes. notably stated she was "devastated at the complete erasure of our show." back when the removal was first confirmed, i'm certain she's pleased by this news.
the fact it's specifically getting a DVD release rather than just a digital one is particularly helpful. as going digital-only would have made the same situation likely to happen again.

Just DVD in the year of our lord 2023 is wild.

I'd commit unspeakable crimes for Netflix's Sandman on Blu-Ray/4K.

I would prefer things like this get a physical release and remain on the services, too. There is no good reason to remove it.

Like, yeah, good for this series! But I feel like this sets a precedent where these content farms exploit passionate nerds by removing content for no reason just to sell it back to them in a different form.

On one hand, I am very glad that a show like this is getting a physical release at all. When shows are in danger of getting wiped by tax write-offs, it's good to see stuff have an existence in physical media away from the ephemeral streaming services.

On the other, it is very frustrating that these shows, which are made for high definition, are stuck with standard definition DVD releases as the only physical option. Especially when digital storefronts like iTunes get the HD versions. I see it all the time with stuff like the modern Cartoon Network releases too. Such a shame that the physical preservation of the shows is in worse quality than the base airings.

Back
Top Bottom