• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Footage of Persona 3 Remake and New Jet Set Radio Project Leaked

ab67616d00001e02336d4c1cc04e5056f38c7555

I’d like a new Jet Set Radio but I’m worried that it would come out wrong like the Nights for Wii. It’s also an IP whose ethos is very tied to the late 1990’s/early 2000’s and I don’t know how to update it for today.

First, the younger generations have never seen rollerblades in real life. They‘ve only seen them in media to mock late 80’s/early 90’s yuppies. Rollerblades do not represent coolness but dorkiness to the extreme. They are in object of mockery in commercials for the upcoming Barbie movie. Yes, in a friggin Barbie movie. Second, “street wear” is not viewed as rebellious anymore as it’s been absorbed by yuppies and global luxury brands. Third, graffiti isn’t viewed as rebellious counter culture but the nuisance it always was. Fourth, policing and how to balance the ways in which law enforcement does its job and serves society is a serious policy matter rather than a light hearted joke. Fifth, homelessness has become a bigger problem in greater Tokyo as the Japanese economy continues its disinflation post 1980’s bubble popping. Sixth, the extreme sports/skater look has faded away like all youth clothing fads. Nobody under 35 would recognize it.

The thing that would translate well is the concept that a corrupt corporate titan would be so twisted as to buy the local police, hire goons to beat up street kids,
then try to take over the world by stealing a record that summons demons from the street kids after brutalizing them, then summon the demons to obliterate Tokyo to scare everyone else to else to submit to their iron fisted rule.

The part about a corrupt corporate executive trying to take over the world has aged well.
Wait what?

Nevermind...just watch this:

This is a spiritual successor to Jet Set Radio.

I don't know whether you're being serious but there's proof for both games being real.

In regards to the Persona 3 remake, it's a financially cost-effective remake because the assets were already created via Persona 3 Dancing. With the Jet Set Radio remake, Sega ran a poll to see which intellectual properties from their catalogue of games fans like to see remade and Jet Set Radio was on top of the list.

None of those are proof. I suggest you look up what the word proof means

Is it possible to link the source? I really don't want get my hopes up and then get disappointed when we find out it's PlayStation exclusive lol.
waiting for tha source too. their search function is dogshit and they dont even let you use it if you arent a user or banned like me lol.

Assuming this is real, I’m very curious as to how they’ll market it considering that we just got P3P. You’d think they’d wait a little while, but Atlus is gonna Atlus sometimes.

There’s quite a bit about P3 that should be changed, so I’m curious as to how extensive this remake would be.

Worrying about Atlus announcements, platforms, and timings is more pointless than expecting new dialogue in Animal Crossing New Horizons. By the way, we have an actual good Atlus series coming back in June on PC and Switch

definitely the top one is the best IMO. a good mix of realistic shadowing and the bright vivid colors. a great balance of the second and third style

the second has a lack of depth that I don't like. needs more contrast

the third isn't bad, but it gives the clothing a plasticy look.

fourth is too borderlands. it's overdone and distracts from the shapes. just look a beat's arms and you can see a lot of a lot of noise removing detail ironically

Assuming this is real, I’m very curious as to how they’ll market it considering that we just got P3P. You’d think they’d wait a little while, but Atlus is gonna Atlus sometimes.

There’s quite a bit about P3 that should be changed, so I’m curious as to how extensive this remake would be.
I think we’re a year or two from playing P3Re, so it wouldn’t be weird for them to release an HD Remaster before a Remake.

Wait what?

Nevermind...just watch this:

This is a spiritual successor to Jet Set Radio.

We shall see. It looks early but it’s one to keep an eye on. I’m skeptical it’ll catch that magic of Jet Grind Radio or Jet Set Radio Future but it’s definitely one to keep an eye on.

Back
Top Bottom