• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News footage of “Sonic Toys Party” (the mobile Fall Guys-like game) has been leaked online (up: officially revealed as “Sonic Rumble”)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

this was rumored to exist over the past few months, but it seems fully official now. I’m pretty sure this is F2P?
certainly doesn’t look as major as the other mobile title (Sonic Dream Team) at least, also interesting to see them acknowledge Splash Hill Zone again.

…why uh toys?

and damn they really just went for “make it look like the toy story logo for sonic,” huh

…why uh toys?

and damn they really just went for “make it look like the toy story logo for sonic,” huh
I was thinking the same. That can't be the real logo right? That's just like 1:1 theft.

I was expecting a much worse-looking game based on the thumbnail

Looks a bit cheap for my tastes, but I do find it interesting that they're using Splash Hill music. Not that I'm complaining - I'm one of the weird ones who likes Sonic 4!

Honestly it doesn't look bad for a Fall Guys inspired take on Sonic. The monetization strategy and community involvement are going to be key to how well it fares. I'd rather my older kid be playing this than some of the other F2P trash that's common amongst the peer group.

Confirmation New

In Sonic Rumble, players will take control of toy figures to compete in thrilling 32-player battle royale challenges, racing against each other to collect the most rings and prove themselves to be the fastest in the toybox. With iconic characters from the Sonic the Hedgehog universe available for customization, players can create their own unique avatars and dive into the action-packed gameplay.

Developed and managed by SEGA in collaboration with Rovio, known for the global success, Angry Birds, Sonic Rumble is the first title to be released jointly by SEGA and Rovio. SEGA aims to further expand the presence of the Sonic the Hedgehog brand within the global mobile gaming market with Rovio’s marketing expertise and experience.
yep, the Toy Story inspired logo is gone now.

That looks like it could be fun, if I can utilize a controller, and if they fix that framerate. :X

Back
Top Bottom