• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Florida bans gender affirming care to all trans teenagers, discusses possibility of having a registry for all trans folk

Stay safe out there, if possible talk to organizations like ACLU if you are currently in Florida and need medicine.

I can't say anything else because I would get banned for it. These are dark times.

This is terrible and so fucking heartbreaking. It keeps feeling like the world is heading towards such a dark place, in so many ways and forms, and the lives of marginalised groups are getting more difficult by the day.

Heartbreaking and despicable. I feel for all of the trans youth in Florida, unfairly targeted by scum advocating for genocide.

Heartbreaking. Words can't express the anger I feel towards the scum behind this.

This like the Lavendar Scare of the 1950s, which accompanied the 2nd Red Scare and the third rise of the Ku Klux Klan in its history, never mind the onset of Truman's Cold War.

Hmmm, I think that we are in for a wave or offensive of ultra-right policies and movements. We need to be prepared.

The backlash against trans rights that we're witnessing like a train wreck in prolonged slow motion is absolutely appalling and I am lost for words.

My thoughts go out to all the trans people out there who have to endure the consequences of this neofascist pseudoscientific mass hysteria. I know it's little comfort right now, but we will move past this. I'm sure of it.

Completely disgusting.
For all the trans kids living out there, I'm sorry for what those scumbags are doing to y'all.
Shame on those physicians that are just ripping their certificates by being completely unethical, contributing to marginalization, self-medication, self-harm, depression and suicide of trans kids in favor of their politician's power projects.
Those are dark days hope y'all stay safe and can transition elsewhere or those bans get shut down.
Our community is with you 🏳️‍⚧️

Back
Top Bottom