• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

LTTP Fire Emblem: Three Houses

• Thread starter Deleted member 2739
  • Start date
(Late to the party)
D

Deleted member 2739

I don't have the DLC yet, but will likely get it ASAP. So far, so good. I tend to enjoy this genre of game, and never really played or beaten any FE game before at all.

Female Byleth is cute though. I am in this game for the characters and all the stuff you can apparently do.

Have fun! Will check up on this thread from time to time love seeing people first experience playing FE :D
I am playing in normal mode and decided to do the casual option. I am not too far in yet, but getting there.

One of my favorite games on the Switch. Did all the different paths one after another.
However, saw part of the DLC and didn’t convince me, so the base game is good enough for me.

Enjoy the trip at Fodlan.

I am playing in normal mode and decided to do the casual option. I am not too far in yet, but getting there.
Let us know how you like it. Which house did you choose? (Currently playing it myself on Hard Classic. I think adding Casual mode was a good decision when they first added it in New Mystery of the Emblem.)

I finished my second playthrough of the game the other day I'm planing on doing the golden dear route mid May and be officially done with it before Three Hopes releases, don't think I'm doing the DLC, I'll tell you this I enjoyed the game more the second time around

I really need to somehow get around to finishing THREE more playthroughs of Three Houses—PLUS the DLC story—before Three Hopes comes out in June… ._.

Not sure if I should do the rest of the base game routes first, or get the DLC out of the way before that, since I believe completing the DLC is supposed to give you access to extra stuff in the main game…

I really need to somehow get around to finishing THREE more playthroughs of Three Houses—PLUS the DLC story—before Three Hopes comes out in June… ._.

Not sure if I should do the rest of the base game routes first, or get the DLC out of the way before that, since I believe completing the DLC is supposed to give you access to extra stuff in the main game…
Yeah it’s definitely worth doing the dlc before the other playthroughs.
It’s kind of hard though at least compared to the main game

Quoted by: Tye
Yeah it’s definitely worth doing the dlc before the other playthroughs.
It’s kind of hard though at least compared to the main game
It’s not going to spoil anything from the main game that I may not have seen yet, is it? ‘Cause, for example, I’ve heard that Golden Deer has a lot of lore that isn’t revealed in the other routes, but I haven’t played that route yet…

Do the DLC first. It unlocks stuff. I'm doing that on Normal Classic since there is a lot less flexibility in classes and whatnot. Good luck on doing three more playthroughs before Three Hopes comes out.

It’s not going to spoil anything from the main game that I may not have seen yet, is it? ‘Cause, for example, I’ve heard that Golden Deer has a lot of lore that isn’t revealed in the other routes, but I haven’t played that route yet…
Nah it deals with different story things than the other playthroughs so you should be all good

I’d just recommend to take your time and not rush to play day 1 Three Hopes , at least that’s what I’m going to do , playing back to back playthroughs of such a long game as FE:3H is too much at least for me. But if you really want to go for it I wish you good luck and have fun!

I cleared Claude’s route back in 2019 and recently got back into the game.

First I beat the DLC campaign. It was quite solid. It does spoil a few things about Byleth origins for the person that asked about that earlier.

Now I’m playing through Dimitri‘s route. I like how involved the Blue Lions are in the first part of the story.

I cleared Claude’s route back in 2019 and recently got back into the game.

First I beat the DLC campaign. It was quite solid. It does spoil a few things about Byleth origins for the person that asked about that earlier.

Now I’m playing through Dimitri‘s route. I like how involved the Blue Lions are in the first part of the story.
Oh shit, so there are spoilers in the DLC? Which routes would you recommend having played first before playing the DLC then?

Oh shit, so there are spoilers in the DLC? Which routes would you recommend having played first before playing the DLC then?
I mean, they aren’t big spoilers but some things about Byleth that aren’t revealed right away in the main story. For the most part they compliment the main story though.

I did Verdant Wind first and it worked fine for me but I think any route works well as a first one. I honestly recommend doing one route before the DLC since it’ll let you learn the mechanics of the game. DLC campaign is a bit tough.

I mean, they aren’t big spoilers but some things about Byleth that aren’t revealed right away in the main story. For the most part they compliment the main story though.

I did Verdant Wind first and it worked fine for me but I think any route works well as a first one. I honestly recommend doing one route before the DLC since it’ll let you learn the mechanics of the game. DLC campaign is a bit tough.
Oh, okay. I did do Crimson Flower back when the game came out, but my concern was that there might be stuff in Azure Moon, Verdant Wind, or Silver Snow that I haven’t seen yet that the DLC might spoil. Particularly Verdant Wind, since I’ve heard it’s got lots of lore that the other routes don’t have…

Oh, okay. I did do Crimson Flower back when the game came out, but my concern was that there might be stuff in Azure Moon, Verdant Wind, or Silver Snow that I haven’t seen yet that the DLC might spoil. Particularly Verdant Wind, since I’ve heard it’s got lots of lore that the other routes don’t have…
Yes, Verdant Wind does, although honestly they kind of all do, just to varying degrees. That's one thing that's cool about the routes, since all of them come with bits of backstory and lore that you wouldn't get otherwise so they feel more unique. That said, Golden Deer has quite a bit more than Blue Lions does from what I remember. I think as long as you've beaten at least one route, though, you should be covered for the DLC, although someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

i don't recall the dlc mentioning any major plot points from any of the other routes, it just focuses on its own story. might be worth completing cindered shadows as you'll be able to recruit the ashen wolves in the main game (hapi & constance are pretty insane units)

though, if it's of any significance, cindered shadows (presumably) occurs sometime after chapter 4 but before chapter 9

I wouldnt say the DLC spoils things from other routes, what i does is adds some new info not found in any route regarding Byleth, and you can infer some stuff from silver snow but even then its not the full picture. Plus, it seems it takes place in its own timeline outside the usual routes, as some small interactions that shouldnt be possible on any route actually happen in the DLC like Dimitri asking Edelgard about her hair and she wondering how Dimitri could posibbly know about it.

Such a good game, I think I did 11 playthroughs in total, as well as the DLC story (which was actually really good - tied with Pokemon for best DLC on the Switch imo). My most played Switch game at 235 hours. Enjoy, it's fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom