• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Final Fantasy XVI PC version announced, free DLC released, Rising Tide expansion coming April 18)

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
No release date for the PC version yet

At today’s Voices of Valisthea panel at PAX West, Final Fantasy XVI producer Naoki Yoshida announced that a free DLC package will be coming tonight at 8:00pm Pacific Time.

[…]

Furthermore, Yoshida announced that the team will be releasing two paid DLC installments. Citing feedback that players “want to spend more time in Valisthea and its inhabitants.”

Finally, Yoshida formally announced that a PC version is in development, and that an update on it and the upcoming DLC will be shared by the end of the year.

A short trailer showing off some free DLC skins was shown as well. Be warned, there are minor story spoilers here.

Heck yeah I’m down for more XVI! If they somehow give us a Leviathan battle that’d be bonkers.

If either one of these doesn't have to do with Jill then they can keep it!

But really, I'm interested in the new DLC.

Fantastic news. I'll almost certainly be there day one for the DLC, and I hope the PC port ends up being solid. Hopefully we're not waiting too long for either!

Oh hell yeah, would love some more story DLC. Although having weapon glams is nice too.

This is a great announcement too! I really need to get Theatrhythm..
If you do get it, consider the premium deluxe edition on a discount rather than base game. It will work out cheaper if you want all the music rather than buying dlc separately.

pretends to be shocked

Definitely interested to see the PC specs and where they go with the DLC

thank god they aren't pretending the PC-Version doesn't exist for another half a year or more :D

It's impossible for me to go back to a single player game that i finished months ago for some DLC, unless said game is amazing.

It's impossible for me to go back to a single player game that i finished months ago for some DLC, unless said game is amazing.
Normally i’m the same way. But I’ll make an exception for games I truly love. I will 100% go back for DLC on games like God of War Ragnarok and FFXVI.

I’ve seen the game drop In price already. Think I’ll e now to get this once it’s 20.

Maybe Black Friday.

I gave up on FFXVI, the dlc would need to meaningfully improve the combat for me to even entertain going back to finish it. Being able to play as Jill, Cid, Dion, or other characters in stand alone chapters will only matter if I can then play as them in the main game as that would help a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom