• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis |ST| Another Possibility For A Gacha...

aus89

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
mXdIZsS.png

w8npSuj.png

IMG_0395.jpg

gamesystem_story_cap_2.jpg

Azo6IXy.png

gamesystem_battle_movie.jpg

ghZPRoW.png

gamesystem_enhanceGrowth_movie.jpg

1InkV6b.png

gamesystem_coop_movie.jpg

gamesystem_chocobo_movie.jpg

gamesystem_gear_movie.jpg

cloud_0817.webp
ch002_3d_sd.webp
ch003_3d_sd.webp
ch004_3d_sd.webp
ch005_3d_sd.webp

Last edited:
Apologies for the delay, the Ever Crisis ST is now live and out of beta testing haha
How is everyone finding the game so far - I tried it out a bit and the gacha and some of the UI is a bit inscrutable, but the graphics and the music definitely pop off! Will be interesting to see if/how it ties into Rebirth

Thought this had a turn-based battle system for some reason, not sure how I feel about auto combat and just choosing abilities. Seems like it might get a bit dull.
Also maybe I just didn't play enough but is there no option for English voices?

I completed two or three stories, and it feels like a missed opportunity. Gacha is always a drag, but I just don't see any appeal in doing gacha for weapons. There's no serotonin spike for me whether Barret is shooting out flames or confetti.

Visually, it looks very good. It gives glimpses of a type of Final Fantasy VII remaster that stays true to what the original's top-down perspective would look like, with great cutscenes and character portraits included. And the original FF7 badly needs a modernization, if just for the poor and outdated translation. But this isn't that.

But the fighting is boring, and the story bits are just tiny slivers of a game. If anything, I would watch a video of edited story gameplay on YouTube in a year. But this doesn't need to be on my phone, I think.

What exactly is Ever Crisis? I might be willing to download it and give it a go.
A free to play mobile Chapter based ATB battle gacha (gacha for cosmetics and weapons) that goes through the stories of the compilation of Final Fantasy VII as well as. Bit like XV Pocket Edition but on mobile and with gacha.

is there controller support?
Nope it is auto battle (no movement in battle) with touch controls (select special attacks ie: Fira/Braver etc... and change stance from attack to defence) and touch to select where your character moves in exploration

Ah, I just realized that this was made by Applibot, the same company that made Neir Reincarnation. They share many similarities, strengths and weaknesses - beautiful art and graphics, solid writing, gacha weapon upgrades, and auto battling. I bounced off of that one pretty quickly too.

This is testing my love for the compilation of ff7 more than anything before. I wasn't expecting it to be such a stereotypical mobile game, but I should have because woof it's dire. The UI is fecking atrocious and the gacha is needlessly long.
If it gets to that point that mobile games get to where you have to drop money to make any progress, I will personally find everyone involved in this bullshit and flick them on the nose.

This is testing my love for the compilation of ff7 more than anything before. I wasn't expecting it to be such a stereotypical mobile game, but I should have because woof it's dire. The UI is fecking atrocious and the gacha is needlessly long.
If it gets to that point that mobile games get to where you have to drop money to make any progress, I will personally find everyone involved in this bullshit and flick them on the nose.
This is basically the reason I haven’t started it yet. I have no experience with any mobile game, much less a gacha, and reading people talk about pulls and diamonds and tickets or whatever really puts me off.

This is basically the reason I haven’t started it yet. I have no experience with any mobile game, much less a gacha, and reading people talk about pulls and diamonds and tickets or whatever really puts me off.
Just wait for a playthrough/cutscenes to be uploaded to youtube, there is no value in actually "playing" this "game". I can only hope at some point they realise what a terrible fucking idea this was and retool the worthwhile content into something that people who don't like wasting money can enjoy.

Just wait for a playthrough/cutscenes to be uploaded to youtube, there is no value in actually "playing" this "game". I can only hope at some point they realise what a terrible fucking idea this was and retool the worthwhile content into something that people who don't like wasting money can enjoy.
I can definitely see this being turned into a “World of FF7 - pocket edition” at some point

Back
Top Bottom