• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Film Chat |ST| What's Your Favorite Acting Turn?

I saw Bad Boys 4 and surprisingly enjoyed. I haven’t watched any of the other ones and not really into those kind of action movies but it won me over fast. Thinking if I should watch the others one.

60c88481-5d8f-43d2-8fee-290fa617168d_text.gif

Bad Boys - Ride or Die (2024) - I loved this. A very fun time at the theater. It has a more coherent emotional throughline akin to 3 but it is also popping the heck off in action, much like 2. Somewhat the directors have managed to come closer than ever to Bay's bombastic, chaotic messy direction, but they also can make you care for those characters on a deeper level than "they got each other's back, nice friends"

No Country For Old Men (2007) - This one is bleak. Stunning visuals, and a lot of hard-hitting and fascinating characters, Anton being top of the list of course. The "call it" scene had me losing my mind (it's maybe the best movie scene ever). As deeply disturbing and scary his presence is, and how atrocious his actions are, he lives by a certain code, which is fascinating.

No Country For Old Men (2007) - This one is bleak. Stunning visuals, and a lot of hard-hitting and fascinating characters, Anton being top of the list of course. The "call it" scene had me losing my mind (it's maybe the best movie scene ever). As deeply disturbing and scary his presence is, and how atrocious his actions are, he lives by a certain code, which is fascinating.
No Country still has maybe my favorite ending of all time. I remember sitting stunned in the theater afterward.
My dad and I still quote Chigurh's lines at each other all the time. Fantastic movie with a modern icon of a villain.

Hell, I did a photoshop of DK as Chigurh in one of the other threads the other day.

Saw the Haikyu!! It was neat, I guess. Really only went because my wanted to go, and he can't drive, plus I have A-List
Can you see the movie without knowing anything about the original manga/anime or do you think it’s required?

Just caught Bad Boys 4 and omg

Khaby Lame has a cameo, and yes, he shrugs.

And it comes right after a cameo from Michael Bay driving the classic Porsche from the first movie. What the hell yall. 🤣

big fan of DJ Khalid showing up and getting set on fire and crushed between two cars almost immediately
. . . actually yeah

I was too irritated about his presence to stop and appreciate how they did him, but in hindsight that was good shit 🤣

Also as awkward as it was to sit through the scene next to my dad, I enjoyed the energy Tiffany Haddish brought. 😅

I thought Inside Out 2 had already hit theaters here, so I planned my Sunday around watching it only to then discover it'll only come out on Thursday. I was so disappointed.

I Saw The TV Glow rules

And very clearly inspired by someone who grew up watching Buffy, which is interesting as someone who watched it for the first time last year

I watched Inside Out 2 yesterday. Based on the more lukewarm reception from critics the movie is getting in relation to its prequel, I wasn't expecting much, but holy crap! What a movie!

Pixar absolutely nailed this one. It leaves nothing to be desired when compared to the original.

Back
Top Bottom