• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO Fighter's History (SNES), Kirby's Avalanche (SNES) and DAIVA STORY 6: IMPERIAL OF NISARTIA (NES) are now available on NSO

Given that SNES NSO already has Super Puyo Puyo 2, they really should have just given us Kirby's Star Stacker, too.

I love the random/smaller games that come out for NES with all the rewind features to get around the difficulty. Take 20 minutes to an hour, get a flavor for everything, and don't need a huge time commitment. That's something you can't do with N64, and even a lot of SNES games. Just lets you be a tourist for games you never got to experience.

I wonder Fighter's History is the last one of the G-Mode Data East titles. They have brought whatever they have to the platform, kudos to them. And Marvelous.

Look, it's the Lawsuit game! I remember reading magazine articles about the lawsuit between Capcom and Data East.

Daiva is a super deep cut pick.

D4 Enterprise joining the license list is kinda big, they own a ton of IP from defunct companies (Compile, Bothtec, T&E Soft, Xtalsoft, Hummingbird Soft, Carry Lab, Produce, System Sacom, etc, etc). I wonder if MSX is a real possibility now as a platform too?

Yes! I love Kirby’s Avalanche! I didn’t know it growing up, but it was my first Puyo Puyo game. Excited to replay it :)

Excited for kirbys avalanche, but nintendo knows what we want lol

bowser-tears.gif

Kirby's Avalanche is one of the few SNES games I actually own, but I'm pretty excited to play it on Switch

I actually have Kirby’s Avalanche, one of the very few SNES games I own. I bought it back in the day thinking it was a ”real” Kirby game and was pretty disappointed when i found out it was a puzzler.

Kinda disappointed with Kirby until I played the Japanese version. That version is so much better

Honestly, nice surprise to see more SNES/NES NSO updates, but Fighter's History and another Puyo Puyo reskin game was rather underwhelming.

I know I know, they are 'free' in the sense that I'm already paying $25 cdn a year for it, but genre variety is really lacking. I would have preferred more driving games or strategy just to spice things up a bit. Jaleco had some nice games on SNES, but we keep getting the least popular stuff.

You know what would be great to add? Top Gear 1, 2 or 3000 or all of them. Or how about Chase HQ from Taito

I felt that Kirby Star Stacker would be a more preferable addition because that is the game that is stuck in Japan. I don't believe that its language barrier would be too bad for the type of game it is. Kirby's Avalanche might sound like a better deal but I felt it does not fit Kirby in any way, since the series and Puyo Puyo never acknowledge this game at all (both Puyo Puyo and Kirby loves to showcase/reference their past games, so the absence is very notable).

Thank you for reading.

Honestly, nice surprise to see more SNES/NES NSO updates, but Fighter's History and another Puyo Puyo reskin game was rather underwhelming.

I know I know, they are 'free' in the sense that I'm already paying $25 cdn a year for it, but genre variety is really lacking. I would have preferred more driving games or strategy just to spice things up a bit. Jaleco had some nice games on SNES, but we keep getting the least popular stuff.

You know what would be great to add? Top Gear 1, 2 or 3000 or all of them. Or how about Chase HQ from Taito

Piko might eventually add Top Gear 1 or 2 as "Top Racer". Taito seems a no go since there isn't anything from them on NSO. Definitely would be nice if D4 Enterprise dropped Zanac on us or even Super Hydlide for the Genesis.

Just assume Taito is off-limits by virtue of being a Square Enix subsidiary. If we can't even get Super Mario RPG my hopes are zero for anything else.

It's interesting that Kirby's Avalanche doesn't have a SEGA copyright anywhere on its rerelease, despite being just Puyo Puyo.. SEGA themselves were actually the ones that published Super Puyo Puyo 2 on NSO, so they do retroact control the Compile games before the merge.

It's interesting that Kirby's Avalanche doesn't have a SEGA copyright anywhere on its rerelease, despite being just Puyo Puyo.. SEGA themselves were actually the ones that published Super Puyo Puyo 2 on NSO, so they do retroact control the Compile games before the merge.

They only ever list the publisher on the NSO menu screen, not the developer. Nintendo would still be the publisher of Kirby's Avalanche (as was also the case with its original SNES release), even if they had to pay SEGA for the rights to re-release this game (same thing as with Super Mario RPG).

Very interesting that Kirby's Avalanche has only just been re-released for the first time ever here. One of the perks of the SEGA NSO licensing deal I suppose.

Very interesting that Kirby's Avalanche has only just been re-released for the first time ever here. One of the perks of the SEGA NSO licensing deal I suppose.
This isn’t its first rerelease; it also released on Wii Virtual Console outside of Japan! Not on Wii U or New 3DS, though.

Back
Top Bottom