• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sales Data Famitsu Sales: Week 5, 2024 (Jan. 29-Feb. 04)

www-famitsu-com.translate.goog

【ソフト&ハード週間販売数】世界100万本突破の『ペルソナ3 リロード』が首位スタート! 『グラブル リリンク』『呪術廻戦 戦華双乱』もトップ10入り【1/29~2/4】 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

ファミ通発表の売上ランキング。今回は2024年1月29日~2月4日のゲームソフト&ハード週間推定販売数まとめをお届け。
www-famitsu-com.translate.goog
www-famitsu-com.translate

[Software & Hardware Weekly Sales] “Persona 3 Reload”, which has sold over 1 million copies worldwide, starts at number one! “Granblue Fantasy Relink” and “Jujutsu Kaisen Senka Soran” are also in the top 10 [1/29- 2/4]​

Sales ranking announced by Famitsu. This time we bring you a summary of estimated weekly game software and hardware sales from January 29th to February 4th, 2024.

This week's ranking shows that out of the top 10 the top 5 titles are first-time titles (3 titles if counted by model). Among them the Playstation 5 version of Persona 3 Reload took first place . This work is a full remake of Persona 3 one of the most popular titles in the series and it is on the latest console. The PlayStation 4 version also ranks third.

According to the manufacturer's announcement, the cumulative worldwide sales of this work (package version shipments + download version sales) exceeded 1 million copies in the first week of release which is the fastest ever for an Atlus title.

Next in second and fifth place were the PS5 and PS4 versions of Granblue Fantasy Relink . This work is an action RPG based on the classic fantasy RPG "Granblue Fantasy" and both versions have sold 70,837 copies.

In fourth place was Jujutsu Kaisen Senka Soran, an action game based on the TV anime Jujutsu Kaisen which also got off to a strong start.

Famitsu Sales: Week 5, 2024 (Jan 29 - Feb 04)​

Software​

1st PS5 Persona 3 Reload
76,368 (total 76,368) New / Atlas / February 2, 2024

2nd PS5 Granblue Fantasy Relink
48,754 (total 48,754) New / Cygames / February 1, 2024

3rd PS4 Persona 3 Reload
40,024 (total 40,024) New / Atlas / February 2, 2024

4th Switch Jujutsu Kaisen Senka Soran
25,242 (total 25,242) New / Bandai Namco Entertainment / February 1, 2024

5th PS4 Granblue Fantasy Relink
22,083 (total 22,083) New / Cygames / February 1, 2024

6th Switch Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wind 6 Toguro Island Exploration Record
18,103 (total 103,527) -79% / Spike Chunsoft / January 25, 2024

7th PS4 Ryu ga Gotoku 8
16,503 (total 93,637) -79% / Sega / January 26, 2024

8th PS5 Ryu ga Gotoku 8
15,388 (total 118,328) -85% / Sega / January 26, 2024

9th Switch Super Mario Bros. Wonder
14,140 (total 1,715,110) +4% / Nintendo / October 20, 2023

10th Switch Momotaro Dentetsu World: Electric Railway ~The earth revolves around hope! ~
11,464 (total 960,282) -4% / KONAMI / November 16, 2023

Hardware sales volume​

• Switch - 4,171 (total 19,714,895)
  • Switch Lite - 7,376 (total 5,729,137)
  • Switch Oled - 30,419 (total 6,625,872)
  • PS5 - 27,066 (total 4,474,632)
  • PS5 DE - 7,418 (total 710,189)
  • Xbox Series X - 1,564 (total 251,045)
  • Xbox Series S - 1,613 (total 299,893)
  • PS4 - 605 (total 7,918,515)
  • New Nintendo 2DS LL - 12 (total 1,192,813)

LIx8EQh.png

Last edited:
Damn those Persona 3 numbers are rough. I bet it won't even do 250k worldwide without Switch. Sad times for Atlus and Sega.

Persona is now much bigger oversea's than in Japan, Persona 5 & Pesona 5 Royal changed everything.
Persona 4, Persona 4 the Animé, Persona 4 the Golden, Persona 4 Arena, Persona Q and Persona 4 the Golden Animé walked so future Persona could run~ 🤪

Damn those Persona 3 numbers are rough. I bet it won't even do 250k worldwide without Switch. Sad times for Atlus and Sega.
I understand you are trolling, but what's your point exactly - that the game would've done worse if it was also on Switch? That the game was successful without a Switch version so it isn't necesarry?

Terrible performance for Persona 3 Reload in Japan, but that's simply been the lot of Playstation releases for the past few years. At least overseas markets did some heavy lifting.

Hmm, I suppose Switch will stabilize at around 40,000 a week until a new major release hits. Which isn't a bad place to be at, all things considered.

Terrible performance for Persona 3 Reload in Japan, but that's simply been the lot of Playstation releases for the past few years. At least overseas markets did some heavy lifting.
Can’t wait for someone to make a video about: Will Atlus Westernize Persona? 🤣

Hmm, I suppose Switch will stabilize at around 40,000 a week until a new major release hits. Which isn't a bad place to be at, all things considered.
At that pace, it would sell 2 million in Japan in a year (a rough estimation)

I gave up making sense of PS5 hardware, but definitely expected better with Persona 3 Reload.

FWIW, original original P3 on PS2 started at 127K on a userbase of 18+ million. Though I recognize the series is in a very different place today.

pretty good hold for switch. ps5 HW and SW continues to be dumbfounding; will be interesting to see what FFVIIR week is like.

I understand you are trolling, but what's your point exactly - that the game would've done worse if it was also on Switch? That the game was successful without a Switch version so it isn't necesarry?
You answered yourself. There's no point, just trolling.

Persona 3 Reload sales feel like a harbinger of how FF VII R-2 is going to look in a couple weeks 😬

It's also interesting looking at the differences in the PS4 vs PS5 numbers for LAD8 and P3R. I'm wondering if PS4 buyers are taking longer to pick things up? It's curious that LAD 8 is almost a 50-50 split after a couple weeks while P3R PS5 has a 30k unit lead at launch.

Can’t wait for Persona 3 Reload Definitive Edition/Blue
I suspect that's the plan. Switch is oversaturated with JRPGs right now. Sega can afford to wait 6-9 months and drop the game on Switch 2 when there's going to be a lot less competition for lengthy RPG to play on your new kit, much like what happened with P4 Golden on the Vita.

It’s the official Atlus account.
How do we know that's the real account? The chart in the OT says "Atlas" not "Atlus". That Xit seems sus. 🙃

Persona is now much bigger oversea's than in Japan, Persona 5 & Pesona 5 Royal changed everything.
How were Golden's sales in JP vs. WW? I've always thought Golden was the inflection point and P5 blew up because of the audience that Golden cultivated.

I suspect that's the plan. Switch is oversaturated with JRPGs right now. Sega can afford to wait 6-9 months and drop the game on Switch 2 when there's going to be a lot less competition for lengthy RPG to play on your new kit, much like what happened with P4 Golden on the Vita.
This is a very good point!

There is a possibility, as of today, that FF7 Rebirth will open at or lower than 16.
I’d like to be proven wrong, but I don’t think Rebirth will do equal or worse than FFXVI

I’d like to be proven wrong, but I don’t think Rebirth will do equal or worse than FFXVI
Overall I think it will do better, it should its FF7, but opening numbers on famitsu are currently trending a bit below FF16. Now that the demo is out, it should bolster things but we shall see on March 7th

Overall I think it will do better, it should its FF7, but opening numbers on famitsu are currently trending a bit below FF16.
This makes sense. It's a follow-up to a game that was some level of divisive. You're naturally going to lose some of the audience in the transition because of that and it's a sequel.

Same thing happened with BotW -> TotK.

Sony won't care. They've essentially ceded Japan as somewhere not as worth the focus as the western markets. They'll sell what they can there, but all business decisions will primarily be made with other markets in mind.
I still think this is going to hurt them in the long run, particularly with the local third party developers. Gonna be hard to attract interest from local developers to work on games for Sony’s platforms if no one wants to own them.

given how long games take and how powerful the PS5 is, I don't think PS5 is dying anytime soon. even after the PS6
This. Somewhat related, I still find the whole discussion about a PS5 Pro this year to be incredibly weird. It used to be that by the 4th year you start to hear rumblings of a new system not a hardware refresh.

PS5 is going to be a long haul.

Japanese developers will stay as long as there is a market as we currently see w/PS4. If PS6 sw struggles as hard or worse then PS5 will be around for a long time.

Sony won't care. They've essentially ceded Japan as somewhere not as worth the focus as the western markets. They'll sell what they can there, but all business decisions will primarily be made with other markets in mind.
you are right that it's blatantly obvious they've abandoned japan as a market with the obvious western focus and the price hike but lots of people are still paddling in the nile river with regards to sony's japanese strategy. "fastest selling ps console since the ps2" will get thrown around as a defense as the software numbers worsen and the switch 2 wipes out any chance of a comeback. don't think we'll see a full blown pullout just a moribund console that exists for the sake of appearances.

Back
Top Bottom