• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Famitsu Sales: Week 47, 2023 (Nov. 13-19)

Switch hardware sales not looking too good though when compared to previous years as we enter the holiday season. If it continues (especially globally) it will be very bad for Nintendo.
They don’t look good, but good enough for a console in its seventh year on the market, plus outselling a younger, more powerful competitor that just had a refresh

It's still baffling that they didn't develop a Switch version day one for P3R.
It wouldnt surprise me if they release a Switch 2 version.

Or Atlus honestly believes that enhanced versions would actually work better instead of the original release

It wouldnt surprise me if they release a Switch 2 version.

Or Atlus honestly believes that enhanced versions would actually work better instead of the original release
I don't really see the benefit in that. are they trying to catch that new console high? for persona?

it's just easier for me to believe the leads at atlus don't care to support Nintendo systems

SE tends to have unrealistic expectations anyway. I think it’s fair to say FF16 didn’t set the world on fire; however I would hesitate to say it outright flopped. Forespoken I feel is also in that gray area. Babylon’s Fall is the only one I’d say was a sales failure.
The most one can say about FF16 is being an underperformance rather than a flop. However it should be a wake up call for upper management about several of their practices & seemingly why they cannot reach the heights of say 15 currently.

The game probably could run on switch, but atlus is probably focused on bringing the game to the switch 2, and are ignoring the first switch
I used to think this was likely the case, but then I remembered that there's a highly likelihood that there will be backwards compatibility with the new system. In which case, a Switch release would get them access to the 140m install base + the future Switch Next customers.

If Atlus is in the business of making more money, a Switch launch would seem to make sense. If they don't care that much about making money, then I don't see why they'd decide a Switch Next release was a good idea. They seem happy with PlayStation + GamePass money.

The P5T switch version outperforming the PS5 version by 1.5 is quite funny given that the series has long been tied to the Playstation ecosystem. It's still baffling that they didn't develop a Switch version day one for P3R.
It's a fun and colorful srpg. Well deserved.

I am also happy for Ryu Ga Gotoku studio. Still selling well, and worldwide sales are good too.

Awesome, awesome numbers for SMRPG. Easily the best out of any Mario RPG game counting digital, hopefully cementing the future the franchise.

Nintendo probably wants Atlus to release their games on Switch 2 and skip Switch 1, basically the more games Switch 2 has that Switch 1 doesn't have access to the faster people will upgrade from Switch to Switch 2, that includes first party titles as well as third party titles like Persona 3R.

Nintendo probably wants Atlus to release their games on Switch 2 and skip Switch 1, basically the more games Switch 2 has that Switch 1 doesn't have access to the faster people will upgrade from Switch to Switch 2, that includes first party titles as well as third party titles like Persona 3R.
Nintendo gets paid regardless, so I don't think they care where it gets released

If this is the strategy at hand then it just reminds me of DSR or Rayman Legends. Wasted opportunities & potential for little pay off.

the game isn't tracking well in places we have numbers for
Oh, then it's a shame. I'm playing it right now, and it is fun. It uses Persona mechanics in a smart way for an srpg. It does feel lower budget than Persona 5, Persona 5 Royal and Persona 5 Strikers though. Chibi characters and so far easy battles, makes it feel like "my first srpg" in a way too. But I don't mind.

P5T will probably make its money back, but from the looks of things, I can't say it's a success in any stretch. I'm not sure what Atlus was expecting with this

I hope TTYD does well but I don’t anticipate it will sell as much as TOK or the SMRPG remake. Probably in the range of 2.5 million.

Back
Top Bottom