• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Famitsu Sales: Week 47, 2023 (Nov. 13-19)

Credit: Chris1964

Famitsu Sales: Week 47, 2023 (Nov 13 - Nov 19)

01./00. [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu World: Chikyuu wa Kibou de Mawatteru! <TBL> (Konami) {2023.11.16} (¥6.300) - 314.699 / NEW
02./00. [NSW] Super Mario RPG <RPG> (Nintendo) {2023.11.17} (¥5.980) - 301.334 / NEW
03./01. [NSW] Super Mario Bros. Wonder <ACT> (Nintendo) {2023.10.20} (¥5.980) - 50.545 / 1.025.821 (-22%)
04./00. [NSW] Hogwarts Legacy # <RPG> (WB Games) {2023.11.14} (¥7.980) - 47.717 / NEW
05./00. [NSW] Persona 5 Tactica <SLG> (Atlus) {2023.11.17} (¥7.200) - 26.794 / NEW
06./00. [PS5] Persona 5 Tactica <SLG> (Atlus) {2023.11.17} (¥7.200) - 15.713 / NEW
07./03. [PS4] Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name <ADV> (Sega) {2023.11.09} (¥5.400) - 11.535 / 71.669 (-81%)
08./05. [NSW] WarioWare: Move It! <ETC> (Nintendo) {2023.11.03} (¥4.980) - 10.487 / 53.411 (-21%)
09./00. [NSW] Naruto x Boruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections <FTG> (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2023.11.16} (¥7.600) - 9.004 / NEW
10./02. [PS5] Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name <ADV> (Sega) {2023.11.09} (¥5.400) - 8.812 / 72.131 (-86%)

Top 10

NSW - 7
PS5 - 2
PS4 - 1

HARDWARE

Jf1NQPc.jpg

Japan loves their peach boy. Jesus just look at the first week sales! Together with Mario RPG they make more than 600k physical sales in one week!

Nintendo would be crazy to not make a sequel to Mario RPG, it sold almost exactly as much as FFXVI did In Japan for a fraction of the cost it took to make the game, so basically Mario RPG sells as a FF game for a small budget. Insane profits to make Mario RPGs sequels in the future.

Just out of curiosity, what is Momotaro Dentetsu World?

And yeah, solid decision making on the SM RPG remake. Not my cup of tea but there’s clearly interest there

Nintendo would be crazy to not make a sequel to Mario RPG, it sold almost exactly as much as FFXVI did In Japan for a fraction of the cost it took to make the game, so basically Mario RPG sells as a FF game for a small budget. Insane profits to make Mario RPGs sequels in the future.
Judging by what Nintendo told Ubisoft, it’s possible we might get an iteration of a Mario spinoff per generation. So there’s some chance that a SMRPG could come out, but that’s more of an endeavor than remaking a game, seeing as how the source material is there. You just add a graphical lift up, some QoL changes here and there and call it a day.

A sequel would require writing, see where the story could go and any gameplay additions to add layer to the base game

Even without digital sales, that's the biggest Mario RPG launch in Japan by a fair distance. I think Bowser's Inside Story was about 200k.

Be interesting to see how this does internationally. Could be a really solid hit for Nintendo.

Even without digital sales, that's the biggest Mario RPG launch in Japan by a fair distance. I think Bowser's Inside Story was about 200k.
According to Game Data Library the original was a little higher (EDIT: obviously still not considering digital) at 336K. Bowser's at 220 was the biggest between then and now.

First week sales of the original Mario RPG, for comparison:
472802c271c50c65b22fb79c59136dc1.png

Damn, the remake sold around 90% of what the original did in its first week. Mario RPG's just too good.

First week sales of the original Mario RPG, for comparison:
472802c271c50c65b22fb79c59136dc1.png

Damn, the remake sold around 90% of what the original did in its first week. Mario RPG's just too good.
Btw, remake doesn't include digital numbers. So it definitely sold more than the original release.

Why cant we have a famitsu equivalent in the states that chronicles game sales weekly? That would make calculating sales data so much easier

Momotaro seems to be doing quite well even though it's the second title in the series to launch on Switch (first game launched with 345k+).

Switch hardware sales not looking too good though when compared to previous years as we enter the holiday season. If it continues (especially globally) it will be very bad for Nintendo.

The P5T switch version outperforming the PS5 version by 1.5 is quite funny given that the series has long been tied to the Playstation ecosystem. It's still baffling that they didn't develop a Switch version day one for P3R.
I’m not sure the switch could handle P3R lol. It’s probably being developed for switch 2, atlus can’t be dumb enough to ignore the switch ecosystem anymore. (Come back to this post when Persona 6 is a permanent PS6 exclusive)

I knew the yohane game was gonna bomb when the premium editions were still available after it released

The P5T switch version outperforming the PS5 version by 1.5 is quite funny given that the series has long been tied to the Playstation ecosystem. It's still baffling that they didn't develop a Switch version day one for P3R.
Many people seems to believe Atlus will not even release games like P3R on Switch 2, that would be crazy if true though.

RPG starting strong makes me happy. Hope it legs are decent and it does really well worldwide. I’m really hoping for a sequel.

I mean, tactica is closest to persona q 1/2 in design, which were already Nintendo exclusives, so it's not the most surprising thing.

I’ve been wanting a sequel to Super Mario RPG since I was very young and I feel we are now closer to that happening than ever before thanks to these sales numbers.

I’m not sure the switch could handle P3R lol. It’s probably being developed for switch 2, atlus can’t be dumb enough to ignore the switch ecosystem anymore. (Come back to this post when Persona 6 is a permanent PS6 exclusive)
Atlus absolutely can ignore the system. It would have to be Sega that forces their hand w/an outside studio as we saw for the other Persona ports. I’m not really sure what P3R is doing that would make Switch unable to handle it.

Y’all better get ready for the Geno brigade because they’re gonna be coming in hot next Smash speculation cycle.
Honestly, I have a feeling geno fans will calm down a bit next speculation cycle. We got something better the a single character in smash with the remake, so we already kinda reached the goal. Geno being in smash would really just be the Cherry on top if anything

Geno can get in as a rep from SMRPG and Mallow can get in as a rep from SMRPG 2

Although looking at these sales... we might want to consider the possibility of Momotaro riding a train making it into the next Smash Bros

That series has absolutely exploded apparently

Back
Top Bottom