• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sales Data Famitsu Sales: Week 13, 2024 (Mar. 25-31)

www-famitsu-com.translate.goog

【ソフト&ハード週間販売数】『プリンセスピーチ』がV2! 好調な『ドラゴンズドグマ 2』、『ウイニングポスト10 2024』もトップ10入り【3/25~3/31】 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

ファミ通発表の売上ランキング。今回は2024年3月25日~3月31日のゲームソフト&ハード週間推定販売数まとめをお届け。​

www-famitsu-com.translate.goog
www-famitsu-com.​

[Software & Hardware Weekly Sales] "Princess Peach" V2! “Dragon's Dogma 2” and “Winning Post 10 2024” are also in the top 10 [3/25-3/31]​

Sales ranking announced by Famitsu. This time, we bring you a summary of estimated weekly game software and hardware sales from March 25th to March 31st, 2024.

Princess Peach Showtime! sold 27,258 units and took the top spot for two weeks in a row. Cumulative sales have exceeded 100,000 units, and we can expect continued sales in the future.

Next was Rise of the Ronin in 2nd place and Dragon's Dogma 2 in 5th place, titles in their second week of release steadily increasing sales and staying at the top of the ranking. In particular Dragon's Dogma 2 has sold 2.5 million copies worldwide and the series has sold over 10 million units according to the manufacturer's announcement.

Meanwhile, among new titles, the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 5 versions of the horse racing simulation game Winning Post 10 2024 ranked 3rd and 7th respectively. Cumulative sales of both versions are 19,578 units.

Famitsu Sales: Week 13, 2024 (Mar 25 - Mar 31)​

Software​

1st Switch Princess Peach Showtime!
27,258 (total 104,820) -65% / Nintendo / March 22, 2024

2nd PS5 Rise of the Ronin
20,139 (total 84,785) -69% / Sony Interactive Entertainment / March 22, 2024

3rd Switch Winning Post 10 2024
12,845 (total 12,845) New / Koei Tecmo Games / March 28, 2024

4th Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
10,432 (total 5,768,608) +12% / Nintendo / April 28, 2017

5th PS5 Dragon's Dogma 2
9,172 (total 77,764) -87% / Capcom / March 22, 2024

6th Switch Super Mario Bros. Wonder
8,163 (total 1,803,747) +1% / Nintendo / October 20, 2023

7th PS5 Winning Post 10 2024
6,733 (total 6,733) New / Koei Tecmo Games / March 28, 2024

8th Switch Minecraft
6,618 (total 3,483,557) +1% / Microsoft Japan / June 21, 2018

9th Switch Animal Crossing: New Horizons
6,411 (total 7,729,183) +4% / Nintendo / March 20, 2020

10th Switch Splatoon 3
6,172 (total 4,264,330) -3% / Nintendo / September 9, 2022

Hardware​

• Switch - 6,274 (total 19,755,912)
  • Switch Lite - 8,302 (total 5,793,705)
  • Switch Oled - 42,957 (total 6,958,780)
  • PS5 - 18,272 - (total 4,713,002)
  • PS5 DE - 2,574 (total 746,561)
  • Xbox Series X - 938 (total 262,674)
  • Xbox Series S - 438 (total 306,446)
  • PS4 - 679 (total 7,925,339)
  • New Nintendo 2DS LL - 6 (total 1,192,906)

fLOhqon.png

Last edited:
Wonder what Golden Week will look like. This is going to be interesting.

Ouch. FF7 is out of the top ten. Seems like SE has to adjust its strategy.
I think this is fairly typical of RPGs. XVI didn’t last in the top 10 past a month, and Unicorn Overlord is already off the chart. DD2 will probably be out of the top 10 in about two weeks.

Do we have sells info on rebirth in different region? Because I’m genuinely curious how it’s doing in different market, meanwhile DD2 has sold a total of 2.5 million, which is pretty good for a a sequel of a niche game.

Do we have sells info on rebirth in different region? Because I’m genuinely curious how it’s doing in different market, meanwhile DD2 has sold a total of 2.5 million, which is pretty good for a a sequel of a niche game.
We have a few numbers (or ranges) in some markets but nothing terribly useful:

Unless Square-Enix comes out with a PR statement to announce a sales milestone we're going to continue tapping in the dark.

So is Sony just not shipping systems to the region again?
ps5 are fully available in japan, the console is just not that popular and it's really expensive now to combat exporting, a ps5 in japan costs double the amount of a normal switch. Ps5 is now a non factor in japan and pretty much every game on the system will suffer in japan because of it.

Switch continuing to outpace 2018 sales is interesting. I wonder how long that will hold.
This is wild considering how little games we have going and how little in the horizon we have.

2018 at least had a great handful of titles both in first party and third party. And it had the lead up to smash. 2024 has had far less titles than any other year for Switch, and it's still kicking. That back catalogue is so strong.

niche game that sold 7.2 million copies.

Capcom ... is NOT BACK

walter-white-falling.gif

We have a few numbers (or ranges) in some markets but nothing terribly useful:

Unless Square-Enix comes out with a PR statement to announce a sales milestone we're going to continue tapping in the dark.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but iirc Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth had a -5% less digital ratio than XVI in the U.K. So it's about a 5-6% increase for Rebirth. Could be talking out of my ass tho.

Edit: Tried to look it up, couldn't find it. I did see math done based on Rebirth's second week drop in the U.K., which was pretty huge, that it was barely above XVI at that point.

Rebirth's sales are probably fine as long as Square was expecting something more like XVI. For fans that thought it was going to blow it out of the water, that seems to be a no. Maybe in the U.S. it's possible but unlikely.

Last edited:
Pretty crazy that the PS5 is having its best string of releases in a while and the Switch appears to be pulling away more each week.
That was crazy the first few weeks this happened some years ago, but we already had many weeks like this where PS5 had big game releases and Switch sold a lot and PS5 sold very low numbers.

It is clear now that people in Japan have almost no interest in PS5 and it's games. No new release can change this, even big japanese games did not change this and games like Ronin or the infamous DD2 have no chance of change this anyway.

That was crazy the first few weeks this happened some years ago, but we already had many weeks like this where PS5 had big game releases and Switch sold a lot and PS5 sold very low numbers.

It is clear now that people in Japan have almost no interest in PS5 and it's games. No new release can change this, even big japanese games did not change this and games like Ronin or the infamous DD2 have no chance of change this anyway.
I disagree that nothing can change PS5's sales. It would just take years to fix the problem just as it took years to get to where we are now.

They need to lower the price of the hardware. Next, they need more simple arcade games that cost less to produce. Their software is too saturated with older skewing "cinematic" software. It's all very samey to the mass market. There isn't anything on PS5 that will hook in new customers who haven't been playing linear story driven titles for decades now.

That would take years as it would require SIE to invest in first parties that could make a Switch Sports competitor or a Princess Peach or Animal Crossing competitor. The large Japanese third party publishers that Sony pays money for exclusivity deals certainly won't do that as their middle managers only want to make huge budget titles with fancy graphics and lots of cutscenes. Also make sure there are no MTX like how Square kneecapped Foamstars and its cart racer by putting in so many MTX that it became repulsive to the expanded audience.

No need to make a hybrid console or handheld or whatever as the hardware isn't the problem outside of the price. The problem is the lack of diversity in its software. It took years for SIE to lose all the non "cinematic" games and it'll take years for them to expand their software library back to the PS2 days with something for everyone.

I asked this last week, but got no answers, so I'll give it another shot because I'm really curious: how do these Peach sales compare to those of other Nintendo franchises?

Last year when people were saying switch sales would saturate in 2024 care to explain this anomaly?
Where’s that saturation?
Serious question

I asked this last week, but got no answers, so I'll give it another shot because I'm really curious: how do these Peach sales compare to those of other Nintendo franchises?
it's a mid-tier title. it's sitting between 1,2 Switch and Mario Golf Super Rush, and Mario Kart Home Circuit and Miitopia in launch week sales

of the Good Feel games, it's second behind Kirby's Epic Yarn

it's a mid-tier title. it's sitting between 1,2 Switch and Mario Golf Super Rush, and Mario Kart Home Circuit and Miitopia in launch week sales

of the Good Feel games, it's second behind Kirby's Epic Yarn
Thanks! I thought it would do better than that, but at the same time it sounds good enough.

Back
Top Bottom