• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Famicritic |ST| Our own review aggregator! (Third batch up, GOTY edition!))

Review index
  • Review Index
    Alan Wake 2: 80 (3 reviews)
    Baldur's Gate 3: 100 (2 reviews)
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses: 83 (12 reviews)
    Kirby and the Forgotten Land: 88 (10 reviews)
    The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: 86 (26 reviews)
    Marvel's Spider-Man 2: 80 (4 reviews)
    Metroid Dread: 85 (23 reviews)
    Monster Hunter Rise: 89 (9 reviews)
    Pikmin 4: 89 (16 reviews)
    Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet: 64 (9 reviews)
    Resident Evil 4: 95 (4 reviews)
    Super Mario 64: 80 (15 reviews)
    Super Mario Bros. Wonder: 89 (13 reviews)
    Super Smash Bros. Melee: 88 (8 reviews)
    Xenoblade Chronicles 3: 71 (14 reviews)

Last edited:
    First batch of games to review
  • Here are the first batch of games to review! Reviews must be in by October 3rd, 2023, at 12PM Eastern Time (US).
    The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
    Pikmin 4
    Xenoblade Chronicles 3
    Metroid Dread
    Super Mario 64

Second batch of games to review
  • Here is the second batch of games to review! Reviews must be in by October 18th, 2023, at 7pm Eastern (US) time.
    Kirby and the Forgotten Land
    Pokémon Scarlet
    and Pokémon Violet
    Monster Hunter Rise
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    Super Smash Bros. Melee

Quick update
  • Just a quick heads up: I've updated the OP to add a couple of new rules. The new rules are as follows:
    • Please use one review post per batch of games. This is for ease of collating. You are welcome to do one at a time and edit your post later.
    • Please use ⭐️ star emojis for your review scores, rather than numerically writing the score. This is for visibility when I'm collating. Also, please don't include ⭐️ star emojis anywhere else in your review, such as giving additional ratings to DLC. It just makes it confusing.
    These shouldn't be too onerous, but will make my job a hell of a lot easier. I've also added a few suggestions to the OP, which are not hard rules, just something to consider when writing reviews:
    • Base your score on your review, not the other way around. Your score should seem like a logical conclusion to someone who has read your review.
    • Generally, I would discourage using a different scale and then converting (and I would especially discourage explicitly mentioning you're doing this in your review). Due to the more spread out scale we have here, we're likely to end up with scores that trend lower than what you'd typically see on Metacritic or Opencritic, and that's okay!
    • Don't fixate! Your review should be a holistic appraisal of the game, not a rant on one particular aspect you hated.
    I'm also going to start updating the title when we have a new batch and include the deadline, hopefully no one else misses out!

Third batch of games - GOTY edition
  • Apologies for the delay everyone. I think this thread probably works better as a less frequent thread, so people feel like it's more of an event and we get more participation. That said, part of it was me having other stuff going on and not having time to do this, so I apologize for not at least communicating.

Here is the third batch of games to review, and this time it's Game of the Year edition! That's right, this time we will be reviewing all of the TGA nominations for GOTY (except TOTK, which we already did).

I'm going to allow more time this round. Some of the games are relatively new, so I want people to have as much time to play them as possible. So with that in mind, reviews must be in by December 7th, 2023, at 7pm Eastern (US) time. That's just in time for TGA!

Alan Wake 2
    Baldur's Gate 3
    Marvel's Spider-Man 2
    Resident Evil 4
    Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Back
    Top Bottom