• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Famicom 40th Anniversary Official Website opens

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
She/They
As announced in last month's Nintendo Direct, the Famicom 40th Anniversary celebration begins today with the opening of the official celebration site! Pretty abnormal to see Nintendo active on the weekend, but clearly they wanted this to drop on the anniversary date no matter what:

The site will be updated frequently over the next year; with a video series featuring toy store managers discussing the Famicom, user surveys and quizes, additional years on the History page, pages for each individual first-party Famicom title, and more. The first installment of the video series can be viewed below:

An official Twitter acocunt has also opened alongside the site:

Last edited:
I think we see an announcement of something Famicom related soon or in the (hopefully) September Direct.

Official Magazine Article
This season's installment of the official Nintendo Magazine has an article on Famicom! There's some other nice pages in there but for this thread i'm posting that section:

30.jpg
31.jpg

32.jpg
33.jpg

34.jpg
35.jpg

Wtf. Did they steal part of the Famiboards name, or is it just an unfortunate coincidence?

oh my hecking god they acknowledged Time Twist on that website

i never thought i'd see the day

I’m morbidly curious about what they’ll put on the game’s individual page. Seems like it’ll be awhile away given they’ve only started at 1983.

Speaking of, people should check out the currently available pages! Way more in-depth than I expected them to cover each game.

I’m morbidly curious about what they’ll put on the game’s individual page. Seems like it’ll be awhile away given they’ve only started at 1983.

Speaking of, people should check out the currently available pages! Way more in-depth than I expected them to cover each game.

like looking at this F-1 Race and some Tetris games are there despite external licenses, but popeye is fully MIA. it's just wild what they acknowledged and didn't. I swore time twist would be the first to be excluded, next to Popeye

Wonder if Glory of Herakles will show up with the history of the series and Nintendo’s bond with Paon

It’s not in the first-party software section (naturally, not a first-party game), but maybe the first one will show up on the general history page with the other third party games when they get to 1987.

Where's Mysterious Murasame Castle? You can't have a Famicom celebration without that. Also, Disc-kun? Where did he go?

Could they be focusing on the Disk Drive expansion later? Could also explain Zelda since wasn't that also released that way in Japan?

I want an updated version of Famicom/NES mini in honor of this milestone anniversary. Put 50 games in it, price it whatever you like.

I'm surprised that they're doing this over the next year. Thought they would have opened the site, make some behind the scenes and call it day. But no, seems like they're actually taking this seriously

I'm surprised that they're doing this over the next year. Thought they would have opened the site, make some behind the scenes and call it day. But no, seems like they're actually taking this seriously
Anniversaries are a big deal to these companies. More chances to advertise your IPs!

Could be cooler if they could put all of the first party games listed on FC NSO and NES NSO as some are definitely missing.
Yeah, I’m shocked that we still don’t have games like Urban Champion, Mach Rider, and The Mysterious Murasame Castle…

History page updated
There’s been a few other changes to the site since the last time the thread was bumped, but most recently, the History page has been completed up to the final year of new Famicom software.

Checking in about a month later; newest update are dedicated paged for the remaining 1984 titles!

There's also been two monthly quizes on the site thus far! I'm not doing the greatest overall (the language barrier doesn't help, but there's been a lot of featured games i've never played, lol) but they've been fun! I've at least done well enough to recieve the title The Expert of Nintendo.

IMG_5846.png

Sometime down the road i'm considering translating the questions and making the Ultimate Famiquiz; that'll be a lengthy process though so no promises!

So uhh... will Time Twist get a page? We're approaching 91'.

Edit: Yup its there, just hasnt been unlocked yet.

The year of an Adventure of Link remake. Mark it

That website is really slick.

Back
Top Bottom