• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Famibody Votes Channel, Late Edition | July 10th, 2023 | Do you like cilantro / coriander?

Do you like cilantro / coriander?

• Yes!

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No!

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big lantern ghost

cantstandya
Pronouns
he/him
kaOZ5mV.png

Alright, Famiboards! I am late but my four year old laptop and I are back. Let’s start off with the results from last week’s question, as it’s meant to be seen!

July 2nd, 2023: Which console do you prefer?
2paPy39.png

Not too surprising a result here! This is Famiboards dot com, after all. But it was still nice to hear people’s memories from both sides of the vote!

Now for this week’s query:
nXcFsu2.png

I have been alive for three decades and change and have heard a lot of people express a lot of opinions. In my experience, your opinion of cilantro may be more contentious than politics lol. People seem to either swear by cilantro or loathe it. It’s not only a matter of opinion; if you find cilantro tastes soapy and highly objectionable, you likely have a variation in your receptor genes! Of course, some people simply don’t like it.

Personally I love it! It’s hard for me to imagine nachos or curry without it, in particular. I also make cilantro lime dip probably once a week.

Where do you stand?

I hate that dumb soap weed (yes, I'm one of the people with that mutation, I guess). It overpowers everything else in a perfectly fine dish.

I have many shitty genes, but thank god not the one that makes me look this delicious plant in disgust

Cilantro doesn’t taste like soap to me, but I could take or leave it.

(I missed the last one of these so I would have picked N64. I was a late PS1 owner, and as much as I love Final Fantasy IX, nothing on that platform touches my top 5 on N64.)

I like it. It’s not the end all be all spice, but it adds a little something and some nice color to dishes.

Absolutely despise it. The soap taste is sooo strong; I just say I'm allergic in restaurants, or else my tastebuds will be in shock the rest of the night after one bite.

There used to be a burger place in my town that also sold tacos, so when you went to the condiment bar they'd have all the fixings for both. Which means I'd often bet a burger and throw salsa and cilantro on it.

It was fantastic.

Cilantro on all the things!

There used to be a burger place in my town that also sold tacos, so when you went to the condiment bar they'd have all the fixings for both. Which means I'd often bet a burger and throw salsa and cilantro on it.

It was fantastic.

Cilantro on all the things!
That sounds amazing but it’s also a little saddening that such a FLAVOURTOWN restaurant couldn’t thrive! I would be frequenting such a place an unhealthy amount, I’m sure

That sounds amazing but it’s also a little saddening that such a FLAVOURTOWN restaurant couldn’t thrive! I would be frequenting such a place an unhealthy amount, I’m sure
I have stories. LOL

On multiple occasions, I've seen people in this town go "good riddance" to local restaurants failing and then cheering on when national corporate chains come in. There were two chain restaurants in particular that literally shut down traffic in some sections of town as cars lined up to get into the drive thru. For one of them cars were strung through the parking lot, out onto the street, and back out onto the freeway, almost a quarter mile of cars. Traffic was gridlocked on the freeway from people tryina get into this chain restaurant, that a town 30 minutes away has had for years. Just because we finally got one.

And they say "good riddance" to failing local restaurants because they're too expensive.

It's rough.

Yes, dude. Whenever the dish allows it, I try to put cilantro on it. Cilantro with lemon juice is like the life force of the gods.

Back
Top Bottom