• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Famibody Votes Channel | July 23rd, 2023 | Do you consider yourself a good cook?

Do you consider yourself a good cook?

• Yes

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big lantern ghost

cantstandya
Pronouns
he/him
Oh, hey! It’s time to vote.
kaOZ5mV.png

Here are the results from last week’s question:

07/16/23 — Do you prefer films or TV shows?
bKAfo18.png

Films, baby. Films!

This week, let’s turn our attention to what real estate agents say is the most sociable room of a home for some reason: the kitchen!
qgiwuzH.png

I think I am. I can't think of anything overly complex that I make, and my knife skills are nothing special, but generally I execute well and dinner comes out pretty tasty! Recently I've made some pancetta wrapped cod, and some pasta salad with a balsamic tahini dressing. I'd like to think that if Gordon Ramsay tasted my food he wouldn't spit it into a napkin immediately.

Let's hear it, Famibody.

No, I don’t think that I am. I can follow a recipe and stuff usually turns out okay, but I’m never confident. Cooking also takes me a long time. My wife is much better at cooking than I am. She’s also much faster, lol.

Would I consider myself a "good cook"?

Personally, I'd consider myself decently competent in the kitchen, and I have a willingness to experiment on occasion when it comes to cooking. Sometimes my experiments even turn out to be good! That said, I think I still have a few things to learn here and there.

OTOH if I'm not feeling a 100% I can easily get demotivated when it comes to cooking and get distracted or just take a long-ass time to cook. There's also the fact that I live alone and cooking for just myself can be... eh. I'd rather cook for someone else along the way, but alas...

No. I can mostly follow a recipe except I’m limited on various techniques.

IMG-0240.gif

I also only started regularly cooking in May after deciding to get get in better shape. Still, the meals I’ve been making have been very simple to track calories easier so I haven’t been learning advanced skills or anything.

I'm really good at adding stuff to the fancy boxed mac and cheese to make it my own. And I can make a decent scramble. My grilled cheeses are okay. So I marked "no." 😅

But I try!

I like to think so. Improved big time over the past couple years, to the point where I feel comfortable experimenting on my own without following a recipe. Still got a ways to go, though.

I have gotten better and I can make most things with enough directions. I'm mid at best though, and not nearly creative enough.

Also, any recipe that says "only 20 minutes to make" is straight up lying

Also, any recipe that says "only 20 minutes to make" is straight up lying
RIGHT??? Last time I tried a new recipe it was for a potluck and the recipe said "prep time:15 minutes" and prep took me hours. I was having anxiety issues just trying to get everything done in time. I was thinking I started waaaaay early in order to give myself some time to regroup between prep, assembly, and baking but it took so damn much longer than it said that I ended up late to the party.

The next time I went to a potluck I brought sodas and ice.

Did I mention I voted No on the thread question? 😂

I dunno. I'm no master chef by any stretch of the imagination but I'm also not the "burns water"-type :LOL:

I know my way around the kitchen, decent at following recipes (although I agree with the estimated time being a lie) and I even experiment occasionally 😅

Back
Top Bottom