• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Predictions Famiboards TGA 2022 Predictions

I would love to see Metroid Prime Remake, but my instinct says Nintendo would save a reveal like that for their own event. Has there been any update regarding the rumor that it was going to drop this year? Didn't both Grubb and Nate say that?
Grubb did, Nate didn't. Grubb hasn't exactly had a good track record with Nintendo rumors lately (not calling him fake or anything, I just think he had a bad source).

Honestly after hearing about what Kit and Krysta said, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Zelda trailer

Even if they don’t have Reggie there anymore to push for Nintendo’s participation in general, it seems the award meant a lot to Aonuma, Fujibiyashi and the Zelda team specifically. So I can see them actually wanting to reveal something at the show and pushing Nintendo to allow it.

I expect nothing from Nintendo outside of a small sizzle reel of games that have already come out. I don't think Zelda will be there. Maybe that's the surprise lmao.

I predict the new NetherRealm game shows up and I hope it's MK12.

My Nintendo predictions would be:
-Xenoblade 3 DLC
-Fire Emblem trailer
-Octopath Traveler 2 trailer (maybe a demo too, unless they save it for the next Direct)
-Pokémon S/V ad

I expect at least one moment, probably during the Influencer award, will make my wife give me that look.

I predict the new NetherRealm game shows up and I hope it's MK12.

My Nintendo predictions would be:
-Xenoblade 3 DLC
-Fire Emblem trailer
-Octopath Traveler 2 trailer (maybe a demo too, unless they save it for the next Direct)
-Pokémon S/V ad
NetherRealm has confirmed they won't be there.

I remember Nintendo tweeting BotW would be there the Monday before the show in 2016. If TOTK will be there, I expect a similar pre-show tweet to tell people to tune in

NetherRealm has confirmed they won't be there.
D6iqQdiUIAIGIuk.jpg

I remember Nintendo tweeting BotW would be there the Monday before the show in 2016. If TOTK will be there, I expect a similar pre-show tweet to tell people to tune in
They tweeted about Smash being there in 2020 too. Not in 2018 though, but that's definitely intentional since the Joker trailer was meant to be a swerve.

Geoff is in the Twitter space talking about how they streamlined this year's show, having a "significantly smaller runtime" and having fewer "big games".
Don't know what to make of that

Geoff is in the Twitter space talking about how they streamlined this year's show, having a "significantly smaller runtime" and having fewer "big games".
Here's the quotes:
"I won't say anything officially until we're through our rehearsals but we think it's going to be significantly shorter"

"But we've got some really great announcements. I think some really amazing studios around the world are participating in the show this year. There are some games that I've been. hoping and wanting to show for a number of years that are finally ready this year to up to showcase to folks at the game awards so we're very very happy with how that's coming together"

Edit
Fewer big games comment (10:07):
"we definitely have cut back pretty significantly in terms of the runtime on the show and just you know kind of fewer games fewer bigger games that'll be in there and you know people always debate about are they presenting enough"

Last edited:
I expect at least one Space Horror Survival Shooter

Keighley can't stand not having one of those

• Diablo IV trailer, release date announcement, pre-orders open
  • Final Fantasy XVI trailer, release date announcement, pre-orders open

Those are pretty much the guarantees. Star Wars Jedi Survivor seems like a sure bet too.

Beyond that, it gets a little fuzzier, but I think Assassin's Creed Mirage is reasonably likely.

Hoping for:

Final Fantasy Tactics
Metroid Prime Remaster
Zelda: TOTK
RE4 Remake
Like a Dragon: Ishin / Gaiden / 8
Arcade racing game revival
Panzer Dragoon Zwei Remake
Elden Ring DLC

Expecting:

Sonic 2006 Part Deux
Sci-fi horror game that's not Dead Space
Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake from Bloober
Left Alive 2
Driving sim game
Hoshigami 2

Seriously though only thing I'm expecting is FFXVI

I feel like if anything Nintendo related shows up, it's gonna be Mario movie related.

Chris Pratt and Jack Black present the award for best video game adaptation?

I predict that very little Nintendo related content will be at the game awards and only things that are relevant to Xbox, PlayStation and PC will be at the game awards, a.k.a. companies that actually do want to participate in the game awards will have something for the game awards.

This also includes the third parties that publish on those platforms.

The same thing I hope last Year and probably won't get: A new "The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom" Trailer and the Announcement that the Game is coming earlier than previously announced (Xenoblade 3 was also pushed to a earlier date), One Man can dream.

Final Fantasy 16 Release-Date Annoucement is now very likley.

• Zelda trailer
  • Final Fantasy XVI trailer
  • Street Fighter VI release date
  • Tekken 8 news
  • Starfield release date
  • Metal Gear Solid Remake
  • Horizon Forbidden West DLC
  • Dead Space Remake news
  • No matter what wins GOTY, someone will be pissed

-Elden Ring or God of War to win GOTY(no other possibilities besides these two not just in this show but also overall from other places as well)
-FFXVI trailer with release date(it’s all but confirmed at this point. Potentially announced for PC as well since it was included in the PC gaming show real a month or 2 ago)
- Kojima in some form. Whether he’s just there or hopefully to announce his new project since KojiPro has been ramping up the teasing

Not calling this a prediction, but I've been on some heavy NES nostalgia lately and that led me to finding the Mega Man 35th Anniversary stuff is starting to ramp up. I wouldn't be surprised if we get something on that front but it feels like a long shot.

- Elden Ring wins GOTY, that much I can call a prediction.

From Nintendo, I've learned (or trying to learn) not to expect anything. Tears of the Kingdom would be the best and most obvious choice, but we all know those things don't work like that for Ninty. Metroid Prime Remake+4 would be the dream but... Nah.

The real nic surprise tho is if they show a new Super Mario Bros Movie trailer and right after a reveal trailer for a new 3D Mario.

- Elden Ring wins GOTY, that much I can call a prediction.

From Nintendo, I've learned (or trying to learn) not to expect anything. Tears of the Kingdom would be the best and most obvious choice, but we all know those things don't work like that for Ninty. Metroid Prime Remake+4 would be the dream but... Nah.

The real nic surprise tho is if they show a new Super Mario Bros Movie trailer and right after a reveal trailer for a new 3D Mario.

I dont think they will show an other Mario Movie Trailer.

How many years in a row are people going to predict Metroid Prime at TGA before it actually happens for real?

Don't want to doompost too much, but now that they've started teasing some of the big announcements (Jedi Survivor, Baldur's Gate 3, Tekken 8, etc.), all of which are your typical AAA blockbuster crowdpleasers - I'm pretty much convinced that we won't get anything significant for Switch yet again...

Also, is the show really at 1:30 am in Europe?? I swear it was before midnight in previous years.

Metroid or Zelda remakes are always possible, but I'm not really confident. I'm guessing we'll just learn about a few beloved third party indies coming to Switch (Vampire Survivors?) and maybe a DLC gameplay trailer for Mario & Rabbids: Sparks of Hope.

Forspoken gameplay footage will be shown at least, but according to this, it's only going to be shown in IMAX theaters I think.

I know, it's nothing but still... maybeeeeeeee there is a chance?

You know, people are wondering if this lessens TotK's chances at TGA, but think about this. Take a look at all the games already confirmed to be there: Diablo IV, Tekken 8, Final Fantasy XVI, Kojima's next game, you start wondering about what surprises they have left in store, which Geoff keeps teasing.
I know we know Geoff as the usual hype man, as would anyone promoting their show, but him wording the fact that "this is the show some of these awesome games are finally ready to show", you don't say stuff like that and then announce every game fitting that bill beforehand. Tears of the Kingdom falls under that category.
Not saying it's going to be there, personally not expecting it (just so I'm not setting myself up for disappointment) but you know, think about it! :D

Kinda wish it was the opposite. Less smaller no-names. All killer.

Because otherwise why watch? God of War or Elden Ring will sweep everything.

I'm probably projecting; outside of Switch stuff, it's been kind of a dull year for me.

Kinda wish it was the opposite. Less smaller no-names. All killer.

Because otherwise why watch? God of War or Elden Ring will sweep everything.

I'm probably projecting; outside of Switch stuff, it's been kind of a dull year for me.
To be honest, I may have misunderstood his comment. I can't remember if he said "fewer bigger games" or "fewer, bigger games"

I really want Tears of the Kingdom to be there, but I think the Mario movie being there might just be it.
Although I really want it to happen

Back
Top Bottom