• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Site Event Famiboards Pride Event - UPDATE: Now Ends July 31st!

Do we have to make a new post or can we just update our older 'proof of accomplishment' post for these new bunch of badges?
whatever's easiest for you. We like new posts because they show continued signs of life in the event, but you can out as many as you like in a post!

(well, up to 30 images in one post β€” xenforo limit, I think)

Cashing in on quite a few at once; been going through a few games I already had installed on Switch (and one spare on PC):
  • Capture the Flag
  • Out of the Shadows
  • Together Alone
  • Strawb GET! (does this count for From Queer Creators, with Love too? i'll be playing more later in the month anyway if it doesn't)
  • Unconscience (didn't newly complete the tutorial for this challenge, but I did a new run for the following; do all three still count)
  • #47 Onward
  • #9 Party
vODbcf6.png
euY3C35.png
Bbh6xWf.png
fpaOAvn.png
ortvQG7.png
XBqNhwb.png

Good opportunity to replay Chicory later this month; don't think my playthrough on PC years ago will count, but I rebought it on Switch during a sale so i've been waiting for the opportunity anyway. I'll be making plenty of time for smaller indie games on Itch too!

Got around to replaying Chicory last week, so that's another one down for me:

ZUUlDFJ.png
WHlCgtw.png

Glad the thread is going for another month; hasn't gone exactly as expected so it's nice to have more time to get around to more of these :)

New post it is, then!

Completed three achievements in my last, last post. So here's the new ones.

ffa2310061b301a3ef17db3de3b182ee7f2bc57d.jpg

Pokemon Go counts, right?

551f445a1ad1a64b02570025a541d90ce29dcb1c.jpg

The Great Ace Attorney

19d5206001b2426cc4421be626b6e18491cf78d7.jpg

I'm slightly surprised that there's no Garlic Bread in BOTW or TOTK

ad0fe368f1df70276c6b840e17841d5714bb779f.jpg

Establishing Proof of Suswave

Today, I'm going to show you irrefutable proof that the off-screen Switch screenshots I show are indeed mine.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE THIS LEVEL OF PROOF. I am bored and being silly.

We will not be especially strict, but it does give us a little bit of ease-of-mind if you post at least one off-screen screenshot with your username on a piece of paper next to your Switch or something.

Anything that shows a username or game name you like using also helps.

Again, we're not gonna be super strict. It's honor system here. Nintendo has made sharing screenshots easier with the Switch-to-Phone ad hoc network, and we want you to participate β€” so please, truly, whatever's easiest for you!

Just... please don't go around taking random screenshots from the internet or other users. That sucks.
I figured I'd snap one with my laptop:

awTV7sn.jpeg

I don't have much to say about Disco Elysium, other than it's a top 10 contender for me despite not being a CRPG person at all. It's just that good.

Also, here's some photos of my Switch and Steam Deck showing the screenshots for the previous badges:

My partner and I are close to wrapping up Apollo Justice. I'm guessing that will be my next submission, unless I manage to sneak another short one before then.

For the life of me, I can't find a yellow button in GrΓΆgol Bonanza: Rambler's ApΓ©ritif. It's the only thing I have left to do in the game. Just want to ask, are the colors in any way random? Or maybe I've just missed it somewhere. I've found at least 3 red buttons...

Edit: I think I have to give up on finding yellow before I go crazy... I'll post what I've got.

Last edited:
For the life of me, I can't find a yellow button in GrΓΆgol Bonanza: Rambler's ApΓ©ritif. It's the only thing I have left to do in the game. Just want to ask, are the colors in any way random? Or maybe I've just missed it somewhere. I've found at least 3 red buttons...
you've got the yellow one β€” you just missed one of the five orange ones from the lava bridge room!

Edit: and I think it's TOTALLY OKAY not to post that one because you literally had to press five of them to get where you got!

Last edited:
i don't know why I was so determined to hurt my own feelings coming up with these badges...

mOrfywQ.jpeg

Lnw8P1m.jpeg

you've got the yellow one β€” you just missed one of the five orange ones from the lava bridge room!

Edit: and I think it's TOTALLY OKAY not to post that one because you literally had to press five of them to get where you got!

Oh thank goodness! Glad to hear I was just having some trouble with discriminating color.

Oh thank goodness! Glad to hear I was just having some trouble with discriminating color.
no worries! everything being set in a dark-ish cave with bright orange lava meant positioning the switch colors against that... which does make some of them a little less distinguished!

I can't believe I proposed Disco Elysium badges and entirely forgot to include Ruby and Klaasje...

next round of community-suggested badges I'm adding them!

Hopefully I'll be home before end of July a d I'll be able to finish garden story. Been in hospital for 6 bloody weeks now and doctors are a bjt stumped but I'll get there. Just can't download games to my switch. Also getting Metroid dread in tomorrow so I'll work OM getting that oestrogen tank.

I got further on my second attempt at GrΓΆgol Bonanza: Rambler's ApΓ©ritif! (Also please forgive me for using Steam as a launcher / capture device for an itch.io game πŸ˜… ) @Suswave This was really fun to poke around in for a couple hours tonight. I really enjoyed all the writing and music tracks you put together. I look forward to seeing where this goes next!

1. I got through the maze but never found the purple button? I'm guessing that's optional? I'll have to try again later.
2. I got as far as Shorenuff but I can't seem to pass a body of water because I need Floaties. Is that the end of the demo content?
3. Where do I find the fridge? Or the cop?

Badge claims:

fmKUnla.png

6byCco6.jpeg

YnOene9.jpeg

ZPg3ZMv.jpeg

NBtQDKm.jpeg

DXamoOh.jpeg

(I hope this counts even though I didn't capture the text boxes)

yN3hAGG.jpeg

1. I got through the maze but never found the purple button? I'm guessing that's optional? I'll have to try again later.
2. I got as far as Shorenuff but I can't seem to pass a body of water because I need Floaties. Is that the end of the demo content?
3. Where do I find the fridge? Or the cop?
1. Once you get the Dashing Boots, you can go back down to the lava-bridge area and gap-dash some little islets to a cave door surrounded by small grass. Seek the northwest corner.

You'll find what you seek in there, and if you fiddle around, you'll find much more than you bargained for.

2. Floaty Time will have to wait. No floaties in this demo, at least! The wheaty outskirts are as far north as you can go... for now.

3. If you figure out what the purple switch does, you'll almost definitely find one or more fridges.

Agent Grunt is at the center of the maze in Shorenuff β€” one direction takes you to the apartments / boutiques while the other takes you his way.

I got further on my second attempt at GrΓΆgol Bonanza: Rambler's ApΓ©ritif! (Also please forgive me for using Steam as a launcher / capture device for an itch.io game πŸ˜… ) @Suswave This was really fun to poke around in for a couple hours tonight. I really enjoyed all the writing and music tracks you put together. I look forward to seeing where this goes next!
Thank you so much, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

No worries about Steam as launcher, that's totally okay.

I hope the notes above give you some directions to go if you choose to! You've definitely covered most of it, and I don't want you to get burnt out β€” but if you're craving more, the tips above will get you a fairly hefty increase in visitable rooms and @Raccoon dialogue.

au0JdxR.png

qeY3EqU.png

Thank you so much, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

No worries about Steam as launcher, that's totally okay.

I hope the notes above give you some directions to go if you choose to! You've definitely covered most of it, and I don't want you to get burnt out β€” but if you're craving more, the tips above will get you a fairly hefty increase in visitable rooms and @Raccoon dialogue.

au0JdxR.png

qeY3EqU.png
I can't say enough how much I love this lmao

Looks like another dive into Bonanza is in order then this weekend/early next week :D

1. Once you get the Dashing Boots, you can go back down to the lava-bridge area and gap-dash some little islets to a cave door surrounded by small grass. Seek the northwest corner.
I knew I should've listened to my instincts and doubled-back into the maze after I got those boots. That's a really nice classic design flourish to see!

Agent Grunt is at the center of the maze in Shorenuff β€” one direction takes you to the apartments / boutiques while the other takes you his way.
Ah, I didn't fully explore that maze. Good to know. Thank you!

EDIT: Also want to add, and I hope you appreciate this, but the mazes and puzzles so far give me some major OFF vibes. Not sure if that’s intentional or not.

Last edited:
I knew I should've listened to my instincts and doubled-back into the maze after I got those boots. That's a really nice classic design flourish to see!
I really love hidden paths and things you might not catch the first time!

I think, earnestly, once I'm finished... a good 80% or more of the game is going to be optional. Rewarding! But optional.

Oh, and just to be sure β€” it's not in the darkest, maze-iest part. There are some things you can get but it's essentially bonus items. The path you want is technically in the same room you got the boots in!

Ah, I didn't fully explore that maze. Good to know. Thank you!
Very reasonable, and somewhat intended! Given the lack of save system, I figured people would be a bit tired by that point, so it's definitely set up to be easily avoidable.

In the game itself, the more literal "mazes" are much further apart. Don't want to give people maze fatigue, y'know?

EDIT: Also want to add, and I hope you appreciate this, but the mazes and puzzles so far give me some major OFF vibes. Not sure if that’s intentional or not.
I don't think I even know what that is! Please tell me more!

Back
Top Bottom