• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports Famiboards Baseball Crew |ST| “It’s Grand Salami Time!”

big lantern ghost

cantstandya
Pronouns
he/him
xyOaWbZ.png

Even though we are just getting into the thick of the off-season, I thought it would be nice to have a place to talk baseball here on the board! Welcome one and all. Yes, even Bobson Dugnutt.

One ask I have for this thread is to be welcoming to all. There are no dumb questions, in baseball or anywhere else. Also: there is a downright frightful amount of things to learn about baseball. I’ve been watching for several years and still regularly look up obscure rules. So don’t chirp! Help a fellow fan out.

Are you an Atlanta fan riding high on that World Series win? Are you an Iowan who caught the first Field of Dreams game? If you are…did you eat a Guy Fieri Apple Pie Hot Dog? Are you an Orioles fan who’s just mad? Sound off and keep the love alive until next spring!

I will update & renovate this ST as more information comes in and we get closer to breaking out the rye bread and the mustard once again! I plan on making a monthly post about specific topics, too, just to keep things interesting and the discussion moving!

IMPORTANT DATES 2022
Spring Training
Feb 27–March 29

Opening Day
March 31

All-Star Game
July 19

Field of Dreams Game
Aug 11

Last Regular Season Game
October 2

Wild Cards, Playoffs & World Series
TBD

INTERLEAGUE MATCHUPS for 2022
AL East vs NL Central
AL Central vs NL West
AL West vs NL East

OTHER INFO:

IF YOU MISSED LAST SEASON, make sure to read up on the sticky stuff scandal that swept the big leagues.

KUDOS TO CLEVELAND, who finally changed their name from the Indians to the Guardians! Not only is their new name not offensive to indigenous communities, it reflects the city in a more inclusive way and has a cool logo to boot! The new name is based on the Guardians of Traffic, some REALLY cool statues I had no idea existed until the change.

CABLE WATCHERS IN THE US, note that the MLB has changed things up with its network broadcasting deals, with new seven-year contracts beginning in 2022. Per Wikipedia:

This will be the first year of the new seven year deals with ESPN, Fox and TBS. Fox renewed its television rights for regular season games on either the main Fox broadcast network or FS1, (The Fox network will air more games than in 2021 as part of this deal) as well as the All-Star Game airing on Fox. [20] ESPN will air the national opening night games and 25 exclusive Sunday Night Baseball telecasts, but no longer any non-exclusive games throughout the week like in previous years. TBS will switch from airing Sunday afternoon games to Tuesday night games.

DID YOU KNOW…
…despite several attempts to automate the process, MLB baseballs are partially produced and fully sewn by hand? Or that they’re treated with mud from a specific region before use?

Until next time, sports fans!

Looking forward to watching baseball when it starts up in late May!

Go Cubs!

Yeah with all the (bad) negotiations with the Players’ Association, not to mention Covid, I think we’ll be seeing a schedule update for a shortened season sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom