• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes launches on April 23rd (out now!)

It looks like a major Switch patch was announced. Quoting from the support page:

Is this what people were hoping for? Given how the game apparently performs, I'm assuming the current presentation will become Graphics Mode. If that's the case, I'm surprised the fixes might be lowering resolution or scaling the graphics down. I was hoping for optimizations while retaining the same visual quality.
Bugs/crashing and battle load times are the core issues that absolutely need to be resolved.

So the patch dropped and.. is it just me or switching the graphics mode to performance does absolutely nothing? Menus still lag, loadings are still long..

So the patch dropped and.. is it just me or switching the graphics mode to performance does absolutely nothing? Menus still lag, loadings are still long..
What I read as impressions (haven't tested it myself) is that those issues are still present, yeah. It seems like some effects are maybe turned down and that results in some improved performance but it's still not amazing. I get the feeling this wasn't some dramatic improvement.

I'd love to read more, though. I'm just passing on a couple small things I read and didn't verify.

Quoted by: dsm
What I read as impressions (haven't tested it myself) is that those issues are still present, yeah. It seems like some effects are maybe turned down and that results in some improved performance but it's still not amazing. I get the feeling this wasn't some dramatic improvement.

I'd love to read more, though. I'm just passing on a couple small things I read and didn't verify.

Performance in towns and overworld seems to be the same or just slightly better? I don't know but I was expecting more from this patch. I'm still enjoying it albeit I'm still just a couple hours in

Apparently the Switch patch is just like the Switch version, bugged.

Seeing a lot of reports on reddit that the patch hasn't done anything to improve performance, menus still lag, frames still drop, loads are still long, and the game is still crashing.

I'm following the Eiyuden situation because I plan to buy it and it seems like the patch... isn't working properly?

I used Twitter translator so I may have misunderstood.

Scrolling through other issues related to the game on other platforms still makes me wonder if the developers are able to make their creation work.
The ps4 version has very similar problems and the Series S/X version seems to cause the consoles to heat up a lot.
If the game isn't completely ruined maybe they should get someone who can fix it, since it seems like they can't even make a patch.

I'm following the Eiyuden situation because I plan to buy it and it seems like the patch... isn't working properly?

I used Twitter translator so I may have misunderstood.

Scrolling through other issues related to the game on other platforms still makes me wonder if the developers are able to make their creation work.
The ps4 version has very similar problems and the Series S/X version seems to cause the consoles to heat up a lot.
If the game isn't completely ruined maybe they should get someone who can fix it, since it seems like they can't even make a patch.

I think the fact that the Switch version is a crashing mess, the PS4 version is a laggy mess, and the Series X version is causing the console to overheat, I think its safe to say they bit off more than they could chew.

Seems the PS5 version is the most stable console version, although the most recent PS5 patch has caused lag and crashing that it didnt have before the match.

I think the fact that the Switch version is a crashing mess, the PS4 version is a laggy mess, and the Series X version is causing the console to overheat, I think its safe to say they bit off more than they could chew.

Seems the PS5 version is the most stable console version, although the most recent PS5 patch has caused lag and crashing that it didnt have before the match.
At this point I hope they give the job of cleaning up all these disasters to external teams, if they can afford it.
Luckily for me I decided to wait but I understand how those who bought it on d1 feel

I’m about 5 hours in now on Switch. There’s a fraction of a second delay when switching between menu screens that I find more irritating than the load times for some reason. No crashes yet.

I have to say, I think I’m noticing performance less just because I’m really enjoying it. The characters are fun and varied in both what they do and their characterisation, there’s no real need for any particular party build (you get common heal-all items pretty early and heal-all spells use a ton of MP) so you can pretty much just use your favourites as long as you have the short range melee attackers and tanks up the front. Pretty early on you’ve got enough party members to leave whoever annoys you the most in reserve.

It’s strange though, having just been through what felt like a pretty long dungeon with random battles (the mines) as you’re going back and forth, with few save points, it does seem a bit archaic that there’s often save points half an hour apart when going through for the first time. Obviously this is no different to how such JRPGs used to be, but I’m just used to more modern ways of doing things, I guess.

Still, my characters have levelled up enough to have a few options to swap out runes and thus magic, which is cool.

Back
Top Bottom