• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate - Pre-Release Discussion

I be surprise if we here info this year. This game seems at least 2 years away (late 2024, but more likely 2025).
I feel like this year is definitely the time for news on it; they could even have a repeat of the 35th anniversary. Have DQ3 Remake dated either for (sometime) H2 this year or 2024, and DQ12 either for 2024/2025. Feels possible mainly because I can't imagine XII being a 2025 game. XI was 2017, XI S 2019. Even with COVID and likely hardware/engine changes I have a hard time seeing a new entry take 6 years, though not impossible by current AAA dev standards.
I can’t bring myself to follow any more Dragon Quest threads and let those notifications Do Me Like That, but I will be checking in! After the masterpiece that was XI S I have a lot of faith in any renovations being thoughtful and compelling.

Seriously though. DQ XII, III Remake, X Offline…give us something Yuji
Yes! I feel like I'm better off than most with XII, even if they throw us a curveball and actually make it action-y "dark" I won't care, just be a good (great ideally) game with a strong narrative.

I'm happy that I'll get to experience a classic like III for the first time in a beautiful HD-2D art-syle, but an all-new work will always be more enticing.

I feel like this year is definitely the time for news on it; they could even have a repeat of the 35th anniversary. Have DQ3 Remake dated either for (sometime) H2 this year or 2024, and DQ12 either for 2024/2025. Feels possible mainly because I can't imagine XII being a 2025 game. XI was 2017, XI S 2019. Even with COVID and likely hardware/engine changes I have a hard time seeing a new entry take 6 years, though not impossible by current AAA dev standards.
I think info on DQ3 is likely. I guess my hesitation for XII is that at least SE, and other companies, are doing shorter marketing cycles, so maybe we will get "info" like concept art or status of dev but idk about footage, but I loved to be wrong.

I think it's very unlikely XII will come out anytime sooner than 2025. Armor Project isn't a huge studio and they handle several different projects at the same time. Regardless of when XI wrapped up, XII was on early stages when they announced it, and they had to deal not only with covid but also Sugiyama dying, which was probably a logistics hell.

I can't wait to hear more about DQ12, I am super curious to see how they revamped or rethought how the battle system is going to work.

I think it's very unlikely XII will come out anytime sooner than 2025. Armor Project isn't a huge studio and they handle several different projects at the same time. Regardless of when XI wrapped up, XII was on early stages when they announced it, and they had to deal not only with covid but also Sugiyama dying, which was probably a logistics hell.
Armor Project is more of a management studio ran by Horii. the DQ11 team is leading again with Orca and others returning

Horii did say back in December that we should get new info on DQ3r "soon". Now I don't know what soon means to him since it's about to be spring, but something should be coming. At the same time he said nothing of DQ12 so I'm pretty sure that game is far away still (regardless of that nichegamer article with old info).

Though I wish they would show us how battles work so we can put an end to the whole "omg is it action or turn based or hybrid??" back-and-forth nonsense.

My personal guess is that we may start getting news once the DQ schedule clears up. DQ10-Offline should be getting some kind of expansion / DLC in the spring, containing Version 2 of the online game. I could see DQ3r still slated for (the end of) 2023, or maybe another DQ10-Offline expansion, or (dare I say) they finally announce that DQ10-Offline will be localized as a complete package.

Back
Top Bottom