• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Dokapon! Sword of Fury remaster (with online play) releasing on August 1st in Japan

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
She/They
Listed this past hour on a few Japanese retailers (Amazon JP, Yodobashi, Bic Camera, etc), with no formal announcement as far as i'm aware. This is a remaster of Dokapon! Ikari no Tetsuken, the PS1 Dokapon installment, and like last year's remaster of Dokapon Kingdom the game now includes online multiplayer (as well as a double speed function). No word on a localisation quite yet, the game has hardly been announced to begin with.

lCgTEZk.jpeg

rYuempC.jpeg
exkQhez.jpeg
oWlrJPh.jpeg
jPE3ZkO.jpeg
CVReCPG.jpeg
Nn3Brmn.jpeg

Personally happy to see that Dokapon Kingdom Connect performed well enough to get another rerelease greenlighted; still have to pick that up as well.

EDIT: The official announcement has since arrived:

Last edited:
Woah, deep cut for Sting, now for the love of GOD give me remasters of Evolution 1 and 2! Both were combined as Evolution Worlds on GC, but the second game was heavily cut down. So I'm not sure how easy they can do uncut ports while retaining the English dub for both games.

And they're still far behind on localizations. We only finally got Yggdra Union in NA a year ago IIRC? But that was a sole Sting IP. Most of their other current remasters are owned by Atlus or BN in the case of Riviera.

Gematsu's article translates the description for the game:

I've also updated the thread title with the localised name used in the site's URL. Hoping this is good news for a potential localisation, but not confident quite yet.

Does Sting own the Dokapon IP now? Interesting they'd go back to installments they didn't develop originally like this. I wonder if it's emulated?

And they're still far behind on localizations. We only finally got Yggdra Union in NA a year ago IIRC? But that was a sole Sting IP. Most of their other current remasters are owned by Atlus or BN in the case of Riviera.
I think Atlus only hold (some) rights for stuff from 2009 until 2011, unless you mean the localizations? At any rate, it shouldn't be an issue if Sting's already selfpublishing these games in Japan.

I'd guess overseas releases are slow because they also want to do Steam ports but hopefully we get KITK and Riviera sooner than later (and Gungnir too). I think the Union spinoffs are a no go though since they don't have existing english versions and Baroque Original is out too since it's apparently the Saturn ISO using City Connection's Zebra Engine emulator (not impossible to patch but not many pubs go this route). Maybe Sting will pull a Dokapon Connect and give us a remaster of the Baroque remake instead some day? Ditto for the combined GC Evolution Worlds?

So howโ€™s the single player on this one compared to connect?
This (and the first two sequels, 4 got a little too out there imo) put ALL of the other boardgame Dokapon games to shame. If you enjoy Kingdom at all do yourself a favor and try the previous installments. I mean, they are multiplayer games, but completely enjoyable playing against the ai.

It's not slow af to play like the newer ones either.

jPE3ZkO.jpeg

Oh... oh my..

The shop keeper is...

Okay I may need to buy this.
would you say that heโ€™sโ€ฆ smokinโ€™โ€ฆ

Paging Idea Factory International! You've got a game to localize! (actually two, a sequel to Death End Request also got revealed today)

Kingdom was actually a remake of SFC Asmik Ace game so this comes after that. So it's gotta be better right? Also I hope we get more re-releases for Asmik Ace classics, such as Paladin's Quest and its sequel.

This (and the first two sequels, 4 got a little too out there imo) put ALL of the other boardgame Dokapon games to shame. If you enjoy Kingdom at all do yourself a favor and try the previous installments. I mean, they are multiplayer games, but completely enjoyable playing against the ai.

It's not slow af to play like the newer ones either.
I skipped the current one cause I had no one to play with. Also they added a fast forward feature too!

Dang gonna have to get this. Although I still haven't been able to finish a game of kingdom lol.

New Dokapon when?!

Back
Top Bottom