• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Dokapon Kingdom: Connect rated for Switch in Germany (UPDATE: Announced; PS2/Wii Remaster w/ Online Play)

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
She/They
Currently unknown if this is a new title or a localization of the Utawarerumono themed ‘Dokapon UP!’; though that title was released on both Switch and PS4 so only being rated for one here would be bizarre.

Dokapon-Rating-USK_12-28-22_Rating.png

Be warned though, anyone who has not played a Dokapon title before; they are friendship killers.

Please! I've wanted a new Dokapon game for so long.

Edit: Looking at this Dokapon UP! It could be this connect (connect makes me think online multiplayer which UP! Had). As long as the core Dokapon Kingdom is in tact we're good even if it's got a niche theme attached.

I so wanted to like the Wii version but trying to get anywhere on the board you wanted to go was just murder

last i checked the last localized installment of the series was extremely expensive in the second-hand market ($130 for the Wii Version, $70 for the PS2 version.) so you should probably buy this whenever it's officially revealed.

That’s what this is.

“Dokapon” is the franchise. “Kingdom” is what the Wii/PS2 installment was called.
Are we sure this is a re-release of 2007 game? If it is, this is a rating for a game that's not even out in Japan yet.

I suspect this is that recent Utawarerumono themed game.

Are we sure this is a re-release of 2007 game? If it is, this is a rating for a game that's not even out in Japan yet.

I suspect this is that recent Utawarerumono themed game.
They would just call that Dokapon UP or Utawarerumono: Dokapon or something. Dokapon Kingdom is a specific entry in a series that stretches back to the SNES.

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. But I really don’t think I am.

Hoping that the Compile Heart/IF deal would bring even more Sting jp exclusive Switch games to the west. We have Yggdra/Gloria Union pack, Baroque HD remaster and Knights in the Nightmare sitting in japan.

Totally buying this btw.

I am kind of pissed though, I did just buy this a couple months ago because I had been on a party game kick with my wife. I also recently bought Baten Kaitos, F Zero GX and Tales of Symphonia.

Anyone want me to over spend on anything else so a remake can be announced shortly after?

MZR0hQz_d.webp

I cannot be more excited for this. I had it for the Wii, but this and 40 other games were stolen out my luggage circa 2008 and I never replaced it due to the cost. This is a Day 1 buy for me. GET HYPE!

I am kind of pissed though, I did just buy this a couple months ago because I had been on a party game kick with my wife. I also recently bought Baten Kaitos, F Zero GX and Tales of Symphonia.

Anyone want me to over spend on anything else so a remake can be announced shortly after?

MZR0hQz_d.webp
I mean, if you want to buy Skies of Arcadia I won't complain.

@Ray00101 can you buy Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, please

As for the topic on hand, I did actually get the chance to play a bit of this a few months ago, unsure if we will move over to this version or just stick to what we have

MZR0hQz_d.webp
Can you buy Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver please?

Oh I remember playing this on the Wii. Never could get my friends to stick it out for too long so I never got to the end of the story. But maybe I could make that work this time around.

While I do wish this was a new game and not a remaster, I'm glad this is escaping it's wii jail.

MZR0hQz_d.webp

Please buy Metroid Prime Trilogy and Zelda TP and WW on the Wii U 🙏🙏

I'm sure the Famiboards staff will be more than happy to repay your sacrifice with some shining fami gold

Hopefully the physical release will be available in Europe too 👍
I'm fine with an american release, but not having to import it would be a plus.

Seeing as how this is a resolution bump with added online (completely fine with this, as Up! kinda sucks) it’s a shame they didn’t get this out sooner.

I’m sure it will sell well enough with it’s cult status, but I think a port toward the beginning of the Switch’s lifecycle could have made this franchise a mainstream hit.

I just got an email from VideoGamesPlus about this game. Surprised to see it’s going for $70 (Canadian). Thought it would have been in the $50 realm.
They also put the release down as June 30th but that’s probably a placeholder?
I definitely wanna play it again but might need to check my gaming budget for the time of year. Might be something I need to wait a couple months on.

So we’re doing a Famiboards run of the entire story mode, yes?

here's some info about the online mode.
Dokapon-Kingdom-Connect_2023_02-15-23_002-768x433.png

it supports saving mid-game (naturally, because you most likely aren't going to finish it one session.) lets you have the CPU take over if you need a break, and also lets you mix local and online players together. (so you could have a online session with a full 4-player party split between two seperate consoles, for example.)

Wonder when we’ll get the actual release date. Should be soon tho. Also that June 30 is obviously a placeholder

Back
Top Bottom