• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Describe a game poorly and let others guess.

okay here are four more:

1. knives keep turning small things into big things

2. a series of grocery lists hold you hostage, demanding that you practice a sport and banish small collections of mundane hallucinations

3. in a horrifying world tied to the speed of your movement, you must find the lost keys to your spaceship… and also a horse

4. talk and listen to engage the geometry of death

Correct!

There is an I in the title. Three actually.
hrrrrrrm

it’s adjacent to a lot of things, but I’m not sure what. I may not have played this game.

Sin & Punishment is only two Is, and I’ve only played five minutes of it so that’s a long shot.

Here’s one:

A past failure first takes your heart and then takes your love. Your solution is to attack and dethrone god. But first you should create a soulless servant to ***** out, the hotter the better.
Very very late but Dragon's Dogma?
hrrrrrrm

it’s adjacent to a lot of things, but I’m not sure what. I may not have played this game.

Sin & Punishment is only two Is, and I’ve only played five minutes of it so that’s a long shot.
I counted wrong, there are 6 Is.

Quoted by: em
How do you stop the invasion of killer bugs from space? Do you kill god, or kill yourself?
wait a minute is this Mass Effect? (I have never played Mass Effect and if it isn’t clear by now, it’s more fun for me to guess games I haven’t played than games I have)

edit: wait fuck I forgot about the Is

wait a minute is this Mass Effect? (I have never played Mass Effect and if it isn’t clear by now, it’s more fun for me to guess games I haven’t played than games I have)

edit: wait fuck I forgot about the Is
Mass Effect does not have the requisite number of I's, correct.

Also maybe "space" isn't the most accurate term, more like the realm between dimensions.

Got a few more:

1) Invader from another planet mercilessly kills everything that moves in an effort to find a bunch of shit that they inexplicably lost.

2) Buying a dragon costs several units of sulfur for some reason.

3) Explore a traditional fantasy world that just so happens to actually be an experimental colony ship traveling to a new home planet through deep space, also corny acronyms and enemies named after kitchen appliance brands.

Local freak of nature and his weirdo friends sleep in for 100 years and things go to hell in their absence.

Superstar rodent ends up causing an apocalypse in an alternate reality and has to clean up his mess.
I'm guessing the second one is Epic Mickey?

Innocent adorable pure young fairy fan keeps getting bullied by a young boy for his cartography skills.

Got a few more:

1) Invader from another planet mercilessly kills everything that moves in an effort to find a bunch of shit that they inexplicably lost.

2) Buying a dragon costs several units of sulfur for some reason.

3) Explore a traditional fantasy world that just so happens to actually be an experimental colony ship traveling to a new home planet through deep space, also corny acronyms and enemies named after kitchen appliance brands.
Hints for these:

1) said invader is female and this description could actually describe a number of games in this franchise

2) it costs gold too and you need to build a cave first

3) Cuisinarts give out a ton of XP

Hints for these:

1) said invader is female and this description could actually describe a number of games in this franchise

This one is any of the Metroid sequels. Not sure about the others.

Edit: Beaten to the punch

I thought it was Metroid but the "find a bunch of shit that they inexplicably lost" part confused me... Is this referring to upgrades?

I thought it was Metroid but the "find a bunch of shit that they inexplicably lost" part confused me... Is this referring to upgrades?
Yeah, in every Metroid game but the first Samus loses all of her abilities at the beginning, and most of what you're doing throughout the game is finding them.

Innocent adorable pure young fairy fan keeps getting bullied by a young boy for his cartography skills.

Majora's Mask!

You have to go around saving people from starving and sleeping in the wilderness because they're too lazy to build their own houses.

Smug-looking *ginger mofo so workaholic and so smug that he flex his supercar even when just going back to his lab at night. He so nerd-poser that almost manages to wipe an entire planet and alien race just by messing with code.

*not meant as an insult

Smug-looking *ginger mofo so workaholic and so smug that he flex his supercar even when just going back to his lab at night. He so nerd-poser that almost manages to wipe an entire planet and alien race just by messing with code.

*not meant as an insult

Another World/Out of This World

That intro scene is seared into my memory.

Majora's Mask!

You have to go around saving people from starving and sleeping in the wilderness because they're too lazy to build their own houses.

Dragon Quest Builders? I’d imagine a lot of building/village-management games meet that description.

Wind Waker (Tingle)

Quoted by: Leo
Moonwalking inside of the moon..... quite literally happens, it's quite the funny moving fella.

Area child is incessantly stalked by a photographer
Hint - The photographer has a unexplained obsession with a certain vegetable.
It's Mother 2 / Earthbound

In this game you are on an epic quest to help moths fight against terror.
Would this be Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, by chance?
I sure hope so because that's absolutely perfect.

I'm sure I saw ...
Gain insight and murder a baby.
that. Kind of surprised this hasn't been answered. Sounds like Bloodborne.

Finally! Thank you! I can’t believe it took that long for someone to guess that.

Ah, Might & Magic series might be the one.
Might and Magic II, probably, if it's a specific game?
Yeah the first two basically had that same plot. Can't remember which one had Cuisinarts as an enemy, I think it may have been the second one.

I love that series for the random ass Sci-fi stuff they throw in at the ends of games. Ubisoft really did murder it when they bought it, now it's strictly fantasy.

Bonus hint: number 2 in my post is from the same franchise though not part of the medicine series.

Yeah the first two basically had that same plot. Can't remember which one had Cuisinarts as an enemy, I think it may have been the second one.

I love that series for the random ass Sci-fi stuff they throw in at the ends of games. Ubisoft really did murder it when they bought it, now it's strictly fantasy.

Bonus hint: number 2 in my post is from the same franchise though not part of the medicine series.
Yeah, I feel like some amount of sci-fi elements were common in such games of the time (took way too long to disentangle which series matched that and also had Cuisinarts in it), a trope actually often continued through various JRPGs today, come to think of it.

Which, really, science fiction fantasy mashups aren't unheard of or denigrated in general in gaming, so it's interesting Ubi dropped that, presumably so as to not alienate potential customers.

Okay, I'm not particularly experienced with the Heroes of Might & Magic games, but it sounds like that -- whole series -- is probably the answer.

Yeah, I feel like some amount of sci-fi elements were common in such games of the time (took way too long to disentangle which series matched that and also had Cuisinarts in it), a trope actually often continued through various JRPGs today, come to think of it.

Which, really, science fiction fantasy mashups aren't unheard of or denigrated in general in gaming, so it's interesting Ubi dropped that, presumably so as to not alienate potential customers.

Okay, I'm not particularly experienced with the Heroes of Might & Magic games, but it sounds like that -- whole series -- is probably the answer.
You are correct.

Back
Top Bottom