• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Daft Punk celebrate Homework's 25th anniversary with rare b-sides and an exclusive livestream of 1997 helmetless concert

D

Deleted member 2

Update 4:15 PM CST:

Rolling Stone - Daft Punk to Host One-Time-Only Stream of Rare 1997 Helmet-less Show

Update 4:12 PM CST:

Homework (25th Anniversary Edition) just went live on Spotify.

Homework, Disc 2:

1. “Around The World” (I:Cube remix)*
2. “Revolution 909” (Roger Sanchez & Junior Sanchez Remix)
3. “Around the World” (Tee’s Frozen Sun Mix)*
4. “Around the World” (Mellow Mix)*
5. “Burnin'” (DJ Sneak Main Mix)*
6. “Around the World” (Kenlou Mix)*
7. “Burnin’” (Ian Pooley cut up mix)
8. “Around The World” (Motorbass Vice Mix)
9. “Around The World” (M.A.W. Remix)*
10. “Burnin'” (Slam mix)
11. “Around The World” (Original Lead Only)*
12. “Burnin'” (DJ Sneak Mongowarrier Mix)*
13. “Around The World” (Raw Dub)*
14. “Teachers” (extended mix)
15. “Revolution 909” (Revolution A Capella)

Update 4:09 PM CST:

Their Twitch channel just went live with a mysterious countdown that's counting down to 4:22 PM CST.

1645567889388.png

Update 3:57 PM CST:

Looks like they are about to stream something on Twitch in about 3 minutes.

Update 3:16 PM CST:

Two new postings for Daft Punk's first two releases have gone up on Amazon, to be released on April 22, 2022

Alive 1997 vinyl (Amazon)
Homework vinyl (Amazon)

Update 3:09 PM CST:

Looks like a random French ASMR youtube account claims to know what's up.
Note: this was posted a little over an hour before the official social media postings.

1645564162550.png

Also, Ed Banger posted this on Instagram:

1645564248095.png

Update 2:58 PM CST:

Looks like they've been posting on the hour.
Apparently, according to the official Daft Punk discord server admin, Daft Punk will announce something in one hour.

What we know to be confirmed, from the admin of the official Discord Server:

1645563753570.png

1645563970796.png

1645563993569.png

(Times are in Central Standard Time)

Original post:

Their official social media accounts are all posting the same thing.

Official website

1645564785648.png

Twitch

Twitter

Instagram

Well, their twitch just went live. Looks like it's counting down to 11:22 PM CEST.

Not sure I'd want to see them without helmets.

Interstella 5555, was such a nuts thing to do if you think about it.

that stream was incredible. daft punk was the first band i ever loved, and discovery was the first album i bought. they're the cornerstone of my love for music. all my musical tastes trace back to these two. i was 13 when alive 2007 happened. i begged my parents if i could go, but i was too young... they said i could go to their next tour ugh.

i didn't even expect anything official for homework's 25th anniversary. then on the anniversary of their breakup we get this?! holy shit. i might not have been able to see daft punk live in concert, but at least i was able to see daft punk live on twitch.

and like i said earlier, i gotta call out OP for thinking it was going to be musique volume 2. imagine that hell. all that teasing and hinting for a second "greatest hits" album where the only new content we'd get is a new album cover. thank god it wasn't that lmfao

bbobNiQ.png

and like i said earlier, i gotta call out OP for thinking it was going to be musique volume 2. imagine that hell. all that teasing and hinting for a second "greatest hits" album where the only new content we'd get is a new album cover. thank god it wasn't that lmfao

I can't tell if you're genuinely gloating or not, but what we got was not far off. Both Musique Vol. 1 and Homework 25th Anniversary are releases where the only new content is some remixes.

Musique Vol. 1 had the following tracks previously unreleased to Daft Punk's discography:

Musique
Mothership Reconnection (Daft Punk Remix Edit)
Chord Memory (Daft Punk Remix)
Forget About the World (Daft Punk "Don't Forget the World" Mix)

So it's not like my prediction justifies being mocked over.

I can't tell if you're genuinely gloating or not, but what we got was not far off. Both Musique Vol. 1 and Homework 25th Anniversary are releases where the only new content is some remixes.

Musique Vol. 1 had the following tracks previously unreleased to Daft Punk's discography:

Musique
Mothership Reconnection (Daft Punk Remix Edit)
Chord Memory (Daft Punk Remix)
Forget About the World (Daft Punk "Don't Forget the World" Mix)

So it's not like my prediction justifies being mocked over.
no i never gloat i just shitpost. besides i said i was gonna call you out if it wasn't so i had to stick by my word, even if the execution was sloppy.

i had no idea musique had any new songs tho; i always thought it was nothing but songs from the albums proper, leftovers from remix EPs, or b-sides from singles.

the concert stream was my main focal point of hype. like 100%. i listened to the remixes off the 25th anniversary version this morning. i heard several of them before but honestly i wasn't keen on any of the remixes. if all we got yesterday was the album rerelease w/ the extra remix tracks + a vinyl preorder (ie everything but the concert) i'd have been miffed. but we didn't just get a vinyl pre-order and a couple new remixes. we got to experience a daft punk concert from fuckin 1997, when it's rare to even find PICTURES of these dudes without their helmets we got a 90 minute show out of yesterday. that's insane.

i'm sorry that my shitposting came off as earnest mockery. that was not my intent at all.

no i never gloat i just shitpost. besides i said i was gonna call you out if it wasn't so i had to stick by my word, even if the execution was sloppy.

i had no idea musique had any new songs tho; i always thought it was nothing but songs from the albums proper, leftovers from remix EPs, or b-sides from singles.

the concert stream was my main focal point of hype. like 100%. i listened to the remixes off the 25th anniversary version this morning. i heard several of them before but honestly i wasn't keen on any of the remixes. if all we got yesterday was the album rerelease w/ the extra remix tracks + a vinyl preorder (ie everything but the concert) i'd have been miffed. but we didn't just get a vinyl pre-order and a couple new remixes. we got to experience a daft punk concert from fuckin 1997, when it's rare to even find PICTURES of these dudes without their helmets we got a 90 minute show out of yesterday. that's insane.

i'm sorry that my shitposting came off as earnest mockery. that was not my intent at all.
Thanks for clarifying! I just wasn't sure, because you seemed dedicated to drag my shit thru the mud and laugh lol
Yeah, I watched the whole concert live on my Switch. Was pretty fuckin incredible.
I also had no idea that Short Circuit had been around for that long??

Thanks for clarifying! I just wasn't sure, because you seemed dedicated to drag my shit thru the mud and laugh lol
Yeah, I watched the whole concert live on my Switch. Was pretty fuckin incredible.
I also had no idea that Short Circuit had been around for that long??
oof yeah that wasn't want i wanted to do at all. sorry again. not used to my shit being taken so seriously; i'll keep that in mind.
i had absolutely no idea short circuit was practically finished this early! like i already said discovery was THE album that made me fall in love with music so hearing something show up there is pretty damn wild. hopefully they do an official upload of the concert to youtube, or some means to buy it on blu-ray. would love to see it again officially.

Discovery was totally my intro to Daft Punk. Love their music!

Seeing a concert of the two without the helmets just feels... Wrong?
I dunno, I love hearing it, hate seeing it 😅

Back
Top Bottom