• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition announced for all platforms, launches April 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinyl album of new CC arrangements announced by Square and Procyon (Mitsuda's studio):

Machine translation:

That "stay tuned for where in the game" has me curious. Mitsuda also said that "one new song and seven new arrangements are included" in the remaster. So I thought the new recordings might be for a special album but it appears as though they're somehow in the game somewhere.

I wonder what Square did?

Okay, I saw a bunch of people throwing an absolute fit about the music, but after listening to it myself, I'm somehow not surprised to find out it was another case of gamer hyperbole. Those actually sound really lovely!

Listening to them now properly, those tracks have to play in a new content section or in a music box or something, they are too big of a departure from the originals to completely replace them. Time's Scar in particular doesn't even have the same tempo to match the intro cutscene (we have also heard the original Time's Scar in the reveal trailer) and of course there is a brand new song in there that has to be placed somewhere.

Last edited:
Has anyone played the Chrono Cross crossover event for Another Eden? I'm playing it now and enjoying it.

Okay, I saw a bunch of people throwing an absolute fit about the music, but after listening to it myself, I'm somehow not surprised to find out it was another case of gamer hyperbole. Those actually sound really lovely!
Yup, the tracks sound great and as usual the takes over at era are embarrassing.

physical copy confirmed for Asia!!!
took their sweet time...

HlhWnT7.png

I just realized (thanks to griping in the comments on SEA's post) that Switch is the only platform confirmed to be getting the physical release. A few months ago Nate had suggested CC could be a PlayStation exclusive, and now the physical release is a Switch exclusive. How far we've come, Fam. ❤️

Physical version it is.

Actually. Since it’s so cheap. I might get both eventually. SE will discount this game in the future to 10 bucks I bet

I haven't done any pre-orders through PlayAsia before. Does anyone know when to expect them to go live? We're already within a month of release and I reeaaaalllyy don't wanna miss this one.

Play-Asia PSA/Warning
Neat!

Play-Asia>LRG.
Play Asia support(ed?) GG. also, they're just a store. There are numerous other options you should give your business to over them.. LRG is a publisher. Why they're even brought up here is beyond me.

I haven't done any pre-orders through PlayAsia before. Does anyone know when to expect them to go live? We're already within a month of release and I reeaaaalllyy don't wanna miss this one.
Don't use PA unless it's your literal only choice.

Why not? Because of stuff like this:

Some options:

If you're also not interested in supporting play-asia but feel you have no other choice, these releases are actually quite often available on several other platforms as well. Just gotta have some patience and be on the lookout (since PA is usually simply the first to put them up and openly advertises them).

Below I'm listing shops that sell these Asian imports, not just random shops. To double checked I specifically looked for other Square Enix releases like this one (Legend of Mana, Romancing Saga 2/3, etc).

WW:
videogamesplus.ca

365games.co.uk / shop4world.com / shop4de.com (all the same thing, targeting different regions [UK/ww/Germany specifically])
ozgameshop.com is also the same shop as above (based out of the UK), this storefront is specifically for Australia, Canada and the US

US:

EU based out of UK:
bazaar-bazaar.co.uk

EU based out of EU (DK):
coolshop (co.uk/.de/local variant of the available storefront across EU)

DE/AT only:
netgames.de

DE only:
proshop.de

CH:
wog.ch

Portugal (ships elsewhere too):

South Africa:
raru.co.za

Philippines:
gameone.ph
lazada.com.ph

Thailand:
powerbuy.co.th

is what I found. if someone knows of more shops that actually stock and sell these, please let me know. we can collect them here.

amazon and eBay also have these available, usually shortly after release. since they're not officially distributed worldwide, it might take a bit until you can find new releases such as Chrono Cross on these storefronts (maybe only post actual release). So patience is key here.

HlhWnT7.png

Last edited:
Play Asia support(ed?) GG. also, they're just a store. There are numerous other options you should give your business to over them.. LRG is a publisher. Why they're even brought up here is beyond me.

Don't use PA unless it's your literal only choice.

Why not? Because of stuff like this:

Some options:

If you're also not interested in supporting play-asia but feel you have no other choice, these releases are actually quite often available on several other platforms as well. Just gotta have some patience and be on the lookout (since PA is usually simply the first to put them up and openly advertises them).

Below I'm listing shops that sell these Asian imports, not just random shops. To double checked I specifically looked for other Square Enix releases like this one (Legend of Mana, Romancing Saga 2/3, etc).

WW:
videogamesplus.ca

365games.co.uk / shop4world.com / shop4de.com (all the same thing, targeting different regions [UK/ww/Germany specifically])
ozgameshop.com is also the same shop as above (based out of the UK), this storefront is specifically for Australia, Canada and the US

EU based out of UK:
bazaar-bazaar.co.uk

EU based out of EU (DK):
coolshop (co.uk/.de/local variant of the available storefront across EU)

DE/AT only:
netgames.de

DE only:
proshop.de

CH:
wog.ch

South Africa:
raru.co.za

Philippines:
gameone.ph
lazada.com.ph

Thailand:
powerbuy.co.th

is what I found. if someone knows of more shops that actually stock and sell these, please let me know. we can collect them here.

amazon and eBay also have these available, usually shortly after release. since they're not officially distributed worldwide, it might take a bit until you can find new releases such as Chrono Cross on these storefronts (maybe only post actual release). So patience is key here.

Goddammit, not them too 😩

Given PlayAsia is not a good option and I haven't ordered or imported for a long time, where do people recommend I go to order the physical edition. They should be able to shipt to Canada.

nvm, i found the options posted above.

Last edited:
Good luck with sites with good service to Peru.

The world doesn't revolve around NA. Plus, PA has exclusives that I'm interested into.
Yes, the world doesn't revolve around NA, which is why the majority of links I collected there are for places that aren't NA lol.

Have you even tried any of the other options compiled there?

Has anyone here used Nintendo Soup? I'm finding only a couple people saying they had good experiences, and quiiiiite a few more all saying their purchases never showed up. 😕

Didnt know NS was selling games either :p

As for the sites mentioned above by Moon - I've tried a couple of them for a few years now as I avoid both Amazon and Play Asia as long as it's possible.

Baazaar Baazaar - They're pretty great, but quite expensive sadly.
videogamesplus.ca - Also good, but shipping is expensive for me here in Sweden
Coolshop - I've used their swedish site (spelbutiken). The best site for me to get games that's not seeing releases here in Europe normally. Negative is that you have to wait quite a while before they have stock in since they're not getting Asia/NA releases day 1.

Yes, the world doesn't revolve around NA, which is why the majority of links I collected there are for places that aren't NA lol.

Have you even tried any of the other options compiled there?
Yep, and most of them don't have the exclusives I'm looking for or have overly-expensive shipping to Peru. Thanks a lot.

Has anyone here used Nintendo Soup? I'm finding only a couple people saying they had good experiences, and quiiiiite a few more all saying their purchases never showed up. 😕
NintendoSoup fucking sucks. And good luck getting a hold of someone if there's literally any problem with your order.

I'm really starting to get excited about revisiting this game, it's been too long. Maybe I'll finally go with the Glenn route; I've never done that since IMO it makes little sense to make that decision.

Mostly I'm just excited about the new QoL features and getting to vibe in the music and atmosphere.

Physical it is. Going to order this along with Legend of Mana physical to make it worth the shipping cost.

That is actually a good idea. I've been meaning to buy a few of those Square games for collection purposes so I will probably just do one shot.

Wait, didn't that come out already? I thought I missed the window for that one!
I don’t think there was one for Switch out there when I checked a year ago. But Arc System Works seems to be reissuing a bunch of S-E titles physically in Asia so I think they’re remediating this gap along with Romancing SaGa 2.

Wait, didn't that come out already? I thought I missed the window for that one!
The Japanese version of Saga Scarlet Grace released a while ago but that version doesn't support English. The Asian version of the game will release late April with English support.

Welp, that is worth a threadmark then.

For real, PA supported GG??? How does that even work? But fuck them for that :(

I’m going to hold out for the SaGa Scarlet Grace physical that’s coming out in late April and hit all three at once.
wait that is actually getting a physical version too??? :O nobody told me! this is increidble news!
For real, PA supported GG??? How does that even work? But fuck them for that :(
see the thread I linked in the post up there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom