• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Charles Martinet will not voice Mario going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it was bound to happen eventually but still sort of an end of an era for Mario. TBH, glad it could happen this way rather than "oh shit, he'd dead, time to find a replacement." Hopefully this way he can give some kind of direction or guidance for whoever takes over, like you sometimes see with Disney's long-running characters.

Also, I'm a little curious how long they'll be reusing his voice clips. Smash has gotten away with just reusing lines from Brawl, so I wonder if it'll be a complete and sudden change-over or if things like the sports games will get away with just using canned lines for a bit.

Charles had an absolutely monumental run doing one of the most iconic character voices in the world. Glad it's not a negative split, it sounds like maybe he's just getting ready to retire to the convention circuit. But man, who are they gonna get to replace him?

It's not going to be Pratt.

Just so you know OP, that's not at all what the announcement is saying.

It's saying he won't be recording new lines from here on out, since he's retiring as the voice actor. They have enough outtakes and material of his to use his voice.... pretty much forever.

Just so you know OP, that's not at all what the announcement is saying.

It's saying he won't be recording new lines from here on out, since he's retiring as the voice actor. They have enough outtakes and material of his to use his voice.... pretty much forever.
Honestly doesn't sound like they will use old recordings but let's see

Got a dumb theory: Wonder if Mario is at Opening Night Live, bit strange of them posting this with no new Mario material.

Well, I'll be. Thank you so much for so many good games, Mr. Martinet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom