• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Camelot seems to be maybe the only one of Nintendo's ususal partners that it's been MIA for over 3 years now. What are they cooking?

As I said in the main post, I feel is unlikely they have been working since 2021 on the Switch 2 for a Mario Tennis game, especially since by that point Nintendo made pretty much all their other partners develop more games for the regular Switch, games which we have been seeing now. It could be the case sure, but I'm not sure, it would be odd to make Camelot make something next gen while Nd Cube kept working on the regular Switch for Jamboree.
If they want games for release on both machines, can't be forcing all their partners onto the same path.

People have been complaining about the state of Mario Sports since late Wii/early Wii U days. They made a whopping 3 entries on Switch and each one got progressively worse.

They've course corrected on other Mario spinoffs, but there's nothing pointing to that happening for the Sports games. This is especially evident if you consider that their internally developed Sports game on Switch came out with the same issues
The complaints didn’t really start to pick up until the Switch, which is where this business model really started to take shape. Games like Ultra Smash and Sports Superstars were terrible, but the ire wasn’t really directed at the sports output as a whole, just those two games specifically.

Super Rush, Switch Sports, and Battle League was where the business model itself started to come under fire. And the fact that we’re gonna go 3+ years without a sports game of any kind makes me pretty confident that Nintendo is shaking things up.

I hope that Camelot makes a golden sun 4 but at the same time I have a feeling that Camelot is at a risk of getting shut down.
EDIT: There's also a chance that Camelot may be working with NDCube on Super Mario Party Jamboree but who knows until the credits show up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom