• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Bye Bye Evagelion aka EVANGELION:3.0+1.11 THRICE UPON A TIME coming to us Blu Ray and collectors edition 4K blu Ray October 17

Might need to get that 4K. I haven’t really been buying any of the Blu Ray sets because of the lack of Fly Me to the Moon

This movie hit me like a train. I still think about it from time to time.

Glad to see it's finally getting a BD edition.

As someone who has only watch the series, where do the films fit in exactly?
Without spoiling anything,
The Rebuilds seem like they out as a straight remake/adaptation of the series, but then become something all their own entirely as they go on.

If you've finished the series (including End of Evangelion), you can jump in and you'll appreciate Rebuild much more.

Imo the rebuilds are a nonsensical light show using the likenesses of the original characters to tell a nostalgia-fueled story that is nowhere near as good as NGE + EoE

Imo the rebuilds are a nonsensical light show using the likenesses of the original characters to tell a nostalgia-fueled story that is nowhere near as good as NGE + EoE
😮

I mean I could've seen where you were coming from before I saw Rebuilds 3 and 4, but those two movies take the story and characters in such wildly different and satisfying directions that I ended up preferring Rebuild to NGE+EoE.

Granted it's best to have seen NGE+EoE in order to really appreciate Rebuild which could be argued would diminish Rebuild's value but still

As someone who has only watch the series, where do the films fit in exactly?
in addition to what others have said about the rebuilds, if you've only seen the series, the End of Evangelion movie is essential viewing imo—a perfect conclusion for the original series & maybe the sole truly great piece of evangelion media until 3.0+1.0

Back
Top Bottom