• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Building techniques, tips, and tricks for Tears of the Kingdom

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2

Hey y'all. I've been seeing some fascinating ideas come forth from the past few weeks of experimenting in Tears of the Kingdom's building engine, and would like to have a place where we can compile and discuss various universal techniques.

I'll list some examples below, and add to them as more are discovered or brought to my attention. Please let me know if you think something should be added.

Gyroscope

Function - Stabilizing land-based builds.

Parts
  • 1 x Stabilizer
  • 2 x Wagon Wheel

Summary - The constant downward weight of a freely-rotating stabilizer keeps all the wheels of a land-based vehicle on the ground.

Method

Step 1: Attach an upright Stabilizer to the axle (center) of a flat Wagon Wheel.

Step 2: Attach the side of that Wagon Wheel to the axle of a second Wagon Wheel at a 90 degree angle.

Step 3: Attach the second Wagon Wheel standing upright to a land-based vehicle, such as a motorcycle or a crawler.

BFD20987-1DAC-4991-99F7-5968B5A7448B.jpeg

I've been messing around with using Pots as ball and socket joint for a similar effect, though I imagine this works better.

I've been messing around with using Pots as ball and socket joint for a similar effect, though I imagine this works better.
I haven't tried the ball and socket method for stabilizing yet, since I've been trying to optimize the Wagon Wheel method. Although it'd be nice to only have to use Zonai devices.

Definitely watching this thread. My builds have been getting better / dumber since finishing the story, so I'll capture a few for later!

Also that gyroscope is an awesome idea, I'll def be using that. It fulfills another subgenre of building I've found myself getting into: making stuff that is cheap to Autobuild. Could snap that onto a build for just a few Zonaite!

Attaching dragon parts to your builds drastically increases the de-spawn distance. This works even with auto build-generated parts!

Do you have any idea how it helps? I haven't tried this yet but I can't tell how much it's helping without a comparison
I'm guessing it moves the center of mass slightly backwards despite (likely) not having much mass. The length probably makes up for that.

I just learned today after 100 hours that pressing ZL while ultrahanding a building material automatically makes that material flat/level for you. I wasted many hours doing that manually. I hope someone sees this and takes advantage of it.

Holy shit, this is the game changer
It is so useful to the point that I am likely to employ it when using Ultrahand more times than not and it is really weird that the game never tells you about it. I luckily saw a YouTuber mention it very early on in my play through.

I just learned today after 100 hours that pressing ZL while ultrahanding a building material automatically makes that material flat/level for you. I wasted many hours doing that manually. I hope someone sees this and takes advantage of it.
You know what's funny is I saw this before and had my mind blown, but then I never executed it and forgot about it until now where I had my mind blown a second time.

I'm waaaaay too stupid to understand what's happening in that calculator clip.

Gyroscope worked a treat - actually too well, it made my back tires sit so close to the ground that I fishtailed like a son of a bitch

Back
Top Bottom