• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition coming to Nintendo Switch on October 6th

I'm all for more games from AAA publishers but..

Meanwhile Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box gets announced for all other platforms which includes:

Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Borderlands 3
Tales from the Borderlands
New Tales from the Borderlands.

They also includes all extra add ons get's announced for the other platforms at the same cost as Borderlands 3 on Switch.

(Ok I am lying a lil bit of lie because even if it's launching at 60$ it is going to be priced at 150$ later on)

Shades of Mass Effect 3 / Trilogy on Wii U :p

Yep, if there's one thing October needed was more game releases :ROFLMAO:

I'll get this though, do we know who is handling the port?

Kinda hoped this would be a dual announcement at the Direct with Wonderlands. But this would do too, more BL is always a good thing, despite it's not as good as BL2.
I'll get this though, do we know who is handling the port?
Yep, Turn Me Up games. We know it from their Linkedn profile.

F42--AmWcAAM5nQ

Kinda hoped this would be a dual announcement at the Direct with Wonderlands. But this would do too, more BL is always a good thing, despite it's not as good as BL2.

Yep, Turn Me Up games. We know it from their Linkedn profile.

Excellent, so that's Batman trilogy and the Borderlands trilogy they have brought across to Switch. Hopefully they have more in the pipeline as I know they hinted they were not done yet when Batman was revealed.

Meanwhile Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box gets announced for all other platforms which includes:

Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Borderlands 3

They also includes all extra add ons get's announced for the other platforms at the same cost as Borderlands 3 on Switch.

(Ok I am lying a lil bit of lie because even if it's launching at 60$ it is going to be priced at 150$ later on)

Yup, very much like Mass Effect on Wii U, Dark Souls on Switch and also a bit like the Devil May Cry ports on Switch which were 20 USD each while the entire trilogy was 30 USD on the other platforms (and I believe it was free to claim on Prime Gaming around the time the first port came out).

Still, it's great that Switch is getting so many AAA 3rd party games even this late into its life.

YES!! Amazing game, finally on switch! Another miracle port alongside Arkham Knight, do we know if it is finally turn me up the team behind the port? They listed it on the linkedin offer 3 years ago.

Edit: I have just read it, they are making the port. Amazing and looking forward to it, had a great time with it on PS4.

Last edited:

Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Borderlands 3

All of these games except borderlands 3 can be purchase with low prices on switch

Im excited for this. I just hope the motion controls work better. Borderlands is the only game where I turned motion off, because the aim assist was just too useful. Often I found if I ADS, I was way off the target and then I had difficulty tracking the enemies movement. The aim assist had a decent ‘lock on’ when aiming and it made the game play a lot better, especially in portable mode

The main difference being....that the Wii U DIDN'T already have ALL the games available at that time
I mean, Borderlands 3 is a "recent" and so "impossible" port for the Switch, yet it's still getting released, with now the entire brand contents available on the system

Hasn't this been rumored/showed up in listings for some time?

Would be very interested to see how this port turns out.
Surprise this got announced /leaked ahead of a potential fall direct.

Hasn't this been rumored/showed up in listings for some time?

Would be very interested to see how this port turns out.
Surprise this got announced /leaked ahead of a potential fall direct.
Yes, in pegi and other sources, you can see the rumors on the rumor thread

The story and most of the new characters aren't great, but the gameplay, post game, horde modes and DLC are all better than BL2. I'd argue and say some of the side quests are more interesting too if you like the world building.

So if you haven't played it and have a friend or two that's interested, play it!

It's a little worrying how we haven't seen a trailer or even a single screenshot. Especially with how the game runs on last gen systems.

Wow, I'm surprised by this. Especially considering how it would chug a bit on PS4/XB1. Hopefully it runs well.

That said, this is an extremely fun game. The comedy/writing complaints are valid to a point but severely overblown.

B2 ran a little choppy, especially fire effects, but I still clocked over 400 hours on the Switch somehow.

...does anyone know how much of 3 will actually be on the cart?

We know nothing. Nothing at all lol.

It'll take someone to take a plunge on this version of BL3 to get a good idea unless the physical leaks this week or something.

I'm SO curious how well this got ported over.

We know nothing. Nothing at all lol.

which is not a good sign... it's such a big game, and the eshop lists 6GB... so the best we can hope for is a small demo sized playable area...

So it will probably be day1 DL status... which turns the cart into a nuissance more than anything... like owning the DL version but you still have to swap carts

...I haven't cancelled yet tho... I love looter shooters

I should cancel and wait on an eshop deal. I might have to buy a new sim card either way... $64 w/ tax, plus a big enough sim card is getting expensive

...I'm close to just saying fuck it... I don't play games on my PC m(3060) for some reason, but I totally could

which is not a good sign
Majority of Switch "miracle ports" don't usually have gameplay shown until the release date. Most of them end up having good gameplay, though. Like this year's Remnant From the Ashes.

This one is from Turn Me Up games, I trust them blindly. Both Borderlands 3 and Batman Arkham Knight are coming up next month and made by Turn Me Up games, and neither have any gameplay.

A couple noticable differences.

• No Splitscreen - Understandable given the constraints.
  • Only 2 Player Online - This seems weird and an odd change from 4 players.

Also, it doesn't mention cross play anywhere, which feels like a big omission. One of the nice things about bl3 is that it was patched to have cross play across everything, so that would be a bummer.

It's been up since the day of announcement. But no preorders yet, just the price.

Also, the screens are from the PS4 version, as they always are. Haven't seen a "miracle port" that uses actual Switch screens for it eShop page, Doom included.
They changed the eShop images some days ago, at least in the european eShop. The new images look low res and with downgraded textures so I think they are from the actual Switch port.

NSwitch_Borderlands3UltimateEdition_01.jpg

NSwitch_Borderlands3UltimateEdition_02.jpg

NSwitch_Borderlands3UltimateEdition_03.jpg

I wonder how small they could get just the original game, without DLC.

If they have to use lower resolution 720p textures and compress the hell out if them, is it even feasable to fit just the base game on a cartridge?

That's a massive download. Wonder what can actually be done without it? First mission? Or nothing at all :p

I think the legendary collection was done between both Turn Me Up and Fractured Byte, so maybe it was just Fractured Byte this time around while Turn Me Up was with the Arkham Collection..

That's a massive download. Wonder what can actually be done without it? First mission? Or nothing at all :p

I think the legendary collection was done between both Turn Me Up and Fractured Byte, so maybe it was just Fractured Byte this time around while Turn Me Up was with the Arkham Collection..
DLC could be separate download. IIRC, they are pretty big. AC Ezio Collection also said ~45 gb total download but you got to pick what to download.

Also Fractured Byte assisted Turn Me Up in every port they made, including Tony Hawk and It takes Two. Turn Me Up could still be involved without having their names on the box.

DLC could be separate download. IIRC, they are pretty big. AC Ezio Collection also said ~45 gb total download but you got to pick what to download.

Also Fractured Byte assisted Turn Me Up in every port they made, including Tony Hawk and It takes Two. Turn Me Up could still be involved without having their names on the box.

Yeah that's possible, they seem like a pretty good tandem of developers.
Their previous ports are all good as far as I know.

Turn Me Up’s logo featured on the boxes also though, whereas they don’t appear at all on Borderlands 3. Fractured Byte probably started this after they worked on Pre-Sequel whilst Turn Me Up moved onto other projects including Batman.

Yep. I might be getting this. Does this have local co-op gameplay?

Cancelled my preorder... that's just too much download space. If I have to buy an SD card and download 62GB in addition to buying an expensive cart, I might as well just hook up my PC to the tv.

If it turns out the 6-7 GB on the cart is playable without a download (maybe all the non-dlc content) I'm back in. It seems to run great for a Switch port.

It's funny, if you can play local/LAN co-op without a download, through a major portion of the game... the preservationist in me would buy two carts. I'm wierd.

Back
Top Bottom