• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals Black Friday/Holiday Deals 2023

Some expansion passes are on sale too in case anyone has been waiting to pick any up - BOTW, FE Engage, XC2 and Age of Calamity from what I can see.

Here are some self-curated highlights on the UK eShop sales, for any UK gamers out there:
  • Super Mario Odyssey - £33.29 (-33%)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - £41.99 (-33%)
  • Portal: Companion Collection - £4.58 (-66%)
  • Metroid Prime Remastered - £24.49 (-30%)
  • The Witcher 3 - £11.99 (-60%)
  • Dragon Quest XI S - £24.99 (-50%)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles DE - £33.29 (-33%)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - £33.29 (-33%)
  • Link's Awakening - £33.29 (-33%)
  • Dark Souls Remastered - £17.49 (-50%)
  • Red Dead Redemption - £27.99 (-30%)
  • Bayonetta Origins - £33.29 (-33%)
  • No More Heroes 3 - £19.99 (-50%)
  • Live A Live - £19.99 (-50%)
  • Fire Emblem Engage - £33.29 (-33%)
I'm hoping we get some American ones later today!

Usually some secondary sales will pop up in the afternoon too I think
Oh I guess I'll wait for all the sales hit then. It's about time for me to sleep anyway. Though there's already a few tasty-looking discounts!

Usually some secondary sales will pop up in the afternoon too I think
the second link I shared is muuuuuch more extensive

Glad to see Sonic Superstars for 30$ off, at the price it should have been.

Sad to see Kirby RtDd is full price... even tho it is 50% off at retail

I don't have time right now to make a full list of US eShop deals, but I want to shout out that the Baten Kaitos HD Remasters are 30% off in the US, at $34.99.

Hm. There are undoubtedly some good deals in there but nothing that strikes me as a must have right now. I feel like the timing is just never going to be right for me and Persona. 100 hours is just...so much. That's a one-every-few-years type of thing for me like BOTW or TOTK.

Finally! A digital sale that makes sense for me.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land at $41.99 but had $38 eshop credit already.

also Octopath Traveler 2 is $40 on Amazon again, so I didn't miss out this time.

Hm. There are undoubtedly some good deals in there but nothing that strikes me as a must have right now. I feel like the timing is just never going to be right for me and Persona. 100 hours is just...so much. That's a one-every-few-years type of thing for me like BOTW or TOTK.
Ultra Kaiju Monster rancher at half off($25) is actually solid when you consider it’s a KT licensed game that’s just published by bamco

yeah so I pulled up my eshop wishlist and ran a search for "%" so it'd highlight everything that's on sale and uhhhh

BQ1dnwo.png

I bit on Final Fantasy XVI for $40 on Amazon. Maybe it drops even more in the future, but I've been meaning to play it for a while. The timing seems right!

I bit on Final Fantasy XVI for $40 on Amazon. Maybe it drops even more in the future, but I've been meaning to play it for a while. The timing seems right!
If you are okay with a used copy Gamefly has it for $30:

EDIT:

I also found out you can use BLKFR23 for an additional 10% off to get FF16 for $27.

Last edited:
.hack GU is only $10. I only got about half way through the second game on PS4. Do I double dip on the chance I'll actually beat the collection this time?

yeah so I pulled up my eshop wishlist and ran a search for "%" so it'd highlight everything that's on sale and uhhhh

BQ1dnwo.png
You put me in the mood so I transcribed my on sale wishlist. It’s about a third of it
Tales of Symphonia(40%)

Mighty Switch Force collection(50%)

Baten Kaitos (35%)

UNIBE:L[cl-r] (30%)

Grimgrimore once more (40%)

P4AU(50%)

P4G(35%)

DQXIS(30%)

Ace Angler Fishing Spirits(50%)

Ultra Kaiju Monster Rancher(50%)

Castlevania Advanced collection(40%)

Monster Train First Class(75%)

Star Wars the force unleashed(50%)

Several are easy skips due to higher previous sales.
.hack GU is only $10. I only got about half way through the second game on PS4. Do I double dip on the chance I'll actually beat the collection this time?
Dewie it. I need to start them too tho I wanted to watch Signs first

BQ1dnwo.png
I'm shocked at how Highland Song is cheaper where I am. Usually the eShop lists the same or a higher price, even though the Euro is stronger.

Albeit, the prices here include tax, that didn't make up the difference when Nintendo's first 70€ game was Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch).

Against my better judgement I think I’m gonna grab Persona 5.

I work a full time job and am working towards a master’s degree in the evenings. C’ya in, like, 2 years.

Nintendo’s sale is the most lackluster Black Friday sale I can remember from them in years. For me personally at least. The only games on my wishlist that are on sale are We Love Katamari and LEGO 2k Drive.

By the time I bother getting a PS5, I think I'll pay $69.99 for game and DLC ahahaha

For UK people, DualSense is now on sale at a bunch of places for £39 to £43, colour availability varying between retailers (Very have this pricing for pre-orders on the upcoming silver one). At ShopTo it comes with a £5 voucher off your next £40 order before the end of February (useful if you're planning on picking any games up in the next 3 months).

the second link I shared is muuuuuch more extensive

Glad to see Sonic Superstars for 30$ off, at the price it should have been.

Sad to see Kirby RtDd is full price... even tho it is 50% off at retail
That is odd. I thought it was included in Nintendo's list of digital games that would be 50% off on the eshop.

That is odd. I thought it was included in Nintendo's list of digital games that would be 50% off on the eshop.
@totofogo

Okay I checked the link in the OP and it turns out some of the games don't specifically include the eShop as a retailer. So I guess Target will be the way to go for Kirby for me.

Here are some US eShop deals I want to highlight (and there are many more out there than these):
  • Portal Companion Collection - $6.79 (-66%)
  • Super Mario Odyssey - $39.99 (-33%)
  • Persona 5 Royal - $29.99 (-50%)
  • The Witcher 3 - $15.99 (-60%) / Complete Edition - $23.99 (-60%)
  • Dragon Quest IX S - $34.99 (-30%)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles DE - $41.99 (-30%)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - $41.99 (-30%)
  • Xenoblade Chronices 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country - $27.99 (-30%)
  • Cocoon - $19.99 (-20%)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - $41.99 (-30%)
  • Ghost Trick - $19.99 (-30%)
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 - $39.99 (-33%)
  • The Messenger - $4.99 (-75%)
  • Unpacking - $9.99 (-50%)
  • Bayonetta 3 - $41.99 (-30%)
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land - $41.99 (-30%)
  • Slay the Spire - $8.74 (-65%)
  • Shin Megami Tensei V - $23.99 (-60%)
  • We Love Katamari REROLL - $14.99 (-50%)
  • No Man's Sky - $29.99 (-50%)
  • Red Dead Redemption - $34.99 (-30%)
  • Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster - $34.99 (-30%)

Last edited:
Here are some US eShop deals I want to highlight (and there are many more out there than these):
  • Portal Companion Collection - $6.79 (-66%)
  • Super Mario Odyssey - $39.99 (-33%)
  • Persona 5 Royal - $29.99 (-50%)
  • The Witcher 3 - $15.99 (-60%) / Complete Edition - $23.99 (-60%)
  • Dragon Quest IX S - $34.99 (-30%)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles DE - $41.99 (-30%)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - $41.99 (-30%)
  • Cocoon - $19.99 (-20%)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - $41.99 (-30%)
  • Ghost Trick - $19.99 (-30%)
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 - $39.99 (-33%)
  • The Messenger - $4.99 (-75%)
  • Unpacking - $9.99 (-50%)
  • Bayonetta 3 - $41.99 (-30%)
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land - $41.99 (-30%)
  • Slay the Spire - $8.74 (-65%)
  • Shin Megami Tensei V - $23.99 (-60%)
  • We Love Katamari REROLL - $14.99 (-50%)
  • No Man's Sky - $29.99 (-50%)
  • Red Dead Redemption - $34.99 (-30%)
  • Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster - $34.99 (-30%)
You left out xbc2 Torna which almost never goes on sale

Xenoblade 3 dlc or baiten kaitos?
If you played the whole XB trilogy, do the DLC. It's really the true end of the whole series and I'd go as far as to say XB3 is incomplete without it.

If you haven't played 1 and 2 yet, however, a lot of it might fall flat or straight-up not make sense, and then I'd say go for BK

For UK people, DualSense is now on sale at a bunch of places for £39 to £43, colour availability varying between retailers (Very have this pricing for pre-orders on the upcoming silver one). At ShopTo it comes with a £5 voucher off your next £40 order before the end of February (useful if you're planning on picking any games up in the next 3 months).

There's a similar deal in North America, $50 for most colors at Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. I've got a hot pink one on the way!

If you played the whole XB trilogy, do the DLC. It's really the true end of the whole series and I'd go as far as to say XB3 is incomplete without it.

If you haven't played 1 and 2 yet, however, a lot of it might fall flat or straight-up not make sense, and then I'd say go for BK
Finished all the three games but never played the dlc of any of them. I have torna and future connected, but never olayed those.

I really liked XB3, so I may bite that.

Finished all the three games but never played the dlc of any of them. I have torna and future connected, but never olayed those.

I really liked XB3, so I may bite that.
Ah okay, yeah Future Connected and Torna don't carry the weight that Future Redeemed does. They're neat (Torna especially) but FR is genuinely the epilogue to the whole trilogy. It's the one XB DLC that I'd consider essential.

The biggest snub here for us in the US is no Metroid Prime deal like in the UK. I would've jumped on that very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom