• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals Black Friday/Holiday Deals 2023

ceres15

Downy Snagret
Pronouns
He/Him
Here we are - it's the Switch's seventh holiday season and that means there are some nice upcoming deals from Nintendo. I thought I would create a thread where we can share the nice deals that everyone is finding for games this year. Nintendo has just put up some of their holiday retail offerings, so I'll kick it off with those.

Nintendo Switch OLED Model: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Bundle (US - $349.99) - Available November 19 - 25

• Nintendo Switch OLED model with black dock and Super Smash Bros.-themed Joy Con
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate download code included
  • 3-Month Nintendo Switch Online Individual membership included
  • $67.98 value in savings (according to Nintendo)

Super Mario Party + Red & Blue Joy-Con Bundle (US - $99.99) - Available November 19 - 25

• Red (L) & Blue (R) Joy-Con set
  • Super Mario Party download code included
  • $39.98 value in savings (according to Nintendo)

Sales on Nintendo Switch Titles at Select Retailers & Digitally (US) - Available November 19 - 25

• Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - $29.99 (-50%)
  • Everybody 1-2 Switch! - $19.99 (-33%)
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - $29.99 (-50%)
  • Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe - $29.99 (-50%)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - $39.99 (-33%)
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 - $39.99 (-33%)
  • Mario Strikers Battle League - $29.99 (-50%)
  • Minecraft Legends Deluxe Edition - $29.99 (-40%)
  • Nintendo Switch Sports - $39.99 (-20%)
  • Super Mario Odyssey - $39.99 (-33%)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - $39.99 (-33%)

Last edited:
1st parties half off? Dang, we really must be getting near the end

Anyway, probably gonna pick up Kirby (glad I held off earlier in the year). And anybody that hasn't yet should really give Tropical Freeze a go

Oh. This would be the first good Nintendo sale since ages...so we probably won't get that in Europe...

Glad I’m not after much this year my budget is tight. Plus more I want digitally on Eshop sales anyways(like Gigabash)

Oh here’s a deal from QVC(if it’s still live) that I used to get Pikmin 1+2 for $32 ish after tax. They have a holiday code that is $30 off $60 or $20 off $50(body of the code is the same, swap 30 for 20) it’s on their site

Only thing I’m considering physically is Fate Samurai Remnant

Glad I’m not after much this year my budget is tight. Plus more I want digitally on Eshop sales anyways(like Gigabash)

Oh here’s a deal from QVC(if it’s still live) that I used to get Pikmin 1+2 for $32 ish after tax. They have a holiday code that is $30 off $60 or $20 off $50(body of the code is the same, swap 30 for 20) it’s on their site

Only thing I’m considering physically is Fate Samurai Remnant
This is a nice find! It looks like the HOLIDAY30 code is expired though, but the HOLIDAY20 still seems to work.

I’m looking for a 1tb SD card. And also Sonic Superstars and maybe The Last of Us Part 1 Remake if they go on sale. Here’s hoping.

Can someone post the Amazon link because Elmo made it so you can't do anything on his shitty site without an account.
What does it show on your end? Twitter embeds and links still work for me even when logged out or in Incognito. Is all that broken on your end?

Will be curious if there are any decent deals for PS5, but I don't see any retailers cutting it to where I'd like it to be.

Will be curious if there are any decent deals for PS5, but I don't see any retailers cutting it to where I'd like it to be.

The Spider-Man Bundle is $500 right now. You essentially get the game for free. There might be some further discounts depending on the retailer further down the line. But the sale on the bundle is an official Sony one and it lasts for a month I believe.

Several of the deals listed in the OP will be available during the week of the 19th-25th at Meijer stores (see ad). These include:
  • Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe - $29.99
  • Nintendo Switch Sports - $39.99
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 - $39.99
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - $39.99
  • Super Mario Odyssey - $39.99
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Switch OLED Bundle - $349.99
Additionally, the UK will have eShop deals soon, with the first batch beginning on 16/11 and the second batch beginning on 20/11 (running through 2/12). No announcements yet for American eShop sale times afaik.

Preview of Walmart's deals on November 22 are up

Some highlights:
Mario Odyssey - $30
Zelda: Breath of the Wild - $30
Kirby: Return to Dreamland - $30
God of War Ragnarok - $30
Jedi Survivor - $30
Ass Creed Mirage - $40
Resident Evil 4 - $30
Street Fighter VI - $30

Preview of Walmart's deals on November 22 are up

Some highlights:
Mario Odyssey - $30
Zelda: Breath of the Wild - $30
Kirby: Return to Dreamland - $30
God of War Ragnarok - $30
Jedi Survivor - $30
Ass Creed Mirage - $40
Resident Evil 4 - $30
Street Fighter VI - $30
And Just Dance 2024 increases in price! As I’m sure FEWTH will if retailers bring it up to Nintendo’s suggest retail price.

And Just Dance 2024 increases in price! As I’m sure FEWTH will if retailers bring it up to Nintendo’s suggest retail price.

Walmart was actually selling Tears of the Kingdom for $50 this week. It's going up to $60 for Black Friday.

Does the 3-month NSO sub stack if you're an existing NSO member?
"You can purchase or redeem download codes for multiple copies of the same membership to extend your overall membership time. For example, if you purchase a Nintendo Switch Online individual membership of any time length when you already have a Nintendo Switch Online individual membership, the time will be added on to the end of your current membership period. The remaining time on your account can be increased up to 3 years."

Pretty lackluster deals this year. Maybe everyone saw Nintendo making tons of money with $20 discounts on 5 year old games and thought maybe they should try it as well.

I’d rather wait for gold digital to get close to that price at this point

Yeah that’s pretty disappointing. Tales of Symphonia and Raincode are ok but knowing both publishers if I wait 6 months I’ll be able to get a better deal digitally (which I prefer on the latter).
And of course the 2 other games I’d consider aren’t even on sale. Shrug. Here’s hoping some of the stuff on my wishlist hits what I’m hoping for next week on the Eshop sales. Those should be less stingy

Dangerously close to biting the bullet for a £380 PS5. I can't see any guarantee the same deals will be applied when this old stock runs out and the slim stock rolls in, and a lot of the bundles are already gone here so I imagine any new ones that pop up next week will go fast too. My old console has died a proper death now so it feels a bit more justified to get to my backlog, just have to uh...move the TV slightly to stand it vertically next to it (and the 'slim' will make almost no difference on this front lol).

😐

Dangerously close to biting the bullet for a £380 PS5. I can't see any guarantee the same deals will be applied when this old stock runs out and the slim stock rolls in, and a lot of the bundles are already gone here so I imagine any new ones that pop up next week will go fast too. My old console has died a proper death now so it feels a bit more justified to get to my backlog, just have to uh...move the TV slightly to stand it vertically next to it (and the 'slim' will make almost no difference on this front lol).

😐

You can display the PS5 horizontally too. Ours fits next to the PS2 on the bottom part of our TV stand.

You can display the PS5 horizontally too. Ours fits next to the PS2 on the bottom part of our TV stand.
That would be my preference but sadly it won't fit into or onto our TV cabinet horizontally because it's so modular. It's definitely something I'll be considering if/when we change it though, vertical consoles freak me out (but maybe I'll adjust!).

Not a ton of deals for me yet, hoping for the Eshop sale to save me tomorrow. Although
Hm looking at deals, and choices. The complete original manga run of Nichijou or volumes 1 and 2 of DBZ Kai…

Back
Top Bottom